Dazmb
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2
Location: Lincolnshire, East Midlands, England, Great Britain

Re: Chris in need of more elves?

Post by Dazmb »

joerattz wrote:
patster wrote:You reset the zero position of the hands by holding in the two chrono buttons for two seconds until you see the second hand jolt forwards, then use each button to advance the hands to zero.
Dazmb, can you give this a try and let us know if it works?
Ok, will do on Friday.
«::M::» «::Y::» «:: ::» «::W::» «::A::» «::T::» «::C::» «::H::» «::E::» «::S::»
Christopher Ward C6T3LE #203
Dazmb
Junior
Junior

Post by Dazmb »

Dazmb wrote:
joerattz wrote:
patster wrote:You reset the zero position of the hands by holding in the two chrono buttons for two seconds until you see the second hand jolt forwards, then use each button to advance the hands to zero.
Dazmb, can you give this a try and let us know if it works?
Ok, will do on Friday.
Yes, it works 8) .

Going back to my origianal post topic, 6 days on and still no reply to my emails!
Dazmb
Junior
Junior

Post by Dazmb »

Having reset the chrono hands to zero I noticed the time was out by an hour (the watch has been in it's box since purchase before summer time ended). Trying to pull the crown out is proving impossible. It feels well and truly stuck. Anyone else had this? It's actually ripping my fingernail rather pulling out!
Budgie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Budgie »

Save your fingernails and unscrew the crown first :)
Dazmb
Junior
Junior

Post by Dazmb »

Budgie wrote:Save your fingernails and unscrew the crown first :)
Oops! Slightly embarrassing that. In my defence the instructions are not that clear IMO. It looks like a two click pull operation before turning to change...

Thanks for that. BTW, I have had an email answered. Chris did need more elves.... and he's got one in. His wife. The email is from Mrs CW (whose come in to help out).

God bless her.
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by President »

I've had emails from Wera Mettes too.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Hi everyone, on the subject of chrono alignment, I have a Tag and a Pulsar that both had this problem, when I took the Puls in for service the guy said it was quite common on Chronos. He showed me how to rest them so no probs. On the actual point of the original post In defence of Chris he got back to me in under 24hrs I waited well over a week for a reply from a well known company begining with R.

Great forum BTW
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by President »

Welcome!
seaclose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 11
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by seaclose »

Things must be really busy at CW at the moment. I waited for ages on the phone before someone was available. An email to Chris took a couple of days.

Under normal circumstances personal service is almost instant. I suppose Chris is becoming a victim of his own success.

As more and more people discover CW watches, his time has to be spread more thinly and it can't be possible to continue his personal involvement with every customer.

Best of luck to him.
Dazmb
Junior
Junior

Post by Dazmb »

seaclose wrote:Things must be really busy at CW at the moment. I waited for ages on the phone before someone was available. An email to Chris took a couple of days.

Under normal circumstances personal service is almost instant. I suppose Chris is becoming a victim of his own success.

As more and more people discover CW watches, his time has to be spread more thinly and it can't be possible to continue his personal involvement with every customer.

Best of luck to him.
Next year could be a very important one for CW (the company). It may be decision time for CW and his backers to either stay small with the service levels high and personal attention from CW, or else continue expansion (and increase profits)which will change the business dynamic. I don't see many companies who have been able to maintain the original service levels as volume ramps up. It's an impossible task. With only Chris in the workshop as volume increases each watch will have less time with him in final testing/finishing before being sent out. More staff or no more volume. A tough choice for any business.
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:?
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by President »

He'll probably sell out to Swatch when he's old and grey. Good for him.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I think CW will undoubtedly grow, and it is obvious that the personal involvement will be hard to maintain, but from all I have read about Chris and the company he will still want the customer connection to continue and that will involve prioritising what is important and perhaps if he chooses personal service over one of his other business tasks then the other tasks can be delegated to someone else. Whatever happens I am sure the brand will grow, and those lucky enough to have known the company from the beginning will always be proud to know they were there when it started, and that’s special. Whatever happens to CW I wish hem all the best for the future.