How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
patmac
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by patmac »

highway62 wrote:Omega Seamaster/Rolex Sub (Seadweller?) ? :?
Ah, have I got that wrong? Will have to go back and check this weekend. Still won't be able to afford Rolex, but might come home with Seiko!
highway62

Post by highway62 »

don't forget the pics! :D
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by NMS75 »

I love my Rolex Submariner 16610 - a true classic watch! However, the new Submariner that Rolex launched the end of last year has lost the elegance and appeal that the Submariner has always had for me. I fear it, although still an excellent quality watch, will sell purely for the little words "Rolex" printed on its dial rather than for the beauty of the watch itself. The 16610 was, in my opinion, the last of the true Submariners with the new model too chunky and less attractive than its predecessors.

Maybe one day we will say the same of CW? Remember the classic Trident of 2011? Yes, it was more elegant and classic than the new chunky model of 2031 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark
Watches: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MKII | Christopher Ward C70 Grand Epreuve | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 | Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Blue Red
Woodell
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Woodell »

NMS75 wrote:I love my Rolex Submariner 16610 - a true classic watch! However, the new Submariner that Rolex launched the end of last year has lost the elegance and appeal that the Submariner has always had for me. I fear it, although still an excellent quality watch, will sell purely for the little words "Rolex" printed on its dial rather than for the beauty of the watch itself. The 16610 was, in my opinion, the last of the true Submariners with the new model too chunky and less attractive than its predecessors.

Maybe one day we will say the same of CW? Remember the classic Trident of 2011? Yes, it was more elegant and classic than the new chunky model of 2031 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark
I agree...I got my Rolex GMT back in 69 ..Few even knew what it was....Had to stop wearing it in 79 or 80....the locals started noticing it...might have killed me for it.. bought a Huer b/4 Tag.....no trouble with it....not worth killing me for it :lol: :lol:
Wear: C-60 Trident......Xezo Tribune LE
Own but never wear: Adriatica "Pilot" - Baume & Mercier "Capeland" - Swiss Military Hanowa
"Railroad Chrono." - Sector "SK-8" - Movado - Elgin "Swiss"
wilko
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 6
LE-two: yes

Post by wilko »

i,ve only seen 1 person "in the wild" wearing a cw.a chap was wearing a c4ipk when i delivered some wine to him in ely.he was most surprised when i recognised it,even more surprised when i told him i had 3 cw,s myself. :D
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

Still only one. A chap wearing a C15 on the train from Henley one morning.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
downer

Post by downer »

I've only ever seen one in the wild - A C40 - worn by my local pharmacist.

I was in there for the meds!
Richard
downer

Post by downer »

JAG wrote:
downer wrote:I've only ever seen one in the wild - A C40 - worn by my local pharmacist.

I was in there for the meds!

I thought Our KIP took care of those type of meds :D
He does. But occasionally, a guy can need some more... :)
Richard
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NMS75 »

scooter wrote:Not yet.

Haven't even spotted the C9 in Bath and am always there
:lol:

scooter
He was probably a tourist :lol: :lol: :p

Mark
Watches: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MKII | Christopher Ward C70 Grand Epreuve | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 | Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Blue Red
RustyinRochester
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by RustyinRochester »

I have never seen anyone else wear one. Further, when I wear one and people ask "What kind of watch is that" and I tell them... they say they have never heard of that brand. Of course, I live a backwater city. :D
"In comic strips, the person on the left always speaks first."
-George Carlin
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NMS75 »

RustyinRochester wrote:Further, when I wear one and people ask "What kind of watch is that" and I tell them... they say they have never heard of that brand.
There are plenty of people who haven't even heard of the big brands that were established many years ago. It still amazes me that some don't even know about Rolex or Omega despite the high profile and massive advertising campaigns they have run over the years. For some if it isn't a Seiko or an Accurist or a Citizen they got no idea :shock: Still I guess we are all watch lovers and so are more clued up over those with much less of an interest so you can't blame them. As for the CW brand they are still very new but I do see the brand creeping into to various parts of the web in online articles and on other forums so it is definately slowly becoming known to those who see watches as more than just a thing on your wrist that tells you when you are running late for an appointment :lol:

Mark
Woodell
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Woodell »

I passed my Rolex on to my son......Now I hope to pass the Trident on to a Grandson...so far I've got a Granddaughter...
Think a girl could....Oh no.. I had Woodell engraved on the back....Well...He's got to have a boy now! :lol: :lol:
The CWL will continue in our family for the next 100 yrs. 8) With the GMT
Wear: C-60 Trident......Xezo Tribune LE
Own but never wear: Adriatica "Pilot" - Baume & Mercier "Capeland" - Swiss Military Hanowa
"Railroad Chrono." - Sector "SK-8" - Movado - Elgin "Swiss"
raoulduke333
Senior
Senior

Post by raoulduke333 »

Not seen a single example on a stranger or non stranger in Walesland!

I'm spreading the word though - my brother has a DB70 COSC on pre-order and a hankering for a C600 tritech......

I'm working on the people in the office too - my Lido C20 and Trident C60 have turned a few heads
col
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by DSHall »

JAG wrote:
Woodell wrote:I passed my Rolex on to my son......Now I hope to pass the Trident on to a Grandson...so far I've got a Granddaughter...
Think a girl could....Oh no.. I had Woodell engraved on the back....Well...He's got to have a boy now! :lol: :lol:
The CWL will continue in our family for the next 100 yrs. 8) With the GMT

My wife loves the trident but on Steel its a bit to heavy for her i did have a pepsi trident but allowed it to goto a new home as i think it was the pepsi that killed it for me but may try a black trident on steel and she is hoping CWL bring out a smaller version for her of the trident :lol: :lol:
A smaller Trident? A fork perhaps?  (sorry!)
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by DSHall »

JAG wrote:
DSHall wrote:
JAG wrote:
My wife loves the trident but on Steel its a bit to heavy for her i did have a pepsi trident but allowed it to goto a new home as i think it was the pepsi that killed it for me but may try a black trident on steel and she is hoping CWL bring out a smaller version for her of the trident :lol: :lol:
A smaller Trident? A fork perhaps?  (sorry!)

Your CWL count has gone up hasn't it Mr Hall :wink:
Maybe! Forum LE on order!