Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: CWL of the day

Post by MiniMpi »

Idyllic Steve :clap: 8)
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Great picture Amor, a nice change from all the close-up shots and hairy wrists we usually see in these kind of threads. Location looks pretty nice as well..!
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

C7 Bluebird for this evening 8)

Apologies for the hairy arm and close up shot Frank :)

watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

G1DRP wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:37 am
tikkathree wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:41 pm I'm back in the fold with a beast, thanks to the CW FB group and that fine chap Paul Beatson.

I'm not a fan of latex straps and having committed not to swap to steel for a few days, I'm surprised how relaxed I am about this rubberesque accessory!ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I actually think the rubber strap suits them more than the bracelet does. I wore mine on the rubber strap for the last few weeks before I bumped mine into a door frame and it killed it. Not very tough for a "sports watch" but lesson learned! Nice watch but way too fragile.
When you say you "killed" it, what kind of damage did you do to it?
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

C8 Vintage MK2 for my night shift tonight.

Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

1D521E0B-AD49-4E26-A187-6CDFEA644B49.jpeg
BoB today, with a fetching new Oak leather CW strap from the ‘January’ sale.
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

It’s NATO season!
B067DCB7-5CC5-4FE2-A84D-3DD9DAD18359.jpeg
Drew
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Took a sneaky photo of my wife’s W11 Amelia
IMG_0746.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
G1DRP
CW-watches: 0

Post by G1DRP »

I actually think the rubber strap suits them more than the bracelet does. I wore mine on the rubber strap for the last few weeks before I bumped mine into a door frame and it killed it. Not very tough for a "sports watch" but lesson learned! Nice watch but way too fragile.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Apparently the impact broke a screw inside the watch, which is ridiculous because there were no marks on my wrist. The watch stopped completely and has not run ever since. I was almost late for work that day, because I took my time eating my breakfast as I thought it was much earlier than it actually was.
They want £30 to repair it which, although it's nothing compared to the cost of the watch, I am reluctant to pay it. In my opinion, it's a sports watch and it should be more resilient. It's been in for repair since mid December 2018 and I really don't want it back to be honest. I couldn't bring myself to sell it on because it could happen to the next owner.

I do like CW's watches but, this will be my first and last CW watch.
Cheers,

Ian
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

G1DRP wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:33 am I actually think the rubber strap suits them more than the bracelet does. I wore mine on the rubber strap for the last few weeks before I bumped mine into a door frame and it killed it. Not very tough for a "sports watch" but lesson learned! Nice watch but way too fragile.
[/quote]
Apparently the impact broke a screw inside the watch, which is ridiculous because there were no marks on my wrist. They want £30 to repair it which, although it's nothing compared to the cost of the watch, I am reluctant to pay it. In my opinion, it's a sports watch and it should be more resilient. It's been in for repair since mid December 2018 and I really don't want it back to be honest. I couldn't bring myself to sell it on because it could happen to the next owner.

[/quote]

If you smacked it into a door frame and CW only want £30 to fix it then I think that is a decent outcome. If you have the Trident Chrono auto, that's an expensive watch. Is it not cutting off your nose to spite your face not to get it fixed?

I suspect plenty of watches might not survive a similar bangs, the build quality and internals of CW I'm sure stand comparison with competitors e.g. movements are not unique to CW.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
MW01
CW-watches: 2

Post by MW01 »

Hi all, my second post in this forum (after the introduction).
My C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm, that I bought a few weeks ago at CW showroom directly from Mr. Christopher Ward (thank you Chris for your kindness, professionalism and customer care!).
Attachments
IMG_9396.jpg
G1DRP
CW-watches: 0

Post by G1DRP »

Thegreyman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:08 am
G1DRP wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:33 am I actually think the rubber strap suits them more than the bracelet does. I wore mine on the rubber strap for the last few weeks before I bumped mine into a door frame and it killed it. Not very tough for a "sports watch" but lesson learned! Nice watch but way too fragile.
Apparently the impact broke a screw inside the watch, which is ridiculous because there were no marks on my wrist. They want £30 to repair it which, although it's nothing compared to the cost of the watch, I am reluctant to pay it. In my opinion, it's a sports watch and it should be more resilient. It's been in for repair since mid December 2018 and I really don't want it back to be honest. I couldn't bring myself to sell it on because it could happen to the next owner.

[/quote]

If you smacked it into a door frame and CW only want £30 to fix it then I think that is a decent outcome. If you have the Trident Chrono auto, that's an expensive watch. Is it not cutting off your nose to spite your face not to get it fixed?

I suspect plenty of watches might not survive a similar bangs, the build quality and internals of CW I'm sure stand comparison with competitors e.g. movements are not unique to CW.
[/quote]

You do have a point, I probably am cutting my nose to spite my face but, I have lost faith in the watch. There is an ISO standard for shock resistance and I have copied the basic outline from Wikipedia and pasted it below;

The International Organization for Standardization issued a standard for shock-resistant watches, which many countries have adopted. ISO 1413 Horology—Shock-resistant watches specifies the minimum requirements and describes the corresponding method of test. It is intended to allow homologation tests rather than the individual control of all watches of a production batch. It is based on the simulation of the shock received by a watch on falling accidentally from a height of 1 m on to a horizontal hardwood surface.

In practice shock resistance is generally tested by applying two shocks (one on the 9 o'clock side, and one to the crystal and perpendicular to the face). The shock is usually delivered by a hard plastic hammer mounted as a pendulum, so as to deliver a measured amount of energy, specifically, a 3 kg hammer with an impact velocity of 4.43 m/s (This will deliver approximately 30 Joules of energy to the watch). The watch must keep its accuracy to +/- 60 seconds/day as measured before the test
Cheers,

Ian
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

G1DRP wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:20 am
Thegreyman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:08 am

[/quote]

You do have a point, I probably am cutting my nose to spite my face but, I have lost faith in the watch. There is an ISO standard for shock resistance and I have copied the basic outline from Wikipedia and pasted it below;

The International Organization for Standardization issued a standard for shock-resistant watches, which many countries have adopted. ISO 1413 Horology—Shock-resistant watches specifies the minimum requirements and describes the corresponding method of test. It is intended to allow homologation tests rather than the individual control of all watches of a production batch. It is based on the simulation of the shock received by a watch on falling accidentally from a height of 1 m on to a horizontal hardwood surface.

In practice shock resistance is generally tested by applying two shocks (one on the 9 o'clock side, and one to the crystal and perpendicular to the face). The shock is usually delivered by a hard plastic hammer mounted as a pendulum, so as to deliver a measured amount of energy, specifically, a 3 kg hammer with an impact velocity of 4.43 m/s (This will deliver approximately 30 Joules of energy to the watch). The watch must keep its accuracy to +/- 60 seconds/day as measured before the test
[/quote]

Ian,

I understand your frustration but as the ISO standard you have copied across it does state that it allows tests on certain numbers of watches and not all watches produced in the batch. It could be that your watch might have had a flaw in the production of the screw (which broke). In my opinion, for what it's worth, maybe pay for the repair as it is only £30 then if it happens again then possibly cut your losses.

Just a thought,

Cheers,
Chris
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Bit of a rarity I believe, hot foot from the Sales Corner.

C2 Lido 2009 FLE

It may only be 40mm, but somehow feels larger. :D

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I can remember when the 2009 C2 FLE was one of the most sought after watches that CW produced.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)