Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: C65 sandstorm chronometer - pics?

Post by Richard D »

missF wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:59 am
Richard D wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:03 am
missF wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:32 am I’ve just ordered one out of curiosity :lol:
Insomnia has decimated my bank balance....
I dare not order a watch out of curiosity as I wouldn’t have the heart to send it back.
This is the risk! But I really don’t think I can make s firmer decision on this particular watch until I see it
Begs the question, how many watches are dispatched for curiosity reasons? I guess for an online business they would have factored the returns into their costs.

I must admit with this particular watch I too would want a closer look. I hope you do like it, certainly different.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Leon O wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:03 am Would you consider the Sanstorm dial to have art deco elements?
You know, I hadn't investigated too closely what it was that attracted me about the watch, but perhaps it is an art deco influence that's attracting me to it. It has bold geometry in the series of concentric circles on the dial, and the numbers are perhaps art-deco-y too - I love the split 6 and 9, and the quite tall shaped numbers. The use of colour in the markers is quite bold too. Stainless steel was a new material in the 1930s (according to Wiki anyway!), and this watch features stainless steel on the dial.

Perhaps I'm overthinking all of that but thanks for mentioning it. I am fascinated by the features we find attractive on watches :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
undetterred
Senior
Senior

Post by undetterred »

One of these just sold on eBay for 900, can be had from WW for 870?
Steinhart Ocean 39 vintage red/blue ceramic,Olko edition
C65 Super comp
C60 Trident Pro
C60 Blue LE
Omega Seamaster 300m
Longines Admiral Chronograph
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Ha! There's no accounting for Ebay! :lol:
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

missF wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:00 pm Ha! There's no accounting for Ebay idiots! :lol:
FTFY, Lindsey.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Ironically after reading this thread, just received an email from CW promoting the Sandstorm models and reminding us that there are only a few left on W & W.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Glad I ordered when I did. If I passed I think it would have been a watch that haunted me for just not knowing
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I have one of these and I love it except for the lume (weak)and the date indicator (too small, even with glasses). The design is very appealing. I like Deco and it has some Deco nods. They style suits me well. The size is fine - my smallest watches are 36mm dress - and I have also have a 38mm Trident Vintage.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Thanks thomcat :thumbup:
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Thegreyman wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:02 pm Ironically after reading this thread, just received an email from CW promoting the Sandstorm models and reminding us that there are only a few left on W & W.
44 out of 200 available as of just now. I'd call that a plug rather than last orders at the bar.

You tempted Patrick?

And congratulations Lindsey. Look forward to seeing the photos.
Ryan
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

StrappedUp wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am
Thegreyman wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:02 pm Ironically after reading this thread, just received an email from CW promoting the Sandstorm models and reminding us that there are only a few left on W & W.
44 out of 200 available as of just now. I'd call that a plug rather than last orders at the bar.

You tempted Patrick?

Ryan, I agree and realised "the last few" might be a slight marketing exaggeration!

I am tempted but am trying to not buy any more watches at the moment (and appreciate the adequate number that I already have), it feels like a long time since I bought one, although in reality I bought my BB58 at the end of November which isn't even 3 months ago. I think it is lockdown making that feel like an age :problem: :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Thegreyman wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:26 am I am tempted but am trying to not buy any more watches at the moment (and appreciate the adequate number that I already have), it feels like a long time since I bought one, although in reality I bought my BB58 at the end of November which isn't even 3 months ago. I think it is lockdown making that feel like an age :problem: :lol:
Most definitely. And what better pick-me-up during these trying times than a shiny, new watch!
Ryan
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

StrappedUp wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:39 am And what better pick-me-up during these trying times than a shiny, new watch!
I’m in this house! Lockdown has helped me fully embrace my weirdness ( if not WISness!) Watchy stuff is getting me through the blandness of the times :D
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

StrappedUp wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am

You tempted Patrick?

Seems like they might have had 100 on straps and 100 on bracelet. I just tried to add 100 of each to my cart and I got 43 on strap, 21 on bracelet and 46 of the blackout version.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Yeh, thinking back I only tried the strap version for stock, so even more available as you've highlighted.
Ryan