A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Post Reply
User avatar
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
Posts: 30204
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:45 pm
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by Kip » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:04 pm

There has been no official press release. The only notice is the statement in my original post that was offered to me for posting on this forum.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"


Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2422
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by Mikkei4 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:14 pm

paw3001 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:57 pm
Transparency seems to have been lost. I know I would not be happy being ousted from the Company that used my name!

We need to know what and why Chris has left. We don’t need specifics but more that what is currently given via the press release!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What gives any of us the right to expect to be told the internals of a Limited Company or whatever CW is? Because we've bought 1 or more of their watches?

We don't "need to know what and why Chris has left". We might "like" to know the reasons for his departure but we don't "need" to know anymore than CW "need" to tell us.

meinberg
Junior
Junior
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:06 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: Melbourne

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by meinberg » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:19 pm

paw3001 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:57 pm
Transparency seems to have been lost. I know I would not be happy being ousted from the Company that used my name!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW is a private company and as such they don't owe anyone an explanation, Chris might have other things he wants to do, we have no idea nor a right to know.

We have a choice, we buy their watches or not. The CW of the future might be even better, especially, In my opinion, if they revive the C5 Aviator Mk2 :D
Oris, CW, Tag and a few others.

User avatar
paw3001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
Location: Berlin - Brexit Refugee!

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by paw3001 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:47 pm

Wow touched a nerve guys! Calm yourselves!

I was commenting on Mike France’s article about the importance of transparency and stating that there was very little transparency about Chris’s leaving. I even said we don’t need to know specifics just a bit more that the information that he is leaving?

Whilst they don’t need to tell us, we have been integral in helping build up their internet watch business and developing a loyalty to the business and to Chris especially when so many of us have met him. I am not demanding or expecting this but I would like it!

Indeed your responses remind me why I post so little here nowadays because your sensitivities are just so fragile! People can have different opinions to yours and it’s OK you know!

Chill!
Watches - Too many but not enough!

meinberg
Junior
Junior
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:06 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: Melbourne

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by meinberg » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:14 pm

paw3001 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:47 pm
Wow touched a nerve guys! Calm yourselves!

I was commenting on Mike France’s article about the importance of transparency and stating that there was very little transparency about Chris’s leaving. I even said we don’t need to know specifics just a bit more that the information that he is leaving?

Whilst they don’t need to tell us, we have been integral in helping build up their internet watch business and developing a loyalty to the business and to Chris especially when so many of us have met him. I am not demanding or expecting this but I would like it!

Indeed your responses remind me why I post so little here nowadays because your sensitivities are just so fragile! People can have different opinions to yours and it’s OK you know!

Chill!
Sorry you have taken offence, personally I thought your post was a bit presumptive given CW is a private company, you did say:

''We need to know what and why Chris has left''

Why did CW leave? no idea, it might be as simple as he wants to do something else!

As to fragile sensitivities, that's best left to politicians and royalty, the important thing to me is that the brand continues to grow and evolve.
Oris, CW, Tag and a few others.

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2422
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by Mikkei4 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:32 pm

paw3001 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:47 pm
Wow touched a nerve guys! Calm yourselves!

I was commenting on Mike France’s article about the importance of transparency and stating that there was very little transparency about Chris’s leaving. I even said we don’t need to know specifics just a bit more that the information that he is leaving?

Whilst they don’t need to tell us, we have been integral in helping build up their internet watch business and developing a loyalty to the business and to Chris especially when so many of us have met him. I am not demanding or expecting this but I would like it!

Indeed your responses remind me why I post so little here nowadays because your sensitivities are just so fragile! People can have different opinions to yours and it’s OK you know!

Chill!
Maybe the (over)use of several ! ! ! added weight to your expression of "need" - and you're still doing it telling us to chill and stating that a nerve was touched. I don't need you or anybody else to tell me to "Chill!"

If you meant you would have "liked" more details then you should have written that and not written "need".

As you say people have different opinions and we had a different opinion to you, expressed it and it seems you didn't like that. Maybe if you had written your second post's contents initially explaining the reasons instead of the demanding first post we wouldn't be having this exchange.

QPRcat
Junior
Junior
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by QPRcat » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:30 pm

I don't need you or anybody else to tell me to "Chill!"

Maybe, just maybe Paw has a point!! 😂

Chill out dude, it’s only about watches! 🤓

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2422
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by Mikkei4 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:57 am

QPRcat wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:30 pm
I don't need you or anybody else to tell me to "Chill!"

Maybe, just maybe Paw has a point!! 😂

Chill out dude, it’s only about watches! 🤓
:schlafen:

Intelligent use of exclamation marks yet again.

User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21090
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-six: Yes
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:15 am

^^^Please carry on your "discussion" (for want of a better word) via PM or not at all.

Thank you, gentlemen.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage


@Avo238

User avatar
paw3001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
Location: Berlin - Brexit Refugee!

A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by paw3001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:07 am

And the boot of the moderators come down hard...onto nothing.

Chill yourselves Mods!

Oh and here are a few more exclamation marks for Mikkei4 as they seem to like them!!!!
Watches - Too many but not enough!

User avatar
paw3001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
Location: Berlin - Brexit Refugee!

A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by paw3001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:13 am

Kip wrote:There has been no official press release. The only notice is the statement in my original post that was offered to me for posting on this forum.
Kip - No offence but as you are so close to the company, I think we can assume that you are pretty much as near to an official mouth piece for the company as you can get as a non-employee. Therefore, information you share can be assumed to be direct from the company.

Whether it’s was an official press release or not the information shared has generated more questions than it has answered!

I, for one, am sad that Chris has left for whatever reason. It is was his direct contact and personality that drove my engagement with the company. With him leaving the brand has been diminished in my eyes and is becoming another faceless corporate brand or good or ill!
Watches - Too many but not enough!

User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21090
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-six: Yes
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:44 am

I must say, Paul, you have an interesting ideas of "hard". That was a polite and friendly request.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage


@Avo238

User avatar
paw3001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
Location: Berlin - Brexit Refugee!

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by paw3001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 am

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:I must say, Paul, you have an interesting ideas of "hard". That was a polite and friendly request.
And totally not required. It had no need for your intervention.

The comments were reasonable, they were not abusive or rude. There was no name calling! It was a few comments from adults with different views. In fact I wasn’t even planning on continuing the discussion until you commented on the thread.

Therefore, I could ask you, what was the reason for your intervention apart from appearing to try and close down discussion around the company?
Watches - Too many but not enough!

Wolfman53
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:12 pm

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by Wolfman53 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:31 am

I must admit that I find it a little strange that there is no reference to Chris's departure in the latest edition of Loupe.
Maybe it went to print before?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21090
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-six: Yes
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:37 am

paw3001 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 am
Therefore, I could ask you, what was the reason for your intervention apart from appearing to try and close down discussion around the company?
Certainly. I was referring to the posts immediately before mine, which were not about the company. Whether you agree or not, which you seem not to, I was not attempting to close down discussion about the company; rather, to get it back on track.

That's all.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage


@Avo238

Post Reply