Chrono Functions

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Alan_Ryland

Chrono Functions

Post by Alan_Ryland »

Hi all

I am new to this forum lark so sorry if I dont make much sense.

I have bought a C3 Chrono with the black face and I am really pleased with it. My question is, if you run the watch with say the stop watch running ie, second hand sweeping , which if you leave on will eventually run the other sub dials, minutes ,hours etc, does this run down the battery quicker, than say just having the watch with the sweep hand at zero?

Also if you do a search on the ronda 5040.d you can find a site that has interactive graphics on, and on that site it tells you there is a power saving mode, so anyone know about that?

AR
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Re: Chrono Functions

Post by peterh »

Alan_Ryland wrote:Hi all

I am new to this forum lark so sorry if I dont make much sense.

I have bought a C3 Chrono with the black face and I am really pleased with it. My question is, if you run the watch with say the stop watch running ie, second hand sweeping , which if you leave on will eventually run the other sub dials, minutes ,hours etc, does this run down the battery quicker, than say just having the watch with the sweep hand at zero?
Yessir.
Also if you do a search on the ronda 5040.d you can find a site that has interactive graphics on, and on that site it tells you there is a power saving mode, so anyone know about that?
When you use the chrono for an extended time period, at one point the chrono will stop moving the second hand to save power (I'm not sure how long this takes). It will, however, keep track of the time, so when you push the stop button, the second hand will then move to where it would have been if it would've continued running.

peter
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)
Alan_Ryland

Re: Chrono Functions

Post by Alan_Ryland »

Many thanks for reply.

I like the second hand sweep running, but I have now stopped it!

I have other chrono's which i have had running for months, but perhaps I will stop those too.

The ronda power saving was mentioned as "stem use" as I recall, so I presume they mean if you get the crown into position 3 ie stopped, this is bound to save on battery life.

Once again Thank you.
Alan