LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

USA Showroom Now Closed

Post by Kip »

I must state that the past couple years of my life have been quite exciting. First the purchase of the Forum by CWL, then the announcement that I was to be a Grandfather in the spring. My impending retirement in the fall followed by the announcement of the USA showroom to be opened. My life has been full of surprises. Follow this up with the announcement of a second grandchild on the way and things just look almost perfect.

On Oct 23rd 2014 I announced to you that I was entering into a venture with CWL to operate the USA showroom. We opened on Dec. 8 of 2014. The initial reception showed a lot of promise as we headed into 2015. Existing and potential customers were thrilled to have a USA contact and a place to come view CWL watches. Although the showroom business continued to move forward we noticed that many would contact me and still buy from the website. They were not coming to the showroom to make that buying decision.

People have always been able to contact me about CWL and still can, but this has led us to review how much of a necessity the showroom is. After discussions and review, we have reached a decision to close the USA showroom, effective immediately. For the business and our customers this is the right decision.

I will still be available for the forum, available to the Call Center and available for questions. On a personal level, I am sad to no longer have the showroom, however I understand its absolutely the right decision for CWL at this time and we will still have full web availability. You, of course, still have the 60/60 to try out watches.

Many thanks to all who have supported the USA showroom. Please feel free to contact me via the forum.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes

Re: USA Showroom Now Closed

Post by scooter »

More often than not the hardest decisions to make are the best ones.

Well done Kip for your dedication to CW. The retail outlet most certainly gave you an experience that you will not forget.

I hear the Family calling you now.

Best

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Christopher Ward
CW-watches: 0

Post by Christopher Ward »

I don't normally post directly on this forum, in fact I think this may be a first. Having said that there is no better way for me to express my gratitude, and the gratitude of Mike, Peter and the rest of the wider team to Kip for the great work he has done for us not only in Nashua but also in many other areas of the business including help with the call centre and of course here on the Forum. To that end we are so pleased that Kip has agreed to carry on with the Forum and continue working with us as we enter what will be a very exciting period for Christopher Ward.

I hope to see you, Kip, in the near future but until then we all raise a glass to you Sir, a gentleman and forever an ambassador of CW

All the best
Chris
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Korkki »

^^ Speedposter! 8)
NO PARKING
This space is reserved
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nigelb001 »

I'll raise a glass to Kip too! Sorry that the showroom didn't work out but your work is still invaluable to many forumites. There is always room for someone with immense knowledge of CWL watches.

What are you drinking by the way? :D
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

USA Showroom Now Closed

Post by gaf1958 »

I hope the change is not too unsettling Kip and works out well for you in the long run. Hopefully it'll be a case of the change turning out to be the best move you could have made, unplanned or otherwise.

As far as the forum is concerned, I'm pleased to hear you'll be staying on in your role here, we'd miss that more than the closure of the Nashua showroom!
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tempusmaximus »

Korkki wrote: Speedposter
:lol: :lol: :clap:
scooter wrote:More often than not the hardest decisions to make are the best ones.Well done Kip for your dedication to CW. The retail outlet most certainly gave you an experience that you will not forget.

Very well put Scooter , i agree entirely . :)
Bernie
christam
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by christam »

I'm sure all of us, no matter where we're based, are pleased you will still be active within the forum Kip. Enjoy those grandchildren with the extra time (?!) you'll have available :D
I am not a collector of watches. I used to be able to say that and know I was telling the truth.
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes

Post by st-rider »

Korkki wrote:^^ Speedposter! 8)
Going to take ages to unlock the sales corner. Oh wait! :lol: ;)

On topic Kip I am sure the future holds lots of new and interesting stuff. Looking forward to you continuing with the forum. Your knowledge and experience is valued.
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Sent from my IRON using Tapatalk
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Hicksmat »

Christopher Ward wrote:I don't normally post directly on this forum, in fact I think this may be a first. Having said that there is no better way for me to express my gratitude, and the gratitude of Mike, Peter and the rest of the wider team to Kip for the great work he has done for us not only in Nashua but also in many other areas of the business including help with the call centre and of course here on the Forum. To that end we are so pleased that Kip has agreed to carry on with the Forum and continue working with us as we enter what will be a very exciting period for Christopher Ward.

I hope to see you, Kip, in the near future but until then we all raise a glass to you Sir, a gentleman and forever an ambassador of CW

All the best
Chris
Do we read anything into the forum situation? Cheers Chris. Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nigelb001 »

Hicksmat wrote: Do we read anything into the forum situation? Cheers Chris. Matt.
Uum do we? What are you reading?
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

More time to spend with those Grand kids Kip. :thumbup:

I'm certain all your efforts on behalf of CWL and it's US customer base are appreciated. :clap:

I guess it also means that the forum is that wee bit more "independent" again? :silent:
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

How are you going to sneak all those "extra" watches back in to your house?? :thumbup: :D :silent:
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I don't see the US showroom as a failure more of an accomplishment actually.
It has helped bring CW to a big audience in the US and Kip as always, has been the ultimate ambassador of the brand, being ever so helpful to everyone he meets.
Well done Kip ! You should be very proud of what you have achieved so far and what you will do in years to come.
I Thank you for all you sir.
Enjoy that second grandchild.