LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

00/24 European Watch of the Year 2012 Awards

Post by Kip »

Congratulations to Christopher Ward for having the C9 Jump Hour selected as a finalist in Category 1 of the
00/24 WatchWorld Watch of the Year.

Chris will be making his case before an international jury of 8, that combined with the final voting will result in an announcement that will be published in the 3rd issue of 00/24 WatchWorld, due in September 2012.

Best of luck Chris! :thumbup:

Category 1: Men up to € 3.000

 BREMONT Solo (£ 2250)

 CHRISTOPHER WARD C9 Harrison Jumping Hour (£ 1150)

 EDOX WRC X-Treme Pilot III Limited Edition (€ 1850)

 MEISTERSINGER Perigraph Antracite (£ 1335)

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Xtine
Junior
Junior

Re: 00/24 European Watch of the Year 2012 Awards

Post by Xtine »

That's fantastic! Even 'just' to get shortlisted is quite an achievement!

I don't know a lot about watches but I have to say it is only 1 of a very few watches i've ever seen (online) that have made me gasp. Although i'm female and tend more towards more dainty girlie watches and really couldn't imagine me wearing this myself, i was upset to see the final 200th of these had sold as it meant it just wouldn't be a possibility for me to own one. I believe their online blurb that this is indeed a very special watch!

Wishing him all the best for 8th July .... :thumbup:
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by DSHall »

Lowest price and one of the best looking! Good luck.
Drmarkf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Drmarkf »

That's great.
Surely it wins hands down on innovation: I'm personally not that keen on its aethetics as a watch for me, but it's an original and clean design and I know a lot of people do like it.

As to the competition: the Bremont is bomb-proof, but expensive and (to be honest about a brand I admire and aspire to) styled just like 1001 other pilots watches; the Meistersinger's a nice fresh design and probably offers the main competition to the JH.

Finally, to mis-quote our subversive friends at the Hourtime podcast, the Edox is a bit of a robot turd (can I use that word here?), and I hope it doesn't win :shock:
Regards,
Mark

Rolex [4] : Omega [2] : Heuer [3] : Sinn : Nomos : Zeno : Steinhart : Citizen : Traser : Casio : Smiths/PRS
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by Aifo »

Congrat to Chris, an honor to be shortlisted and I believe a real contender for the top prize!

I don't hate the Edox though, its kind of like a big smily :D
Incoming: 0
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

Chris must be in with a good chance here, the JH is the most original design and movement at this price. :thumbup:
The Meistersinger is a nice example of this kind of watch although it is possible to buy a single hand watch for a lot less money (Kemmner do one for $475). :D
The Edox is just fugly. :thumbdown:
The Bremont is a quality well built pilot watch and probably the only one I would want to own, although only another take on the classic IWC design. :D

So probably the Edox will win. :lol:
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Excellent news indeed :D

From my point of view:
Bremont - nice watch,overpriced,nothing particularly special about it
C9 - not my cup of tea but the most innovative of the selections especially considering the price. Just a relief that the new logo didn't go on it
Edox - looks like something knocked together from a box containing spare parts and bits of Lego
Meistersinger -they do nice,straighforward watches...this one has too much going on for my liking (for a Meistersinger that is)

Predicted result-the Bremont promotion team (if Nick & Giles are making their own case then they are very personable...not that Chris isn't...i'll shut up now...) the and their current high profile will swing it their way. I don't think that is the correct choice tbh.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Since Bremont seem to be the current darling of the watch world, they likely have an edge going into the judging. However, if value for money is one of the considerations, then the C9 and Meistersinger should be the only two watches in the race.
I'm guessing the other three use stock movements, leaving the C9 as the only watch in the group with anything unique about it, with it's JJ1 modified movement.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-one: yes

Post by androo »

Taking into consideration design, complication and value CW will win hands down

Bremont will win though
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by asqwerth »

Congrats, CW!

You know, when you compare the prices of the 4 candidates and what they each bring to the table, you have to admire CW for their ambition and for actually doing what they said they would: offering quality (and interesting) watches at reasonable prices.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Funnily the C9 and Meistersinger use the same case and are both doing something a bit different with regards displaying the time. So either one of them deserves to be in this section IMHO.

I disagree that the Solo is overpriced, more expensive yes but a lot of engineering goes into making these Bremonts and the movement is an upgraded chronometer grade ETA rather than a bog standard ETA with a new module. That shouldn't rule it out as the decision is on the overall design package of the watch. Personally I can appreciate the C9JH but I am not a fan of its design
Watches - Too many but not enough!
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Congrats to Chris and the team for this, it is always nice to be recognised whatever industry you are in and this goes to show how well they have done with the JH. Out of the 4, my favourite design is the Bremont but for innovation and value, the JH should take it.
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Wis »

Well done Chris and team! The pictures makes me aware of how distinctive the design really is. And brave, given the current taste. Too bad the Harrison name was already taken, because it would have suited this retro design. I'd be surprised if it wins, it is too out there in terms of looks, but it sure is the most interesting watch of the bunch.
Bjørn
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

I'm rooting for the c9. I of course am a bit biased as I was able to pick up 1 of the last ones they had in stock. :)
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

It seems that the Perigraph suffers from the opposite problem to CW.
It photographs better than it looks in the flesh. Having tried one on in Jura when I bought my No1 I just couldn't get on with the inner date ring, it just looked wrong (IMO).
Hopefull the CW or this will win and the Ebel will just cease to exist. :lol:
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)