1st CW Arrived

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: 1st CW Arrived

Post by Viognier »

Absolute congratulations!! That's a fantastic looking CW and it does fit your wrist perfectly. I look forward to your outdoor pictures.

Great choice to mark your 40th Birthday!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

One hell of a way to start your journey!
Wear in god health and keep safe,
C
CW Watches (To Date): C65 Trident Vintage MK2, C65 Sandhurst, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Pro 300, C60 Pro 600 Vintage, C65 GMT.
Others (To Date): Sinn 104, Seiko SNA411, G-Shock, Seiko SKX007
Dynamite_Kid19
Senior
Senior

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

MichaelMD wrote:Size looks great on you. Good decision. What's the lug height on this model? I would use that as your upper limit. I think a 42 might look a little big on your judging from these pictures, but again might depend more on the lug-to-lug than the case diameter. This watch looks about perfect.
12.95 height. 47.46 for lug to lug. As long as the lugs curve on a 42 I've been good. That's about my limit though.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

That’s a very nice watch. I was really struck by this watch when it was launched. Congrats.
MichaelMD
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:46 pm
MichaelMD wrote:Size looks great on you. Good decision. What's the lug height on this model? I would use that as your upper limit. I think a 42 might look a little big on your judging from these pictures, but again might depend more on the lug-to-lug than the case diameter. This watch looks about perfect.
12.95 height. 47.46 for lug to lug. As long as the lugs curve on a 42 I've been good. That's about my limit though.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Seems like CW just prefers to use longer lugs for some reason. Just a style thing I guess. I know on my Worldglow the ends of the lugs are a good 2mm+ beyond the lug holes on each end. Yours looks similar in that regard. Looks like it fits you just fine either way. Their lugs do seem to curve at the end and are narrow so they can get away with longer ones.