CWL of the day

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: CWL of the day

Post by Thermexman »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:29 pm Out on the town with a CWL and enjoying my Swindon-built Honda that I picked up yesterday. Lots of UK influences today.

Congrats on the new Honda. Looks great. Manufactured 40 miles away from me!
Steve.
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Korkki »

Clach77 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:29 pm
Korkki wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:02 pm New toy

7B948AE8-526E-4B61-B524-30F2ED4BF687.jpeg
Very nice. Was that picked up from the nearly new sale last week?
Cheers, that was picked up a week before, at 23rd and as a NN
NO PARKING
This space is reserved
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

C65 Trident Diver for visiting Edinburgh earlier today.

Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

isleaiw wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:29 pm Out on the town with a CWL and enjoying my Swindon-built Honda that I picked up yesterday. Lots of UK influences today.

Nice watch and even nicer car. A bit boy racer for my advancing years but a quality product,
Haha, I’m 46 and have been driving crazy cars like this since my 1985 GTI back in the 80’s. I love the rush of a light, quick car.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Thermexman wrote:

Congrats on the new Honda. Looks great. Manufactured 40 miles away from me!
Thanks. Very cool! I’m disturbed that Honda is closing that plant. I don’t think there will be another Type R after Swindon closes. It just felt right to grab one.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

^^ why wouldn't there be another Type R after Swindon closes?

As far as I'm aware the engines were shipped over from Japan as the build of the Type R engines was never performed outside of Japan because Honda wanted to protect the "zero failure rate" of the VTEC engines, at least that was the case for the "bread van" Type R of around the year 2003 and the following version. So despite the excellent work at Swindon the Type R is not dependant upon a plant being there (as far as I'm aware anyway but please correct me if I'm wrong).

The Type R is an outstanding car, always has been in every version. It sells incredibly well as the performance is amazing for the price (again always has been) and despite the abundant necessary aero features many Type Rs are being bought by a "more mature" customer. Chatting with the dealership at Ottershaw, Surrey last year they said they see more McLaren's passing the showroom than they can get Type Rs to sell in the showroom so it's very popular.

Congratulations on buying yours, I'm sure you will love it.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:49 pm ^^ why wouldn't there be another Type R after Swindon closes?

As far as I'm aware the engines were shipped over from Japan as the build of the Type R engines was never performed outside of Japan because Honda wanted to protect the "zero failure rate" of the VTEC engines, at least that was the case for the "bread van" Type R of around the year 2003 and the following version. So despite the excellent work at Swindon the Type R is not dependant upon a plant being there (as far as I'm aware anyway but please correct me if I'm wrong).

The Type R is an outstanding car, always has been in every version. It sells incredibly well as the performance is amazing for the price (again always has been) and despite the abundant necessary aero features many Type Rs are being bought by a "more mature" customer. Chatting with the dealership at Ottershaw, Surrey last year they said they see more McLaren's passing the showroom than they can get Type Rs to sell in the showroom so it's very popular.

Congratulations on buying yours, I'm sure you will love it.
*** Sorry I've just realised this morning that this is a bit off-topic as it's on the CWL of the Day - I didn't spot that last night, I just saw the photo of the car and comment about Swindon and my fingers went into overdrive. **** If it offends I'll be happy to delete it.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

C60 Trident Ombré for today.

biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

First time posting to this thread. Feeling pretty confident that this one hasn’t appeared before...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

biggus_richus wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:21 pm First time posting to this thread. Feeling pretty confident that this one hasn’t appeared before...

That looks fantastic. Very JPS Lotus. :thumbup: Well dome that man.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Clach77 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:25 pm That looks fantastic. Very JPS Lotus. :thumbup: Well dome that man.
Thanks! I'd never made that connection before (and did have to do a quick image search to refresh my memory), but now you mention it...
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
isleaiw

Post by isleaiw »

Robotaz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:09 pm
isleaiw wrote:
Nice watch and even nicer car. A bit boy racer for my advancing years but a quality product,
Haha, I’m 46 and have been driving crazy cars like this since my 1985 GTI back in the 80’s. I love the rush of a light, quick car.
I'm a fair bit older and now prefer the higher driving position and accessible performance that comes with a 3.0 V6 Turbo petrol SUV...
timeonourhands
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by timeonourhands »

watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Clach77 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:25 pm
biggus_richus wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:21 pm First time posting to this thread. Feeling pretty confident that this one hasn’t appeared before...

That looks fantastic. Very JPS Lotus. :thumbup: Well dome that man.
Without opening old wounds...Great branding on this dial :thumbup: The highlighted Twin Flags at 12 is spot on.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

C8PR. I had been wanting a more casual/flieger look for a while - the black/red stitched Meyhofer with Bader is still very nice and suits well, but maybe a little too starchy sometimes. So finally decided to install a Hirsch Liberty. Not quick release, but since I would have to change the buckle anyway, not a big deal. High quality and chunky as the OEM CW Tiber but I feel suits much better than the Tiber which seems somehow underwhelming.
IMG_0535.jpg
IMG_0536.jpg
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)