LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

C2/W2 Release-date: Thursday 11th September

Post by Hans » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:21 pm

Links to all the models:
C2 Mens-line
W2 Women-line

The text from the newsletter that was sent today:

Whilst having the greatest of respect for the achievements of Rolex as a brand I can’t pretend I like the somewhat ostentatious route many of their designs follow from the eighties onwards. For me, the unadorned, deceptively simple designs exemplified by the Air King series of the late 1950’s up until the mid 1960’s, represent the best of Rolex and it is this spirit, albeit with a contemporary CW twist, that I have tried to capture with the new Swiss made C2 Lido:
and the women’s version, the W2:

The crisp engineering of the case was designed to look like it was hewn from a single block of 316L stainless steel and the surgical precision of the case lines perfectly complement the dial with its fine vertical guilloche etchings:

Both watches are available with Italian leather or premium Louisiana alligator straps but I personally favour, unusually in my case, the 316L stainless steel bracelet versions which add to the overall sculptured look as well as adding to the retro coolness which makes this one of my favourite models. I suppose I’m desperately hoping some coolness will rub off on me. Who said, “some hope?”

The 7 jewel movement, ETA’s 955.122, is our first quartz calibre from this prestigious movement manufacturer and the smaller ligne movement for the 26mm W2 case calibre 956.112, although not driving a day/date calendar like its big brother, also has an equally superb reputation.

TotalAxcess
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: C2/W2 Release-date: Thursday 11th September

Post by TotalAxcess » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:26 pm

I agree with Chris, these look better with the bracelet.
Chronologically inept since 2040
http://www.totalaxcess.blogspot.com/