Should I purchase this watch?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
The Raven King

Should I purchase this watch?

Post by The Raven King »

Hello, Gentlemen!

At age 50, I finally decided it was time to have a nice "adult" watch. In the past, I've owned good, functional watches, eg. Casio G-Shock, etc. What I am looking for is a nice watch for my casual lifestyle---to wear to dinner, parties, and even look nice on those rare occasions now when I must wear a coat and tie.

I did a lot of research on various watches, at various price points. I decided to choose a watch from Christopher Ward...frankly the price, quality, and customer service were unmatched. On September 1, I pre-ordered/reserved an Aviator (C5AKK), primarily because the face appears easy to read for my aging eyes (!) I also ordered an alligator strap to "dress up" the watch. From reading other comments, however, this appears to be overkill for the Aviator, and, if nothing else, I intend to remove this part of my order.

My question: Do you consider this a "dressy" watch for my needs? Should I stick with this? I like the Malvern C5, but feel the face may be too difficult to read. Or, what about the new Kingfisher Diver-Pro?

All thoughts/discussion greatly welcomed!
Bill (Dunwoody, Georgia)
John
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 0

Re: Should I purchase this watch?

Post by John »

I own the black aviator, my eyesight is not very well but it is easy to read for me.
I also have the silver C5 to wear with a suit.
With the silver hands is this watch very bad to read for me.

The Kingfisher is good to read but is not as "dressy"as the Aviator.
A Kingfisher under a suit is IMO not a good choice.
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Re: Should I purchase this watch?

Post by Hans »

I own the Aviator and black and white C5 models, and you're right: the Aviator is the easiest to read (although I'm not having any trouble reading the C5). The Aviator has a very nice leather strap, it is real soft leather, without a shiny polished finish. Although it is possible to wear the Aviator on an alligator, I prefer the original leather strap, one of my most comfortable leather straps.