LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Forum Comes Home

Post by Kip »

January 29,2014

The CWL website has been changed today. As part of the change you will note the announcement of the new Spring 2014 magazine. Click on the magazine to see some terrific articles and a few announcements.

Of particular note is an announcement on page 7 that you may find interesting called
the "Forum Comes Home".

Over the next week or so a formal announcement will be made as to how and why this has come about. I should be able to answer any questions at that time.

The forum will continue to operate independently of CWL and continue to allow all comments, negative or positive regarding the brand. The CWF has been, and will continue to be, a sounding board for CWL.

You may see some subtle changes and additions over time as we are anticipating some upgrades and much needed reorganization with the help of Mark Bennett at CWL.

Please bear with us as we move through the changeover.

Thank You
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Forum Comes Home

Post by scooter »

Kip wrote:The forum will continue to operate independently of CWL and continue to allow all comments, negative or positive regarding the brand. The CWF has been, and will continue to be, a sounding board for CWL. Thank You
Thank you Hans and Kip.

It's great to see that the Forum will continueto operate independently of CWL and that ALL views can be expressed here.

I don't want to belong to a Forum that says everything is great, lovely and gorgeous. It wouldn't be doing Chris and his Team any favours either.

Just because I have negative comments to make sometimes doesn't mean that I am not a fan of CW, just honest.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Cirrus »

I guess that we are all now the marketing department of CWL? Staff discount anyone..?

:)
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Hicksmat »

interesting times!
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Interesting move. I wonder should there be a formal regular assurance check to ensure independence remains as time goes by? It's easy to keep independent in the short term because that's what we are used to. But longer term, as memories of Hans' ownership fades and as the membership changes, it may be more difficult. Just a thought!
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

I know there is a liking for magazine pin ups and there's no exception in the new edition of the CWL Magazine. Take a look at page 11. :clap:
Fnew
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Fnew »

I have a feeling that this is going to be interesting. Can't wait to see how this all develops.
Fred

C60 COSC, Orient Mako XL, Raymond Weil Traditions Auto, Daniel JeanRichard Grand TV, Vintage Omega Seamaster, Baume & Mercier Riveria Auto, Citizen Eco Drive, 121 Time Custom Chrono, Invicta Speedway, vintage Seiko Business A, the one I built
Macca

Post by Macca »

Fantastic to hear freedom of speech has been preserved, why would a forum ever become anything other than independent of a brand, one of the best tools at CWL's disposal, I am with cirrus, staff discount anyone?
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

Macca wrote:Fantastic to hear freedom of speech has been preserved, why would a forum ever become anything other than independent of a brand, one of the best tools at CWL's disposal, I am with cirrus, staff discount anyone?
With the forum continuing to operate independently of CWL, how do we then qualify for a staff discount? :?
Fnew
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Fnew »

Berkshire wrote:
Macca wrote:Fantastic to hear freedom of speech has been preserved, why would a forum ever become anything other than independent of a brand, one of the best tools at CWL's disposal, I am with cirrus, staff discount anyone?
With the forum continuing to operate independently of CWL, how do we then qualify for a staff discount? :?
We say pretty please? :lol:
Fred

C60 COSC, Orient Mako XL, Raymond Weil Traditions Auto, Daniel JeanRichard Grand TV, Vintage Omega Seamaster, Baume & Mercier Riveria Auto, Citizen Eco Drive, 121 Time Custom Chrono, Invicta Speedway, vintage Seiko Business A, the one I built
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

Fnew wrote:
Berkshire wrote:
We say pretty please? :lol:
Wishful thinking. :lol:
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Interesting development !!
Looking forward to hearing and seeing more soon.
Thank you Kip & Hans.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Interesting, looking forward to further developments ...
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

Berkshire wrote:I know there is a liking for magazine pin ups and there's no exception in the new edition of the CWL Magazine. Take a look at page 11. :clap:
Erm, page 11 had a black and white image of John Harrison. Page 19 had what I would call a pin-up in Cindy Crawford, albeit the image was too small to be a real pin-up. Maybe you are taking this horology thing a little too seriously? :lol:

I look forward to seeing how the changeover pans out and a quick scan through the online version of the magazine shows things continue to go from strength to strength for CWL. Good to see the new additions to the Trident range although neither the green or the red are for me. The one that did grab me, unexpectedly, is the big day-date C9. It looks lovely on the screen.
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

jmarchitect wrote:
Berkshire wrote:Maybe you are taking this horology thing a little too seriously? :lol:
It's not the first time that this has been noticed. :lol: