Chat with Chris 2013

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Chat with Chris 2013

Post by Tooks »

Thanks for the transcript/summary Ian, very good of you!

I can see the Typhoon being my next CW, and I like the look of the Regulator too.

Looking forward to the release dates.
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
Harry032
Junior
Junior

Post by Harry032 »

great! will read thru this afternoon. thanks
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

Thanks for the transcript Ian.
HendrixGreen
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by HendrixGreen »

Shame I missed the really thing, but delighted to have the chance to read through now. Thank you!!

Sent using Tapatalk
Hendrix Green
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Saffy wrote:Would have thought there would have been more order to the chat, mute all noise so the C.W could answer without ppl jibber jabbering and blurting out questions all over during a multiline response. I suppose it translates to an enthusiastic audience but did read a gash at points :oops:

So we learned that CWL hands and dials cases are made in China, or was that common knowledge?
I hope that every year but people seem to want to have their say even though they have the forum all year and we only get Chris for 1 hour each year. There were times I wanted to say Shut Up and let him talk. After all that was why Kip gathered the questions in advanced to make it more structured. Fair enough when he asked for responses.

And yes. Most basic parts are made in China. And that applies to a number of Swiss Made watch manufacturers and not just CWL. How many steel mills have you seen in Switzerland?
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

ianblyth wrote:
Saffy wrote:Would have thought there would have been more order to the chat, mute all noise so the C.W could answer without ppl jibber jabbering and blurting out questions all over during a multiline response. I suppose it translates to an enthusiastic audience but did read a gash at points :oops:

So we learned that CWL hands and dials cases are made in China, or was that common knowledge?
I hope that every year but people seem to want to have their say even though they have the forum all year and we only get Chris for 1 hour each year. There were times I wanted to say Shut Up and let him talk. After all that was why Kip gathered the questions in advanced to make it more structured. Fair enough when he asked for responses.

And yes. Most basic parts are made in China. And that applies to a number of Swiss Made watch manufacturers and not just CWL. How many steel mills have you seen in Switzerland?
I've not seen many personally, but there are quite a number!

http://www.maceuro.com/Switzerland/prod ... teel+Mills
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

ianblyth wrote: There were times I wanted to say Shut Up and let him talk.
Same here - especially when the questions were random and bore no relation to what Chris was actually trying to tell us.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
bradjhomes
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by bradjhomes »

Agree to an extent, but on the other hand...what's the point in having a live chat if people aren't allowed to contribute. It may as well be Chris and Kip talking offline and then giving the rest of us the transcript afterwards.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

bradjhomes wrote:Agree to an extent, but on the other hand...what's the point in having a live chat if people aren't allowed to contribute. It may as well be Chris and Kip talking offline and then giving the rest of us the transcript afterwards.
True but if the 40 or so people just asked 3 questions each that is 120 questions in 1 hour. That would be chaos. And Chris has always aid he is happy to get e-mails straight to him. As long as you don't mind a wait as he is busy. I think there is a balance to be struck in the chat.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Saffy
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Saffy »

bradjhomes wrote:Agree to an extent, but on the other hand...what's the point in having a live chat if people aren't allowed to contribute. It may as well be Chris and Kip talking offline and then giving the rest of us the transcript afterwards.
Mute off - A round of questions - mute on a round of answers - unmute for responses / free chat.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I've now read the transcript.

Wow. Very nice, even if most are too big for me. I'm guessing there will be lower priced additions to the catalogue, but they will likely be variations on existing models.

The C61 is the only one I can look forward to, for myself. Still not sure if I should get a metal bracelet (esp if it has polished centre links) or just the leather strap. After all I already have my Red FLE on a bracelet.

Also, am not keen on having to struggle to remove the bracelet every time I want to switch to leather.

I might hold off on the bracelet until it is available (fingers crossed!) with the new clasp.

Hopefully the slimline handwound C5 actually materialises. Looking forward to either Roman or Arabic markers on this one, to differentiate it from the auto/quartz C5.

As for ladies' watches, I think the best way for CW to go is to have 36 to 38mm-sized watches that have unisex appeal, like the C61. And the slimline handwound C5.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

asqwerth wrote:I've now read the transcript.

Wow. Very nice, even if most are too big for me. I'm guessing there will be lower priced additions to the catalogue, but they will likely be variations on existing models.

The C61 is the only one I can look forward to, for myself. Still not sure if I should get a metal bracelet (esp if it has polished centre links) or just the leather strap. After all I already have my Red FLE on a bracelet.

Also, am not keen on having to struggle to remove the bracelet every time I want to switch to leather.

I might hold off on the bracelet until it is available (fingers crossed!) with the new clasp.

Hopefully the slimline handwound C5 actually materialises. Looking forward to either Roman or Arabic markers on this one, to differentiate it from the auto/quartz C5.

As for ladies' watches, I think the best way for CW to go is to have 36 to 38mm-sized watches that have unisex appeal, like the C61. And the slimline handwound C5.
You might be right that a good portion of the ladies line could be converted to unisex in the future. The possibility of the slimline can really open that door.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

C61 getting bought for at least two ladies I know. World timer for me. Nice.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

The slimline handwound C5 was the biggest surprise of the night for me. And a very pleasant surprise too. If they really go for the unisex 36-38mm range that could be very successful for them. :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
sadgit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by sadgit »

Well I have a C61, in orange (no 77 thank Wera, for getting that sorted) on order, was B'day gift for wife now looking like Xmas gift :shock:

Of the new models only the C800 appeals to me. From the pics the World Timer is too cluttered and not sure about the Typhoon, will await photos before I decide.

But thats the great thing about CW, lots of different styles to suit all tastes :thumbup:

Added bonus as I have spent far to much this year already :D
CW owned to date, C9 Jumping Hand Mk2 (now here-WOW) C900 (my new love) 2011 FLE (my old love) C60 trident x2 (Black & Orange) C50 COSC (eve out) C3 Chrono (now sons) Victoria Deco (better half)