Slow moving rotor

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
CWL number 678
CW-watches: 0

Slow moving rotor

Post by CWL number 678 »

Hi everyone,

I'll start by telling you all that my Englisch isn't verry good. I'm from Holland. But I hope you all understand what I mean.
I recently bought myself a nice CW. the automatic, without chrono. With the gold plated case and brown leather strap. Beautifell combination if you ask me. I happened to be number 678.
What I noticed is that the moving rotor (I mean the power winding device (?)) is moving kind of slow. Is this normal ? I have seen watches who when you give a swing with your arm, the rotor keeps spinning 'round. Mine doesn't. it's quitte hard acctually to spin it round once. Most of the time it rocks genlty from side to side.

Maybe yoy guys can tell me more about the matter.

Overall I'm verry pleased with the watch. It's nice, it's verry cheap, and (so I hope) of good quallity.

PS: Mine gaines about 8 seconds every 24 hours. How close to perfection can I fine-tune it you guy's think ? 1 sec. every 24 hours ? ?

Regards,

Kees
Bob Demers

Post by Bob Demers »

Kees,

My CW Malvern does the same thing as well as my Hamilton Khaki Automatic. Both watches are based on the same ETA 2824-2 movement. I think it is normal for that movement.

As far as 8 sec per day, I would leave it alone. Have you tried resting it in various positions at night (CU, CD, DU etc.). Sometimes you can "fine tune" the timing that way.

Good luck and welcome to the group.
Bob Demers
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

Completely normal. If you want a fast moving rotor, try the ETA-7750, that one goes so fast that you can feel it whobble on your wrist.
MYND
Junior
Junior

Post by MYND »

yes, that is completely normal. Also, the more winded your watch is the slower the rotor will move. Try it once when your power reserve is empty and you will notice the difference.
Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

Well I have two watches with a ETA 2924-2 movement and the rotor in my CW rotates much slower than the one in my other watch.
But it doen's matter, it works :wink:
CWL number 678

Post by CWL number 678 »

Hey everyone, nice to see 4 replies, kind of the people to take the time and post some information for me. I have been quitte busy so I don't have a lot of time to catch up on this forum, sorry 'bout that. Anyway I understand that I don't have to worry about the slow moving rotor. It's okay.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend (almost)

Regards, Kees