News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Chat with Chris 2016

Post by Tyke »

Kip wrote:
Tyke wrote:I think it is commendable that they have decided to agree to this in light of the recent postings on here - I note that from CW it will be Mike & Chris in attendance, will the Hello people be joining in?
Just Mike and Chris.
That's a shame, I'm sure forum members would have been interested to hear how Hello thought the rebranding had gone.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Tyke wrote:
Kip wrote:
Tyke wrote:I think it is commendable that they have decided to agree to this in light of the recent postings on here - I note that from CW it will be Mike & Chris in attendance, will the Hello people be joining in?
Just Mike and Chris.
That's a shame, I'm sure forum members would have been interested to hear how Hello thought the rebranding had gone.
Its 'Chat with Chris' not with Uncle Tom Cobbly and all.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Tyke wrote:
Kip wrote: Just Mike and Chris.
Its 'Chat with Chris' not with Uncle Tom Cobbly and all.

Guy

Agree.

The only two people who really matter are Mike and Chris going forwards.

The re-brand is done and dusted. It is what it is, and we need to move forwards. This will be the first step in that.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Its 'Chat with Chris' not with Uncle Tom Cobbly and all.

Guy

Yup, far too dangerous to risk letting Mr edgy and disruptive anywhere near the conversation :lol:
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Chat with Chris 2016

Post by paw3001 »

I don't agree that we need Hello. They were the agency chosen by the CW team and not the decision makers. Therefore it makes little sense to have them join the chat.

At the end of the day they are a third party agency who no doubt worked on a number of different design options. They did not decide on the design taken forward!
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Tyke wrote:

Guy

Yup, far too dangerous to risk letting Mr edgy and disruptive anywhere near the conversation :lol:
Give it a rest and 'put a sock in it'. :silent:

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Tyke wrote:

Guy

Give it a rest and 'put a sock in it'. :silent:

Guy

:stick2: :wink:
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Shame Hello and Uncle Tom are not going to join as they will prob know more then Chris will. Recently he's just a name in dodgy font positioned stupidly on a watch face
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by smegwina »

Can we please both accept and be grateful that it will be Mike and Chris and leave it at that.

To me it says volumes that despite all the spite and vitriol levelled at them over the past few weeks (I am also guilty of that), - they still have the decency and cojones to speak directly to us.

If however we turn this thread into a playground p155ing contest, the chances are that they will turn round and tell us to sod off.

I for one welcome the fact that two of the major shareholders are prepared to give their time and effort in getting involved.

Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Galton321 »

I hope we are not going to treat the chat as some sort of parliamentary enquiry. What has happened happened. Can we move on and find out what the company are planning and respond to their answers?
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

I agree with smeggers. I just think some people need winding up
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

If you all look back at the OP from kip, this IS a chat specifically 'regarding the recent rebranding and website upgrade' not about anything else, so it 's not a brush it under the carpet chat, more of a clear the air discussion so we can move on to the secondary aspect of discussing future watches. Apologies to all who just want the problems to magically go away, but unless you address them they will continue to fester like an open wound.

Discuss the problems, learn the lessons, THEN move on.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by smegwina »

Tyke wrote:If you all look back at the OP from kip, this IS a chat specifically 'regarding the recent rebranding and website upgrade' not about anything else, so it 's not a brush it under the carpet chat, more of a clear the air discussion so we can move on to the secondary aspect of discussing future watches. Apologies to all who just want the problems to magically go away, but unless you address them they will continue to fester like an open wound.

You are chatting with the guys who signed off on the changes! What more do you want?

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

smegwina wrote:Can we please both accept and be grateful that it will be Mike and Chris and leave it at that.

To me it says volumes that despite all the spite and vitriol levelled at them over the past few weeks (I am also guilty of that), - they still have the decency and cojones to speak directly to us.

If however we turn this thread into a playground p155ing contest, the chances are that they will turn round and tell us to sod off.

I for one welcome the fact that two of the major shareholders are prepared to give their time and effort in getting involved.

Agreed, although it would appear to be only one of the three major shareholders; I.e. Mike.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

smegwina wrote:
Tyke wrote:If you all look back at the OP from kip, this IS a chat specifically 'regarding the recent rebranding and website upgrade' not about anything else, so it 's not a brush it under the carpet chat, more of a clear the air discussion so we can move on to the secondary aspect of discussing future watches. Apologies to all who just want the problems to magically go away, but unless you address them they will continue to fester like an open wound.

You are chatting with the guys who signed off on the changes! What more do you want?

Nothing more, as long as the elephant in the room isn't ignored and they get the opportunity to deal with it rather than just move on to prettier discussions about new models as some people seem keen to do. If they don't review and deal with the issues from the rebrand and website upgrade', they will make the same mistakes again next time.