CWL 2009 plans

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
wizziethewiz
Junior
Junior

Re: CWL 2009 plans

Post by wizziethewiz »

Yes when we receive watches back here at CWL for repair, we often get them in all sorts of packaging, from loose in a paper envelope to metal boxes, or stuffed inside toilet rolls and what ever else you may think of....

We prefer watches to be shipped in boxes, and well padded, to avoid any un-necessary bumps in transit...

What we found is that the postmen tend to NOT throw boxes around, as they would with envelopes and jiffy bags....so we came to the conclusion it was easiest for internal despatch methods, and presentation / customer service that we ship each and every watch out in a presentation box.

Interesting comments though, and they will be up for discussion internally....as some of the points raised are very valid.

Wera
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Yoda »

Doesn't this girl ever sleep?
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Yoda wrote:Doesn't this girl ever sleep?
I don't think so!

Rob :)
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
flyskate
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by flyskate »

Hello all, New CW owner here! I bought the C8 pilot, and love it... Really a great timepiece. Here's my wish list.... First, I love the C5 aviator, however, it is way too small for me, at the minimum it should be 40mm and actually 43mm would be ideal, also, the C7 is stunning, i would buy it in a minute, if it had an automatic movement. In the meantime, the c15 Henley auto is next on my list, good size for a tank........
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Welcome to the "Asylum" flyskate.

I have a feeling if you hang in there you might get your wish this year on a 40mm C5.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
andyfry
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by andyfry »

I have already posted elsewhere that I would love to see an auto dive watch so will not say that again (oops already have but please bear with me).

Elsewhere I would love to see an auto C1 Russell - reminiscent of the old 28.10 Omega bumpers

I'd also love to see an auto chronographer - maybe as a tribute to the Speedmasters but more importantly maybe in recognition of the UK's contribution to the Space Race with an "Arthur C" (Clarke) special, yes the 2001 - A Space Odyessy writer but also (and more importantly) the originator of the concept of telecommunication satellites as early as 1945 in a paper in Wireless Word 20 years ahead of the game (for the nerds and geeks see: http://lakdiva.org/clarke/1945ww/ ) (Yes I am a science geek) 8)

And finally as a frequent international traveller I would love to see either a dual time zone or GMT offering - again automatic is possible.

I guess by know you will have guessed that I love automatics - quartz movements (no matter how good) just don't do it for me which is a shame else I'd leap at the C3 and C13.

Andy
Proud owner of a C8 - IPK "Black Hawk" (#90), a C5 - AKK (#747) - with black date wheel, a C40 - SKS (#281) and now a 2009 LE C20 (#62)