London Calling. CW's new advertising campaign

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
0uatiOW
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 4

Re: London Calling. CW's new advertising campaigns

Post by 0uatiOW » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:49 pm

I’m an occasional visitor to London and I find myself reading the posters opposite the tube platforms. If that’s what a cross-track poster is, the I think they offer a good position because you are more or less captive. I’ve made my feelings known on the posters themselves but the right content would hook me and I would read the whole thing. Marketing is as much about brand awareness as it is about advertising a specific product, and even if I don’t rush out to find the product itself, I would / could remember it later and make a purchase based on a positive recollection. I see it as the punter makes a mental note of some nice watches, remembers a name or a picture and when he or she is in the market would be positively predisposed towards the brand.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 8
LE-six: Yes

Re: London Calling. CW's new advertising campaign

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:05 am

I’m on a trip to London today so will look out at Liverpool Street and in the Tube.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by NotEnoughWrists » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm

So will Christopher Ward be banned from the forum for dodgy comments on someones hands? :escape:

Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:48 pm

NotEnoughWrists wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm
So will Christopher Ward be banned from the forum for dodgy comments on someones hands? :escape:
I don’t think the Admin Team has much control over what Christopher Ward posts on the tube :lol: ...

And the sign said “The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.”

Seriously, I am conscious of being slightly impervious myself to adverts in general, but I wonder how much the average London commuter notices. Whether walking around the concourse, standing on the platform or inside the train, 90% seem to be plugged permanently into some machine that commands their attention to such an extent that at least half a dozen such individuals walked into me today.

O Tempora, O Mores! :thumbdown:
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

sproughton
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by sproughton » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:21 pm

^^^As an average London commuter, I read / notice all adverts on the tube, whether they're platform opposite or on the escalators. It's a way of distracting myself from the utterly terrible people that I share my commute with :lol:

However, I can guarantee you that the second I step on the train, or step off the escalator I've completely forgotten every single one of them.

r-macus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by r-macus » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:48 pm

sproughton wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:21 pm
^^^As an average London commuter, I read / notice all adverts on the tube, whether they're platform opposite or on the escalators. It's a way of distracting myself from the utterly terrible people that I share my commute with :lol:

However, I can guarantee you that the second I step on the train, or step off the escalator I've completely forgotten every single one of them.
Hmm, it depends if your sharing a carriage with rachel riley or not.
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301 

golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:48 pm
NotEnoughWrists wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm
I don’t think the Admin Team has much control over what Christopher Ward posts on the tube :lol: ...

And the sign said “The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.”

Seriously, I am conscious of being slightly impervious myself to adverts in general, but I wonder how much the average London commuter notices. Whether walking around the concourse, standing on the platform or inside the train, 90% seem to be plugged permanently into some machine that commands their attention to such an extent that at least half a dozen such individuals walked into me today.

O Tempora, O Mores! :thumbdown:
If it didn’t work I doubt all the companies would spend millions every year doing it.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Seiko SRPB43J1, C60 Trident, Casio G Shock 2327, Garmin Vivoactive

Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:14 pm

^^^I suspect you are absolutely right.

And I know from having talked with Mike, Chris and Helen last week: they have certainly “done their research.”

My comment was about the people who I suspect look to their devices to help them through the daily grind of the commute. Thank goodness I only do it occasionally.
Steve
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

joegrundy
Junior
Junior

Post by joegrundy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:51 pm

I noticed CW adverts on the big digital screens at both Kings Cross and Liverpool St. I thought CW's original positioning was that they kept the prices of their watches down by not doing mass advertising like the traditional brands?

kyoto
Junior
Junior

Post by kyoto » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:15 pm

I like the ad.

Baco Noir
Senior
Senior

London Calling. CW's new advertising campaign

Post by Baco Noir » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:20 pm

The video ad seems to be saying can you get over the lower price tag and lack of a posh name like Rolex to buy one of our watches which are good quality. Not a message that works for me.

The print ads with small hands and dull watch are great!