NN strap and bracelet sale is back up.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: NN strap and bracelet sale is back up.

Post by Bident »

I received a 20mm blue hybrid strap from the nearly new sale yesterday. Much to my chagrin, it was the older version 1. For people who are contemplating purchase, be aware that some hybrid straps may be the thicker, stiffer version.

Having said that, I was surprised despite the stiffness that it wasn't uncomfortable (which is different from saying it is comfortable). I'm sure it will break in over time and all in all I do like the strap quite a bit.

Tried it on my C60 yesterday (didn't bother setting the date or time) and my Farer this morning:
IMG_6156.jpg
IMG_6150.jpg
Best regards,
John
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

^ Perfect match on the Farer.

I posted yesterday about the v1 I received. With it off a watch I've been rolling each part into tight curls and also twisting them - as a whole it's getting softer and more fitted to the contour of my wrist when on a watch. The area closest to the QR bars is the stiffest part for obvious reasons but even that is easing so it's becoming more comfortable.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

ajax87 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:57 pm Those look great! Nice targeted pickups for those watches.

I like how you emphasize you’re set for strap options...

#AndrewNeedsANewWatch
gannet wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:59 am Great pick ups, the am gt looks great with that strap :D
Viognier wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:40 pm Congratulations Andrew! Being candid both straps look brilliant on your CW AM GT and Seiko !! The red lining was a must IMO and the brown on the Tiber strap is perfection....I would not have wanted it any darker IMO. Well purchased!

#AndrewNeedsANewWatch
Thanks everyone. Yeah, I’m really thrilled with these, more so than the other two recent acquisitions (a tropic strap from Moose Strap Co. and a horween leather racing strap from Barton). That black & red Peccary leather should have been a standard offering on the C65 AM GT LE, it looks that good!
Drew
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:25 pm ^ Perfect match on the Farer.

I posted yesterday about the v1 I received. With it off a watch I've been rolling each part into tight curls and also twisting them - as a whole it's getting softer and more fitted to the contour of my wrist when on a watch. The area closest to the QR bars is the stiffest part for obvious reasons but even that is easing so it's becoming more comfortable.
Thanks, and I should have read your post beforehand. But I think it will all be fine in the end. I usually find wrapping the watch with strap around the stiff pillows from my watch box for a few days helps break the strap in quite a bit.
Best regards,
John
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

My little stack has finally arrived, along with my Super Compressor back from service! Feels like Christmas!

40B3E4D8-2B59-45B7-9825-5FFFB4524B7B.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

ajax87 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:55 pm My little stack has finally arrived, along with my Super Compressor back from service! Feels like Christmas!

Now that’s just a tease! You need to show us the goods and how you intend to use them. Congrats on getting the SC back. Was it running +18spd? Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I’ll get my coat. :escape:
Drew
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:40 pm This isn’t as impressive a stack as JasperCat’s stack, but I’m thrilled none the less!

First strap: black leather peccary leather purchased for my C65 AM GT LE. I was pleasantly surprised to find it lined with the red leather!

Second strap: a tan Tiber leather for my modded Seiko Sea Urchin. I thought I had purchased the darker brown. I guess not. The strap is quite substantial and rather thick. I love the vintage look on the Seiko and hope it will loosen up some with wear.

Overall, I’m incredibly pleased! I’m set for strap options for awhile now, I think.
Love that black and red strap, works so well with the watch... both lovely straps :clap:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:04 am
ajax87 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:55 pm My little stack has finally arrived, along with my Super Compressor back from service! Feels like Christmas!

Now that’s just a tease! You need to show us the goods and how you intend to use them. Congrats on getting the SC back. Was it running +18spd? Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I’ll get my coat. :escape:
Haha! Wiggles could reappear at any time, way to stay vigilant! :lol: Mine’s running within spec and I’m perfectly happy with it :D

Pics of the new straps to come, whenever my 13month old and 4 month old give me a few minutes to myself...
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:31 am whenever my 13month old and 4 month old give me a few minutes to myself...
Holy cow, they’re close in age. :shock: You’ve got your hands full. As for a few minutes to yourself, I feel like I didn’t hit that until my kids were around 15 and 18 YEARS! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Drew
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:36 am
ajax87 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:31 am whenever my 13month old and 4 month old give me a few minutes to myself...
Holy cow, they’re close in age. :shock: You’ve got your hands full. As for a few minutes to yourself, I feel like I didn’t hit that until my kids were around 15 and 18 YEARS! :lol: :lol: :lol:
OMG! Check back in 2036 for my strap sale pics then!

They’re 9.5 months apart. They were supposed to be 1 year apart, but the second came suuuper early. Spent 2 months in the NICU. Home and healthy now though.

606DD91B-619C-42EF-88E5-25F30FA13DAF.jpeg
Alex
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:41 am ...Spent 2 months in the NICU. Home and healthy now though.
So glad to hear that! :thumbup:

As for the camel leather strap, I feel Iike that’s the “Little Black Dress” of watch straps - everyone needs one for their CW! And if that Super Compressor happens to be the Deep Blue, it’s going to look outstanding!
Drew
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

Bident wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:54 pm

Thanks, and I should have read your post beforehand. But I think it will all be fine in the end. I usually find wrapping the watch with strap around the stiff pillows from my watch box for a few days helps break the strap in quite a bit.
For what it's worth John, I tried the old "curling the straps in the bottom of a coffee mug and soaking them in boiling hot water" trick with my V1.0 and that seemed to help quite a bit.
I agree with Mikkei4 that it looks superb on the Farer! :clap: :thumbup:
Hope it breaks in soon for you.
cheers
Ian
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:50 am
As for the camel leather strap, I feel Iike that’s the “Little Black Dress” of watch straps - everyone needs one for their CW! And if that Super Compressor happens to be the Deep Blue, it’s going to look outstanding!
Totally agree Andrew on the versatility of the Camel strap and both of your comments!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

They used to have a lovely honey cordovan which appears to be no more.
The gentle colour of the camel with the superb quality of cordovan leather.
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

Tortoise wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:56 am
Bident wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:54 pm

For what it's worth John, I tried the old "curling the straps in the bottom of a coffee mug and soaking them in boiling hot water" trick with my V1.0 and that seemed to help quite a bit.
I agree with Mikkei4 that it looks superb on the Farer! :clap: :thumbup:
Hope it breaks in soon for you.
cheers
Thanks Ian! Good to know the Cordura can withstand boiling water. Might give that a try.
Best regards,
John