Discuss Christopher Ward watches
sadgit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

CW’s resizing service

Post by sadgit »

Hi Guys
Having resisted the urge to add to my watch collection, well apart from an Oris Big Crown Pointer Date 80th Anniversary, for a couple of years, I have been seduced by the new C63 Sealander GMT.
I normally get my brackets resized by a trusted local jeweller but unfortunately they haven’t yet reopened, so I have a question, probably a very obvious one, do CW supply the unused links if you use their resizing service?

Thanks in advance for any help
CW owned to date, C9 Jumping Hand Mk2 (now here-WOW) C900 (my new love) 2011 FLE (my old love) C60 trident x2 (Black & Orange) C50 COSC (eve out) C3 Chrono (now sons) Victoria Deco (better half)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: CW’s resizing service

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Yes.

CW bracelet standard length is 170mm which translates into 6 links either side of the deployant.

If you use CW's resizing service, any links removed will be included with the watch (at least they have been on a couple of occasions for me).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

^^ Yes, they do :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
sadgit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by sadgit »

Perfect, thanks guys!
CW owned to date, C9 Jumping Hand Mk2 (now here-WOW) C900 (my new love) 2011 FLE (my old love) C60 trident x2 (Black & Orange) C50 COSC (eve out) C3 Chrono (now sons) Victoria Deco (better half)
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Be better if they had screwed bracelets then they'd be nice and easy to adjust 🙂
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Sorry i'm late to this thread. Have you considered one of the cheap kits on Amazon (or other online retailer)? The kit is about £11 and you might find if you are between sizes (due to no half links available) you have to add or remove a link after sizing it for the first time. It's really easy to do and I find it quite therapeutic doing it :-)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I don't feel it is as hard as people make it out to be (if you have the right tools). FYI half links are coming and will be available this summer. You will be able to get them for bracelets you already have.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

That is great news! I'll take 10 please! :-)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

redmonaco wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:30 pm Be better if they had screwed bracelets then they'd be nice and easy to adjust 🙂
That is really a matter of opinion. In theory you would think so, but then you you have to deal with tiny screws that are held in with thread lock. You need good quality screwdrivers and frequently 3 hands unless you have a proper base for holding the bracelet. If a bracelet link only has a screw on one side it can be simpler than if on both (most common) sides of a link. but even with thread lock, screws frequently work their way loose.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

I too dislike the screw types which are much more demanding on good/right tools, usually mean grinding screwdrivers to fit exactly and if thread locked, ideally you need heat (I use a Makita electronic heatgun which lets you set temperature very accurately) then once out they really are tiny so high quality tweezers required. The pin type are much less trouble for DIYers IMHO, normally a decent press does the job easily - though I have had trouble with old/corroded bracelets, fun fun fun.....
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

^^ Yup Kip and H0rati0 speak the truth....pin and collar anyday ahead of the PIA screws
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

rkovars wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:30 pm I don't feel it is as hard as people make it out to be (if you have the right tools). FYI half links are coming and will be available this summer. You will be able to get them for bracelets you already have.
They appear to be on sealander bracelets already.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

If you all find it easier to resize a pin and collar bracelet, I need a new tool. I find inserting any pin, even a cotter pin to be a difficult process at times. Is there a special tool to help push them back?
hucifwr

Post by hucifwr »

Both types of bracelets require the right tools, in my experience.

Screw types were easier for me because I already had a few small flathead screwdrivers from mobile phone repair.

For the pin and collar links on my Sealander, however, nothing I had in my toolbox worked. I had to go and buy a hammer and pin kit like this:

https://amzn.to/2Qkp351
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

JAFO wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:31 pm
rkovars wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:30 pm I don't feel it is as hard as people make it out to be (if you have the right tools). FYI half links are coming and will be available this summer. You will be able to get them for bracelets you already have.
They appear to be on sealander bracelets already.
Yes, that is true. The test will be in by summer.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London