CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: Incoming C20

Post by ianblyth »

When I bought mine the code was C20LE-SWS. So it was known as a C20.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

ianblyth wrote:When I bought mine the code was C20LE-SWS. So it was known as a C20.
Thanks for the clarification, when I looked at the drawings on the 2009FLE thread they refer to it as a C2LE, so somewhere along the line they must have changed the designation.
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

As you will see from my signature, I also picked up a bargain in the updated nn section (thanks again to Mortis). THe C3 chrono was not a watch I paid much attention to until seeing forum members photos (especially the applied numbers, markers etc) and I now realise that I have quite a collection of Chronos buidling! I think I need to expand on my complications!
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

nathanclarinet wrote:As you will see from my signature, I also picked up a bargain in the updated nn section (thanks again to Mortis). THe C3 chrono was not a watch I paid much attention to until seeing forum members photos (especially the applied numbers, markers etc) and I now realise that I have quite a collection of Chronos buidling! I think I need to expand on my complications!
They must have had more than 1 C3 available as it's still showing as in stock on the NN section. Quite like it even though it's a very subtle chrono, not at all like my DBR1 which is big, colourful & showy as you will find out soon to your immense pleasure when yours arrives!
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Tyke wrote:
As far asI know they still do the C2 in white but the current C20's are all now designated as silver faced. I can only assume they started out with the C20's as white faced & then presumably changed to differentiate them from the C2 range.

Anyway, I'm getting a white C20 which in retrospect cannot be a forum LE as the FLE's were technically still C2's even though they are automatic, the C20 range only came about afterwards because the C2 FLE showed CWL that an automatic in that case design was viable & desirable. I'm sure C2LE owners on here can verify or correct this supposition.

So I assume the blurb on the website was wrong & that the designation LE was a typo which shouldn't have been there. Whilst getting an FLE would've been a happy bonus, I'm still getting a C20 for the price of a C2 which if it's clean & tidy will be the result I was after. :D

As you say, the sequence was C2 (available in black and white), C2LE (white) and then C20 Auto. I imagine the C20 was always part of the product plan; the C2FLE was a nice way to deliver it.

I think (as Ian says above) the FLE is sometimes referred to as a C20, as it is an auto.

My money is on you receiving a FLE, although as you say, either way you should end up with a great watch. :)
Richard
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Can't really see it being an FLE as they were all sold out, but if it is then it will be a return :shock: which would be unusual for something so special.
downer

Post by downer »

Tyke wrote:Can't really see it being an FLE as they were all sold out, but if it it then it will be a return :shock: which would be unusual for something so special.
There is at least one senior member of this forum who returned his FLE... 8)
Richard
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

downer wrote:
Tyke wrote:Can't really see it being an FLE as they were all sold out, but if it it then it will be a return :shock: which would be unusual for something so special.
Hadn't spotted that, so now I've got to hunt the info down. Any reason for the return? - Please don't say it got badly damaged :lol:
downer

Post by downer »

Tyke wrote:
downer wrote:
Hadn't spotted that, so now I've got to hunt the info down. Any reason for the return? - Please don't say it got badly damaged :lol:
Nah. It was just a matter of taste. At the time, he didn't have any! :lol:
Richard
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Just checked the Post Office Track & Trace - parcel has been held at the delivery office as they don't deliver to my workplace on Saturday, so it will arrive on Monday. Now wish I'd had it sent to home as I could be wearing whatever it is by now, but I've so little faith in RM to deliver on time I figured if I did that it would arrive on Monday while i'm at work & then I'd have to go to the PO & collect it on Tuesday.

Can't find a thread about the returned one?

Ho hum!
downer

Post by downer »

Tyke wrote: Can't find a thread about the returned one?

Ho hum!
Here's a clue..http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =35&t=3812

It was a long time ago.. :)
Richard
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

downer wrote:
Tyke wrote: Can't find a thread about the returned one?

Ho hum!
Here's a clue..http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =35&t=3812

It was a long time ago.. :)

Thanks for this - so if it's got blue bits & #39 on it i'll at least have its history - unless someone on here already has 2009FLE #39?

I'd be suprised if it's hung around at CWL that long, there must've been other NN sales between that return & now?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Maybe I can clarify a bit here.

The working model number of the Forum LE was C2LE.

It was decided to code it a C20 because of the automatic...a coding system that has continued with derivatives such as the C60, C600, C80 and C90.

The C2LE was/is officially listed as a C20LE-XXX. The regular line C20 lost the LE designation for obvious reasons. To my knowledge their is not a single C20LE remaining anywhere within CWL.

I am confident you shall recieve the current C20 model.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

Kip wrote:To my knowledge there is not a single C20LE remaining anywhere within CWL.
I thought Chris kept all "number 1" models? Doesn't he have 001?
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

Mortis wrote:
Kip wrote:To my knowledge there is not a single C20LE remaining anywhere within CWL.
I thought Chris kept all "number 1" models? Doesn't he have 001?
As I recall, Kip has #1.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20