scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Focus group

Post by scooter »

As far as I can remember I was contacted by a long gone hidden speedposter and asked if I wanted to join the CW Forum Inner Sanctum which met weekly for a drug fuelled drinking session.

The raison d'etre for this particular session was because the brotherhood (no women allowed obviously because they only like pretty non mechanical watches)* were holding their bi monthly Fan Boy Awards to members past and present.

I cannot recall too much as I was totally bladdered as can be seen from the photo (I'm sitting opposite the delectable Debs by the way) but some of the top awards were for:

1. Fan boy of the week - JM who finally admitted to having bought his first and only CW (secondhand) during the course of the week. His award was a C900 with 10% discount using voucher code MAG 10.

2. Forum Pain of the Week - Can't remember who got this as I throwing up in/over the Ladies at the time. I think the prize for that was a secondhand C3 (with no battery) to be personally collected from CW's only retail outlet in Wick (if collected in the next 6 hours).

Then we had a great meal, annoyed other diners by mocking the sad watches they were wearing and got ****.

That clears that up then (unlike the vomit in the Gents, cubicle 3)

* Apart from asqwerth and Carolyn who know a good watch when they see one.

Waiver - a certain poetic licence was used in the creation of this post.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Scooter!

The first rule of the CW Forum Inner Sanctum is no one talks about the CW Forum Inner Sanctum!

For punishment you will be made to wear those shockingly bad watches made by other Swiss watchmakers and banned from having anything orange for a month!
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

rcherryuk wrote:Tyke,
It started out as a GTG, but when it became apparent that a special overseas Forummite was gong to be in town at the same time as the GTG and so would be attending too that Chris suggested the change of purpose.

So if you'd signed up for the GTG you'd have been part of the Focus Group!

Thanks for the correction Rob, Kip's initial post made it sound like a purely CW driven idea as opposed to piggybacking on an already organised GTG, I must have missed that GTG thread somewhere can anyone point me in its direction?
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

I'm sitting on a train reading scooter's post and people are looking at me strangely, wondering why this bloke is sniggering to himself for no apparent reason! :lol:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

scooter wrote:
1. Fan boy of the week - JM who finally admitted to having bought his first and only CW (secondhand) during the course of the week. His award was a C900 with 10% discount using voucher code MAG 10.
I only had the C900 for a matter of days as I traded it for an armful of firewood and some magic beans. Hoping the giant in the castle at the top of the inevitable beanstalk has a spare watch that I can butcher for parts for my planned self-build. I reckon the history behind the build will be sufficient for the sale to fund my early retirement.
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by Jammy Devil »

rcherryuk wrote:So if you'd signed up for the GTG you'd have been part of the Focus Group!
I don't recall seeing an invitation in recent weeks or months on this Forum to sign up to a GTG - but that's not to say that there wasn't one. Also, if you had to sign up, why have several Forum members said they were "invited" but unable to attend.

Curious. :?
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Jammy Devil wrote:
rcherryuk wrote:So if you'd signed up for the GTG you'd have been part of the Focus Group!
I don't recall seeing an invitation in recent weeks or months on this Forum to sign up to a GTG - but that's not to say that there wasn't one. Also, if you had to sign up, why have several Forum members said they were "invited" but unable to attend.

And according to this, only experienced people must have decided to go to the forum.... err sorry, GTG
rcherryuk wrote:
Seriously though, Chris will invite other members of the forum to contribute their thoughts and experience, but at this first forum I think a bit of 'experience' was in order, I'd say that between us there must have been close to 1,500 watches worth of experience :D
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

There really must've been a LOT of spies there.
I think we can guess the SIS and CIA / NSA operatives but who was the Mossad sleeper and who the KGB/ GRU double-agents?

I hope no-one was silly enough to show up wearing their government issue Omega? Or God forbid a Raketa!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

poppydoodlesdad wrote:There really must've been a LOT of spies there.
I think we can guess the SIS and CIA / NSA operatives but who was the Mossad sleeper and who the KGB/ GRU double-agents?

I hope no-one was silly enough to show up wearing their government issue Omega? Or God forbid a Raketa!
Timex. No questions, no pack drill.

You haven't seen me. :silent:
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Jammy Devil wrote:

Ha ha you guys are cracking me up with all this "conspiracy talk"

Village put up a GTG invite/request ages ago and I mean around 6 months ago! People said yes and no, a date was set and then cancelled for one reason or another. Then as I remember it Village asked everyone who had said yes if we wanted to arrange a new date and as the location would be close to CW offices he had the idea to invite Chris along and so with luck with calendars the whole thing grew from there with the day aligning with Kip's visit and Chris bring Johannes along

I never got an "invite" from anyone but Village asking if i still wanted to meet up! Plus I didn't need to do any funny handshakes.

This was just a group of forum members who were PROACTIVE in arranging and committing to meet and got lucky.
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

paw3001 wrote: Ha ha you guys are cracking me up with all this "conspiracy talk"

Village put up a GTG invite/request ages ago and I mean around 6 months ago! People said yes and no, a date was set and then cancelled for one reason or another. Then as I remember it Village asked everyone who had said yes if we wanted to arrange a new date and as the location would be close to CW offices he had the idea to invite Chris along and so with luck with calendars the whole thing grew from there with the day aligning with Kip's visit and Chris bring Johannes along

I never got an "invite" from anyone but Village asking if i still wanted to meet up! Plus I didn't need to do any funny handshakes.

This was just a group of forum members who were PROACTIVE in arranging and committing to meet and got lucky.

Fair enough, didn't realise you had to book 6 months or more in advance and that it wasn't an official CW arrangement, meaning the original post in this thread wasn't true then.
Kip wrote:
On October 24th myself and about a dozen other forum members, who were invited by Chris, attended a late afternoon session/discussion about watches and potential marketing ideas.

All sorted :thumbup:
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by Jammy Devil »

Thanks for taking the time to explain how things happened, paw3001.
Kip wrote:Recently during some discussions with Christopher Ward, the idea of a focus group was brought up to discuss several potential items on the agenda of CWL. Chris was also looking for feedback on the C900 and a couple of yet to be introduced models. On October 24th myself and about a dozen other forum members, who were invited by Chris .......It is our hope that this type of focus group can be arranged again in the future as it was most informative and a treat for all to meet with Chris, Saint Wera, JJ , the lovely Debs as well as the other members of the CWL team.
:wave:
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

Invited, as in a venue change.
Or may be Elvis is alive on the moon with JFK, sitting in a Red double decker london bus.
Who would you like an apology from for the slight that you have suffered?
highway62

Post by highway62 »

storm meet teacup....mountain meet molehill.... :shock:
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:
poppydoodlesdad wrote:There really must've been a LOT of spies there.

Timex. No questions, no pack drill.

You haven't seen me. :silent:
Seen who?
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches