Re: Focus group

Post by scooter »

Happy now?

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
highway62

Post by highway62 »

Nobody has fallen foul of the "inner sanctum" of the forum more often than I. Really though, we are talking about a small forum relating to a relatively minor watch manufacturer.... perspective.
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-three: yes

Post by Jammy Devil »

highway62 wrote:.... perspective.
Hehehehe, couldn't have attended on 24th October - had to go to work - so I don't feel "slighted" at all !

:wave: :wave: :wave:
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:Invited, as in a venue change.
And not a change for the better, it was like a transition into a Cold War era, I got off a fast train at Maidenhad and had to find platform 5 and1/2 and then got the branch line to outer Siberia. Sometime later, following a long walk from the station to the compound , I turned up at what can only be described as an East German apartment block, cunningly disguised as a Crowne Plaza.

Upon entering I was greeted and pointed to the GTG in the bar, sometime after CW arrived and took us through to his 'room f wonder' where the Focus Group kicked off. After a coupe of hours we were released back to the bar/restaurant where we had a most enjoyable meal.

So there we are, GTG and Focus Group at the same venue, many CWL watches were also in attendance as well as about 100/150 non CWL watches owned by the assembled watch geeks.

And guess what? It was a great time with great people and not a whinge or a moan, TBH I wish we had never mentioned the }#%^* meeting/GTG, all this bitching just takes the shine off a very well organised and enjoyable time.

Thanks again Andy for organising this, I can't wait for the next one.
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Jammy Devil wrote:Thanks for taking the time to explain how things happened, paw3001.
Kip wrote:Recently during some discussions with Christopher Ward, the idea of a focus group was brought up to discuss several potential items on the agenda of CWL. Chris was also looking for feedback on the C900 and a couple of yet to be introduced models. On October 24th myself and about a dozen other forum members, who were invited by Chris .......It is our hope that this type of focus group can be arranged again in the future as it was most informative and a treat for all to meet with Chris, Saint Wera, JJ , the lovely Debs as well as the other members of the CWL team.
:wave:
Allow me to add a bit more detail....

Andy was not privy, early on, to the discussions I had with Chris. While planning my trip to the UK. Andy was at the same time trying to put together a GTG at CWL corporate offices and had been trying to get it coordinated for some time. This was eventually deemed not practical due to space considerations. Once my trip was confirmed, Chris had the idea for a focus group and invited the GTG party, through Andy, to partake in a focus group. Johannes Jahnke was a surprise guest that Chris invited, unbeknownst to most, and was the centerpiece of the event.

The event was quite successful and may be considered again in the future.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Jammy Devil »

Kip wrote:Allow me to add a bit more detail....
Thank you for the detail, Kip.
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Jammy Devil wrote:Thanks for taking the time to explain how things happened, paw3001.
Kip wrote:Recently during some discussions with Christopher Ward, the idea of a focus group was brought up to discuss several potential items on the agenda of CWL. This may be true but was a separate discussion between Kip and Chris and nothing to do with the orginal GTG that was being planned

On October 24th myself and about a dozen other forum members, who were invited by Chris . In this case, Kip is just overstating the meeting. I don't think any of the forum members were personally invited by CW, man or company, to attend. I know I wasn't invited by Chris, I was asked if I was interested in a GTG by Village]
Again, in my posts explaining the situation, there was no formal booking system, no formal invite, no secret meeting, no black ball list, no inner "special" group and no special CW behaviour required apart from being a forum member.

Tyke - 6 months (and thats a guess as I cant remember the exact date Village put out his request because it was ages ago) shows how bloody difficult it is to arrange a meet up with people from differing locations and geographies.

This was a GTG, that I will state again for those who are hard of reading, that EVOLVED into something a bit special. :mod: :kopfwand:
Watches - Too many but not enough!
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

So who WAS The Fifth Man? You can tell us, promise it won't go any further than this forum......
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

poppydoodlesdad wrote:So who WAS The Fifth Man? You can tell us, promise it won't go any further than this forum......
You have to be in the inner circle to know that. :D
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

D'oh :shock:
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

paw3001 wrote: This was a GTG, that I will state again for those who are hard of reading, that EVOLVED into something a bit special. :mod: :kopfwand:

:löl:
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Some pics

JJ, AN Other and CW

C10

C900

C9 Chrono Blue

C3 Mk II Black (sorry for the poor picture but not great light conditions)

C3 Mk II White with Gold

C11

A new C70 (I will ;et Loddonite explain this one :D )

New funky coloured straps

W900 Belisama Diamond Automatic

A wall of watches

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Nice shots Ian.

I'll bring my camera next time!
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Would the number 20 on the new C70 be of some significance ? :D
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator