Speculation on C60 Mk4 release

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Speculation on C60 Mk4 release

Post by Mikkei4 »

OliviaParcker wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:02 am Even as one of the most ardent supporters of this 12 return and justifiable focus, I wouldn't bet even a small amount of money that this will happen for all future CW releases. There is no evidence that a larger audience likes this particular logo, I don't even know what to talk about here.
Sorry but I don't understand your post, maybe I'm reading it incorrectly. To confirm I said in my post that there's no evidence that I've seen to support any statement that the majority of people prefer the centre logo and equally there's probably no evidence for us to be able to say the same about the 9o'clock logo.
Devarika Woulf wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:47 pm
Perhaps the increased sales could be more related to better quality, word of mouth, and stronger advertising?
Indeed so, it's probably/potentially/possibly down to that but I was just repeating what's been said before on this forum, i.e. that CW believe the 9o'clock logo has worked positively for their sales - TBH I really don't care what their sales are affected by and CW are not going to tell us even if they could possibly know. I was just saying none of us in the Forum are in any position to state categorically what will happen with the logo because we don't work for CW and even if we did we'd be sworn to secrecy by them.

Maybe increased sales are because they've given away free ice-cream with every watch bought in the summer? - as long as they don't give away free sharks it's fine by me as sharks get enough bad press as it is.

:D :thumbup:
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

nbg wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:52 pm ^^^ Well as any scientist or statistician will tell you correlation is not causation. :)
C1F2E5C0-B9AA-45E2-B62D-8D4C6C7FB4D0.jpeg
Neil
Now come on Neil, any fool know that sharks will happily stoop to robbery with violence for ice-cream....
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I think the real lesson here is that it’s probably just safest to stay away from ice cream. I mean, you never know, right? Sharks are devious.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I think the real lesson here is that it’s probably just safest to stay away from ice cream. I mean, you never know, right? Sharks are devious
I quite like ice cream. I think I'll just stay away from sharks - especially the devious ones.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

^^^ To each their own!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:29 pmMaybe increased sales are because they've given away free ice-cream with every watch bought in the summer? - as long as they don't give away free sharks it's fine by me as sharks get enough bad press as it is.

:D :thumbup:
So the real reason the Trident divers are the top selling is because each one comes with a complementary beach snack right before a swim? Logo shomgo when you can have a cool shark with your cool watch! :D

Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:17 pm I know that I've said this before, but I do think that one of the things the brand now needs to aim for is model longevity.
Hmm. Not sure. :problem: Aren't we all suckers for something new? And that's just us: who the #### knows how the ordinary watch buying public who are presumably the bigger market share, who knows how they think..... :lol:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Will the Mk4 have the date moved to 6 o'clock so the name returns to 12?
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

I'm going to say yes, and if it does, it would be tough not to add another CW to my collection.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

magicman wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:53 pm I'm going to say yes, and if it does, it would be tough not to add another CW to my collection.

Regards Steve
Likewise for me.
drand
Guru
Guru

Post by drand »

The 'Drawing board' feature in the latest Loupe mentions the possibility of the C60 Concept influencing the next Trident iteration. No logo or date visible in the sketch at the 9, 12 or 3 (but then the Concept will be heavily skeletonised) and a big 12 o'clock triangle is there in the signature orange, along with bezel numbering and decorating that looks somewhat like the Sapphire's, and a twiddle to the handset removing some of the polished border on the hour and minute hand.

I would not be too surprised to see a 3.5 with these features but I think a 4th generation early 2022 would be against the best interests of the brand.

Oh, and 6y -> 4y -> 2y for an arithmetic progression, but 6y -> 4y -> 2y8m for geometric ;)

Edited for flipping autocorrect!
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:50 am
exHowfener wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:47 pm
The Mk4 will see a return to the 12 O'clock logo. Guaranteed.
Just keep telling yourself that ...
I also believe that. Them moving the logos on "certain" models to 12 is just covering themselves for when it goes fully back and they "admit" they made a mistake. I expect the Twin Flags to be on top of the name like every other company out there. They could even use the excuse of Christopher Ward himself leaving as the reason for a fresh-up. I think they're slowly progressing to it as Mike France takes the company in a higher direction. The majority of the people like the center logo better.
And so it begins with the Sealander range.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

SlowLoris wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:47 amAnd so it begins with the Sealander range.
Yep. It seems the Sealander's change of balance with the date moved to 6 is the start of a future design language for CW. I do hope they eventually incorporate the Twin Flags within the name though I don't know how that would be done. It could look very good with the right approach. Every other brand has their logo on top of the branding... I don't see why CW cannot be the same.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
desmodue

Post by desmodue »

Newbie opinion: I like the Mk3 Trident more than the previous versions. As far as the logos none are home runs but none of them are offensive.

If it were up to me, as surely it should be, I'd leave the Mk3 Trident where it is but change the twin flag from a ghost image to full print and a tad larger. Leave Chris Ward at 9:00 but outline text not solid.
JoeTheUndecided

Post by JoeTheUndecided »

Hi, new member here.
I have been watching CW watches for years now and wanted to get one for my 60th birthday, ( I know, old man ) and I really like the white faced trident pro MK3 but I've been hoping they would bring out that exact watch with a sw220 movement so I could have the day date. To me that would be perfect.
In awe of the knowledge on this forum.

Joe