How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by nathanclarinet »

I have seen two, one is a mates C600 who I introduced to CW so that won't count. But I i did see a C6 Orange face in Ambleside a few weeks back and was surpised at a) how large it looked and b) how rubbish the ss strap looked (I know this has been well documented and I don't want to drag it up and I know it is being dealt with etc. etc. but this was my first view of the offending article after reading so much about it so forgive me :D ).
highway62

Post by highway62 »

I've not seen one
I was wondering, are there any ballpark figures for how many watches CWL has sold since it's inception? This might give an idea of how likely it is to see one in the wild. Although Mr Blyth might have absorbed a fair % of the total sales! ;D
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

johnalden wrote:I've never seen anyone wearing a CW. But I have seen a dentist wearing it.
Wearing what? Welcome to the forum, some interesting links you have in your signature.
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

I have never seen a stranger wearing a CW but then I no longer have to frequent public areas on as regular a basis as I did when I worked in London, so the chances of seeing one in the wild are much reduced.
highway62

Post by highway62 »

was it a sector? :shock:
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Mortis »

highway62 wrote:I've not seen one
I was wondering, are there any ballpark figures for how many watches CWL has sold since it's inception? This might give an idea of how likely it is to see one in the wild. Although Mr Blyth might have absorbed a fair % of the total sales! ;D
This comes up now and then:
http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... f=1&t=5047
Summary: best guess is probably around the 40k mark since inception. CWL sold around 15,000 last year.
highway62

Post by highway62 »

cheers, some interesting reading.
Given the world wide distribution and the squirrel like hoarding of forum members, they would still be quite difficult to spot in the wild then..
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by DSHall »

First one yesterday in Leeds. A C13. I was wearing my C15. Not a stranger though, a colleague I've known for years. A really good guy with clearly great taste! Cue much watch talk. He only has the one so far. Couldn't understand that!!!
patmac
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by patmac »

Never noticed anyone's watch before I got the CW catalogue through the door. Now I notice EVERYONE'S watch, but of course spend most of my time looking at my two CWs, not both worn at the same time, of course!
Have just got a copy of Gene Stone's 'The Watch' and loved looking through that, some fantastic-and I mean FANTASTIC-watches in there, the wierd and the wonderful, always though my eye is drawn to the more elegant designs, plain faces, clean clear indexes, no more than one of what I have now learned to call 'complications'.
For the first time too this weekend I took much more notice of the watches in the local high class watch shop in town, a place I've normally just glanced at as I pass by.Lots of lovely pieces, and some prices I found hard to take in, five and six thousand pounds for a watch, and even higher amounts in Stone's book. However, the watch that caught my eye there was actually a nice Seiko , oblong with steel indexes and hands for just £199.99. Great price, great looking watch. Will I buy it? No/yes! That's to say I feel myself on the edge of a very slippery and potentially expensive slope. As Oscar the Toscar said,'I can resist everything except temptation'!
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NMS75 »

Not many sightings of CW then - but we know they are out there! ;) In a way it makes the CW brand feel quite an exclusive one which is quite nice :D No doubt we will be seeing more and more over the next few years though.

Mark
Watches: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MKII | Christopher Ward C70 Grand Epreuve | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 | Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Blue Red
Woodell
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Woodell »

NMS75 wrote:Not many sightings of CW then - but we know they are out there! ;) In a way it makes the CW brand feel quite an exclusive one which is quite nice :D No doubt we will be seeing more and more over the next few years though.

Mark
So right...Think about it...Rolex makes over a million a year...I don't see any of those....I have not seen a Rolex in ten years!! :shock:
Wear: C-60 Trident......Xezo Tribune LE
Own but never wear: Adriatica "Pilot" - Baume & Mercier "Capeland" - Swiss Military Hanowa
"Railroad Chrono." - Sector "SK-8" - Movado - Elgin "Swiss"
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NMS75 »

Woodell wrote:
NMS75 wrote:Not many sightings of CW then - but we know they are out there! ;) In a way it makes the CW brand feel quite an exclusive one which is quite nice :D No doubt we will be seeing more and more over the next few years though.

Mark
So right...Think about it...Rolex makes over a million a year...I don't see any of those....I have not seen a Rolex in ten years!! :shock:
I don't see them too often where I live either but when I travel to certain other places in the UK I tend to spot a few. Maybe its a geographical thing?

Mark
Watches: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MKII | Christopher Ward C70 Grand Epreuve | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 | Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Blue Red
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

patmac wrote:I spend most of my time looking at my two CWs, not both worn at the same time, of course!
Village will be along soon to put you right on that! :wink:
patmac
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by patmac »

Woodell wrote:

Mark
Last time I saw a Rolex 'on the wrist' was in the early '60s, and then they were, mostly (I think) Chinese copies. But saw some this weekend in a watch shop, and they are 1) expensive, 2) very attractive, especially a Seamaster with a beautiful blue face. If I had the money.......
highway62

Post by highway62 »

Omega Seamaster/Rolex Sub (Seadweller?) ? :?