LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: New Brochures

Post by Kip »

Thanks Doctor...good idea.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
m500dpp
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by m500dpp »

mine arrived today.

Sorry wont be any CW watches on my shopping list :

C8 Pilot - too big for my wrists, have a 39 mm Archimede Pilot
Henley - spoilt from original concept, too big for me and details not as good as originally planned. The rose gold/black face is also a bit pricey at £280
Henley Chrono - see above
C7 tempted but the hands on the small dials are a bit clunky for my taste
C1 rose gold - tempting but I have a steel C1
Lido, nice but non descript
W7 possible just because its available in pink!

I wish Chris every success, but sorry my watch money will most likely go the way of Seiko, I am so disappointed in the Henley, that would have been a dead cert based on the original drawings. I may email Chris and see if he will put a black face on a rose gold Malvern - that would tempt me as a dress watch.....
MorrisOx
Guru
Guru

Post by MorrisOx »

m500,

if you seriously think your money will go the way of Seiko rather than CW you're missing the point, methinks.

Seiko is a big, well-run business that churns out an awful lot of mid-market bling on the cheap. Nice margins, average watches, and the most 'honest' Seiko is probably a Lorus.

CW is a clever model, too, and there is an inevitability about it having to move upwards to keep our dear friends in Switzerland on side.

Until, then, I'll reflect on the fact that the brochure I have in my hand tonight, and the C8 I'm expecting in a couple of weeks or so, are something a Seiko simply can't do.
C5 Malvern Aviator LE
C8 Pilot Mk1 004
C3 Malvern Chrono
C4 Peregrine 'Phoenix'
Eterna Airforce
Steinhart Nav B Chrono II
Steinhart Ocean One GMT
Bulova Moonwatch
Marloe Coniston Bluebird
Steinhart Nav B-Uhr
Longines Master Chrono Moonphase
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by President »

Welcome!
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:D
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by Rick »

Daz wrote:.....and it's a welcome from me MorrisOx.
And a welcome from him :lol:
C5AKS - C7 Rapide - C4IPK - C6T3 - C6 Forum LE - W6 Splash - C8SWT - C70 DBR1
Breitling Hercules - Omega SMP - Boschett Cave Dweller - Seiko Monster - Porsche Design P'6310
Tissot Sea Touch - Oris Pro Diver - Dreyfuss 1925 - Tissot V8 - Deep Blue Pro Sun
m500dpp
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by m500dpp »

Nice margins, average watches,
well ok my titanium Seiko is faultless after 5 years so yeah mid market bling but it works!

IMHO CW has missed the extra detail that would make me pay the premium for the Henley etc so lets agree to differ. My C1 is really special (quartz so what?) but the new range arn't special for me at least, lets see what others have to say....

Regards

Dave
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Welcome to the "Asylum" MorrisOx...your meds and room await! By the way I have a special running on an IV through the weekend. :-$
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MorrisOx
Guru
Guru

Post by MorrisOx »

Rude of me not to resond to the felicitations last night, but I'm afraid I was already heading for dreamland by the time Mr Kip started dropping strange hints about dark practices.

So ta for the welcome and here's to earlier-than-expected C8s.

For the record:

1954 Rotary Supersports
1958 Trebex mechanical
2003 Eterna Airforce
2003 Maurice Lacroix quartz chrono
2004 Panerai Luminor Regatta
2004 Lorus Sports
2004 Sekonda XS quartz chrono
2007 Paul Smith PS10
2007 Simon Carter quartz chrono
2007 Nautica PVD rose gold 46mm quartz chrono
2008? Only Christopher Ward knows the answer to that one...
C5 Malvern Aviator LE
C8 Pilot Mk1 004
C3 Malvern Chrono
C4 Peregrine 'Phoenix'
Eterna Airforce
Steinhart Nav B Chrono II
Steinhart Ocean One GMT
Bulova Moonwatch
Marloe Coniston Bluebird
Steinhart Nav B-Uhr
Longines Master Chrono Moonphase
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes

Post by Lamps »

I wonder if the sneak previews have shot themselves in the foot. A fair number of folk have made comments about how the original designs were better, and in the case of the C13/C15 I’d probably agree, I guess if you see an early pre-production model and really like it, then it gets changed a bit you are going to be disappointed. From what I remember the C8 hasn't change a great deal and I don’t remember reading any posts saying they won't be getting one, but a number of other models have been criticised. I know when the sneak previews came out everyone including myself was pawing over the details, but when the time of release came, there has been a ever so slight, general, air of disappointment from a good number of people, so I ask the question, would it have been better if CWL had kept the designs from us, until they where finalised?
officerdibble

Post by officerdibble »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:I wonder if the sneak previews have shot themselves in the foot. A fair number of folk have made comments about how the original designs were better, and in the case of the C13/C15 I’d probably agree, I guess if you see an early pre-production model and really like it, then it gets changed a bit you are going to be disappointed. From what I remember the C8 hasn't change a great deal and I don’t remember reading any posts saying they won't be getting one, but a number of other models have been criticised. I know when the sneak previews came out everyone including myself was pawing over the details, but when the time of release came, there has been a ever so slight, general, air of disappointment from a good number of people, so I ask the question, would it have been better if CWL had kept the designs from us, until they where finalised?
For my part the sneak previews kept my interest in the brand high after a friend (Monkey) recommended CW to me. Whilst I was initially concerned by the change to the design I'm still here, have still ordered a C13 and so the change, and the debate about it, weren't enough to put me off. I can't be certain, but I suspect that if I hadn't seen those new designs I may well have drifted off and bought something elsewhere.

To your point, however, I do think that priming people with such a realistic image is very risky if you then go on to change anything; pschologically speaking, people attach most importance to what they see first.
flashman
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by flashman »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:I wonder if the sneak previews have shot themselves in the foot. A fair number of folk have made comments about how the original designs were better, and in the case of the C13/C15 I’d probably agree, I guess if you see an early pre-production model and really like it, then it gets changed a bit you are going to be disappointed. From what I remember the C8 hasn't change a great deal and I don’t remember reading any posts saying they won't be getting one, but a number of other models have been criticised. I know when the sneak previews came out everyone including myself was pawing over the details, but when the time of release came, there has been a ever so slight, general, air of disappointment from a good number of people, so I ask the question, would it have been better if CWL had kept the designs from us, until they where finalised?
I think you're spot on lamppo. The risk with the sneak previews is that they look better than the finished product. I actually thought that when the pre prodction/concept drawings of the C6 were posted not long ago; I know many disagree, but I thought the early C6 drawings looked a lot better. It's something that Chris may have to think about in the futre, I'm guessing.
pyrrhusmj
CW-watches: 3

Post by pyrrhusmj »

Just like with Cars, the prototypes are always way cooler........ Too bad business and technology constraints make changes to the end product.

Michael