C5 Aviator

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
hantsman
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Re: C5 Aviator

Post by hantsman »

If I recall it was the movements or lack of them that was holding up some watches!
JimG
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by JimG »

Received my Aviator on Tuesday 11th! :) Just a day before I headed off abroad and 2 days before my Birthday, so very happy about that :lol: . I really do hope everyone else gets theirs very soon for any deadlines.
I got the black with brown strap. Very nice.
One question I have though, is regarding the crown & spindle. Once the crown is unscrewed there appears to be quite a bit of lateral movement - is that normal for this watch? Also seems to be easy to cross thread when screwing crown back in.
"I am not a number — I am a free man!"
David James Payne
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by David James Payne »

JimG. Haven't noticed that much lateral movement in the crown and spindle of my C5 Aviator when it is extended, but do agree that you have to be careful not to cross thread when screwing crown back in. I have found that you need to give a fairly hard push on end of crown to make sure that the crown makes a positive contact with the screw thread fixed to the watch case before starting to screw the crown in.

By the way congratulations on the new addition!!

David
Joy to all watch lovers. :D

DJP
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:o
John
Guru
Guru

Post by John »

pics? :wink:
JimG
Senior
Senior

Post by JimG »

John wrote:pics? :wink:
Sorry for lack of pics, same goes for my LE Kingfisher, but I received them both within a day of having to head off abroad for work so I was running around like a blue arsed fly trying to get last minute family stuff done for Xmas since I will be away for that :( . Hope you all understand.

Many thanks for the advice on screwing the crown in etc. Much appreciated. I hope I haven't damaged the thread.
"I am not a number — I am a free man!"
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

Daz wrote:Also give it a half a turn anti-clockwise before screwing it on.
I want to reiterate this point because it is the secret to screwing the crown down...at least it was for me. Here is a link to my page that has a link to the video Christopher Ward made for me demonstrating how to screw the crown down:

http://www.rattz.com/PublicPortal/publi ... matic.aspx
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20