How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Zetaplus93
Senior
Senior

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by Zetaplus93 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 am

First time ever spotting a CW at a random food court of all places.

Vacationing in Vancouver Canada, and while getting a quick dinner at a food court in between shopping, I spotted a good looking watch on a chap sitting at the next table. Looked familiar, thought it may have been a sub. But then the orange of the bezel shone through.

Turned out to be a first generation C60 with an orange bezel. I believe it’s the watch by spotting the orange bezel, 12 o’clock double baton markers, tear drop hour hand, and round & baton hour markers. Could be a GMT, wasn’t too sure—the bezel looked busier than a standard sub bezel, but couldn’t spot the GMT hand on the dial.

In Canada of all places. Definitely rare, might be the last time I spot one!

ipd

Post by ipd » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:00 pm

I recently took my c65 Diver to Feldmar Watch in Beverly Hills CA. The sales guy there said it was the first he's ever seen in person. He also said he was really surprised by the quality (and thinness) of the watch.

Kansas City Milkman
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Kansas City Milkman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:44 pm

Someone on the 6.10 from waterloo to Guidford standing right there, next to me, sporting a C60 mk 1. First time in ages I've seen another CW in the wild.

djohnson29
CW-watches: 0

Post by djohnson29 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:12 pm

Never knew about the brand until I was trying to replace my Torgoen that I lost.
--

Dan

Harbuzi

Post by Harbuzi » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:56 am

Discovered brand a few years ago, but almost forgot about it. Saw one on the wrist of a stranger on the train the other day. C60 - last edition. Got me looking again!

Jcalder68
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:22 pm

Spotted 3 today!
At Helmingham Hall car festival I spotted two C7 Rapide models (one green, one black) and an older model, possibly a Malvern?
First time spotting a CW in the wild. Not really surprised by spotting a motorsport model at this type of even though.

C
CW Watches (To Date): Trident M3 40mm, C60 Pro 300, C60 Pro 600 Vintage, C65 GMT, C65 Diver Auto, C65 Diver Manual
Others (To Date): Sinn 104, Seiko SNA411, G-Shock