How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Zetaplus93
Senior
Senior

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by Zetaplus93 »

First time ever spotting a CW at a random food court of all places.

Vacationing in Vancouver Canada, and while getting a quick dinner at a food court in between shopping, I spotted a good looking watch on a chap sitting at the next table. Looked familiar, thought it may have been a sub. But then the orange of the bezel shone through.

Turned out to be a first generation C60 with an orange bezel. I believe it’s the watch by spotting the orange bezel, 12 o’clock double baton markers, tear drop hour hand, and round & baton hour markers. Could be a GMT, wasn’t too sure—the bezel looked busier than a standard sub bezel, but couldn’t spot the GMT hand on the dial.

In Canada of all places. Definitely rare, might be the last time I spot one!
ipd

Post by ipd »

I recently took my c65 Diver to Feldmar Watch in Beverly Hills CA. The sales guy there said it was the first he's ever seen in person. He also said he was really surprised by the quality (and thinness) of the watch.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Someone on the 6.10 from waterloo to Guidford standing right there, next to me, sporting a C60 mk 1. First time in ages I've seen another CW in the wild.
djohnson29
CW-watches: 0

Post by djohnson29 »

Never knew about the brand until I was trying to replace my Torgoen that I lost.
--

Dan
Harbuzi

Post by Harbuzi »

Discovered brand a few years ago, but almost forgot about it. Saw one on the wrist of a stranger on the train the other day. C60 - last edition. Got me looking again!
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Spotted 3 today!
At Helmingham Hall car festival I spotted two C7 Rapide models (one green, one black) and an older model, possibly a Malvern?
First time spotting a CW in the wild. Not really surprised by spotting a motorsport model at this type of even though.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

A guy stood in front of me in the queue for the Lido in Pontypridd today sporting an orange blob C60 GMT.
Looked in excellent condition as well :D
Ryan
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

Never, but usually people don't wear interesting watches, so 20 years ago I stopped looking. The quartz era has a lot to answer for. in the olden days, you would always look at a strangers watch on the train, in a bus, in the street etc..mainly because it was a double check on whether yours was right or not. As we all know a mechanical can play up and start gaining or loosing heavily, but it might not be immediately apparent and these free time checks were always welcome and cheaper than calling 980 and before that 98081 (theres a blast from the past).

Quartz ushered in an era that resulted in everyone owning second accurate timepieces which cost little, were reliable and it was obvious if they were not working properly...the days of studying someones watch to get the time passed and we stopped noticing what watches people wear.

My friend only found out a month ago that I had many different watches and rarely wore the same one when I visited him...he had never noticed :)
balloons
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by balloons »

6 years I've been looking and still not seen one.
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

In the flesh, so to speak, I’ve only ever seen one other soul wearing a CW.

That is my brother, my Identical Twin :D

I reckon that we both have good tastes in watches :) :) :(
Regards
Craig
MSC

Post by MSC »

Not seen any but I don't really notice what others have
rarebritishartglass
Junior
Junior

Post by rarebritishartglass »

I have never seen a stranger wearing a CW but it’s starting to spread through my family nicely :)

My Dad bought a c60 and after close inspection CW has quickly become my favourite watch brand.
My top 10 \ Favourite CW’s.....
C60 Elite LE | C60 5 Day LE | C60 Beast | C60 Bronze Ombré Chronometer (mk3) | C9 5 Day (White) | C60 Sapphire (Blue) | Standard C60 Black\Black mk3 | C60 Chr Red\White | C60 Chr Blue\White | Abyss for stealth.
Quiron

Post by Quiron »

Sadly.....never.
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Saw two in one day recently while out and about in Reading Firstly what I think was a C5 Malvern Aviator in cream; as the owner was manning a stand at some fayre or other, I was able to have a chat with him.

Later, I caught a fleeting, but unmistakeable glimpse in passing of a C8 Flyer.

Sod’s law I wasn’t wearing one of my own!
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by peterh »

Been looking since 2005. Never saw one, other than the ones I knew about. I do see a W1 (the original Tonne Suisse, serial # 100, with that gorgeous steel dial) on an almost daily basis. It's scratched and beaten, and still keeps time as well as when it was new.

But strangers? Nope, zero.
What I do occasionally get is people seeing my watch and being interested. This has happened with the C5 Mk1, the C6 Forum LE (someone actually grabbed my wrist to look at it), the red Peregrine and the Speedhawk.
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)