Short notice advice needed

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Short notice advice needed

Post by Richard D »

Deks wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:04 pm Thankyou for the kind words and I hope you don't mind me adding one final note.

I took the plunge today and commited to having the double fusion to my back on the 21st June! Fingers crossed that all goes well and to keep on the subject of watches I will be wearing my happy watches as much as possible leading up to this date! Eek

Talk soon

Mike (Deks)
Mike, I have had the same done to my back. I’ve no doubt once you have had your surgery you will feel like a new man too. Sending you my best wishes.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I've had 2 major back operations. Spinal fusion with two rods cemented in my back in 1982 and a discectomy in 2004.

Both operations worked although I still have a degree of back pain some days.

In the past I have had 7 days on traction in hospital, acupuncture, physiotherapy, chiropractory, epidurals, valium, morphine etc, etc. but at the end of the day only surgery worked for me.

My problems emanated from too many car accidents when I was younger.

I've had a great life though.

Good luck to you for a successful operation.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Thanks Richard and Scooter for the comments. Im not expecting miracles as I've had 4 surgeries before and have scarring on the nerve roots which surgery won't fix but maybe it may reduce any tethering and hopefully the horrific back spasms. The doctor worried me when he advised against more surgery but I'm going for it as the surgeon feels it will improve my quality of life and im going to trust his judgement. I think part of my problem apart from the prolapsed disk is due to the narrowing between the vertebrae which is compressing the nerves. Part of the operation is jacking up the distance between them giving more space for the nerves so hopefully this will help too

Fingers crossed and I will post to let anyone interested know how I get on :-)

Have a great weekend
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Hey Mike,

Hope the operation is a complete success. I was close to a serious back op about 10 years ago but was lucky that some amazing physio, and strong self-will, managed to keep the pain in abeyance and it's not returned.

Back pain can be so debilitating and I can completely understand how the simple joy of a happy watch can bring a smile.
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Mike, best wishes for a successful operation.
Having had a prolapsed disc and micro-discectomy about 25years ago I can sympathise with your pain, thoughts and hopes even though my issues seem minor to what you've been going through.

I hope it works well for you.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Thanks Mikkie4 :-). Im struggling but not in the same pain I was with the previous 4 discectomies. What im going through now is my back muscles are constantly locked up and subsequent spasms. I get a load of discomfort in the lower back area with the stinging going down both legs. Its on the edge of being a raw stinging feeling, luckily the pills im on take the edge off. I have a date now for the big operation, this is my last chance of being right and if this fails im up sh56 creek.

My problem is (if it is a problem) the pills give a feeling of euphoria and I keep buying watches! I live from wage packet to wage packet and am in big danger of not having the money each month to pay the bills. I get paid again next Friday and want to hunt down a C60 mk2 ombre if one becomes available. Its not an understatement to say watches have kept me alive and I cant put a price on that

Stay safe

Mike