CW C65 Super Compressor Review

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Leon O
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 7

Re: CW C65 Super Compressor Review

Post by Leon O »

Take it to your local watchmaker and have them put it on a timegrapher. That way you can confirm whether you got a bad movement. Just be sure to specify up front that they must not open the case.
Leon O
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 7

Post by Leon O »

I'd like to add that your vegetable tanned strap looks fantastic on the SC. Would you be kind enough to share the source for the strap.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jkbarnes »

Leon O wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:04 am
I'd like to add that your vegetable tanned strap looks fantastic on the SC. Would you be kind enough to share the source for the strap.
Agreed! That’s a great looking strap.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Wishlist:
C65 Trident GMT Worldtimer
C9 5 Day SS
C61 Trident

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

Leon O wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:50 am
Take it to your local watchmaker and have them put it on a timegrapher. That way you can confirm whether you got a bad movement. Just be sure to specify up front that they must not open the case.
I have my own timegrapher, that's how I know about it's poor accuracy
Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

Leon O wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:04 am
It was a cheap strap purchased on ebay. It looks fantastic, however the quality is poor, and I have now had a refund for it. I am currently negotiotaing on something else.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

however the quality is poor, and I have now had a refund for it. I am currently negotiotaing on something else.
Of course! :lol: I almost did a spit take upon reading this. Let me head over the straps forum to read the review now.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Wishlist:
C9 5 Day SS
C61 Trident

Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

jkbarnes wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:16 pm
however the quality is poor, and I have now had a refund for it. I am currently negotiotaing on something else.
Of course! :lol: I almost did a spit take upon reading this. Let me head over the straps forum to read the review now.
any suggestions on a good strap supplier?
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Wiggles wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:19 pm
jkbarnes wrote:
I guess it would depend on price point. I’ve been pleased with the few I’ve picked up at an inexpensive to moderate price point from Watchgecko and Barton’s. The one Hirsch strap I’ve purchased has been outstanding and worth the price of admission. They now come with quick release pins as standard, I believe. And you can’t go wrong with CW’s offerings.

A number of people one here could recommend some bespoke makers to you (forum members I think?), but I have no experience with them.
Andrew

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Wishlist:
C9 5 Day SS
C61 Trident

JasperCat
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by JasperCat »

jkbarnes wrote:
:lol:
C60 Elite GMT 1000, C65 SH21 LE, C65 Cranwell, C8 Power Reserve, C65 Super Compressor,
C65 Blue Bronze Prototype, C65 Black Gold LE, C65 316L LE, C60 Trident Pro 600 MkII, C5 MMXV FLE

Incoming: C65 AM 2 VEV SE
Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

jkbarnes wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm
Wiggles wrote:
jkbarnes wrote:

I guess it would depend on price point. I’ve been pleased with the few I’ve picked up at an inexpensive to moderate price point from Watchgecko and Barton’s. The one Hirsch strap I’ve purchased has been outstanding and worth the price of admission. They now come with quick release pins as standard, I believe. And you can’t go wrong with CW’s offerings.

A number of people one here could recommend some bespoke makers to you (forum members I think?), but I have no experience with them.
Thanks, I have actually just ordered a vintage Horween strap. Somewhat more expensive than the last one, but looks excellent
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tdIAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/g-4AAOSw ... -l1600.jpg
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Wiggles wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:52 pm
jkbarnes wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm
Wiggles wrote:

Thanks, I have actually just ordered a vintage Horween strap. Somewhat more expensive than the last one, but looks excellent
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tdIAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/g-4AAOSw ... -l1600.jpg
With the Horween I ordered from Barton, I had hoped of higher quality, given its Horween. But at the price point I really can’t complain. It’s my favorite strap at the moment. I’ll have to wait and see how it holds up over time.
Andrew

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Wishlist:
C9 5 Day SS
C61 Trident

Topdude
CW-watches: 0

Post by Topdude »

Thanks for the review!

Since I’m borderline OCD with watches keeping time well within their parameters I’m now only considering the chronometer grade CW.
For the money this timekeeper is rather underwhelming.

But the looks...
Tempus fugit
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^I wouldn't base it on this one review if I were you. Try to gather a wider base of opinion, perhaps?
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Topdude wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Thanks for the review!

Since I’m borderline OCD with watches keeping time well within their parameters I’m now only considering the chronometer grade CW.

But the looks...
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:12 pm
^^^I wouldn't base it on this one review if I were you. Try to gather a wider base of opinion, perhaps?
I have 12 CWs and the max SPD gain is +8s. Definitely worth looking wider than a single review
Macdaz
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 10

Post by Macdaz »

Topdude wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Thanks for the review!

But the looks...
I have ten. Two run at top end of tolerance (+15spd). The rest at the other end. My SC runs at +3spd and my C65 GMT (With a Sellita SW330) runs at +1spd. If you like it, buy it. Nothing to lose. If it runs at +20spd and you can't live with it, you can send it back, no questions asked.
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Orient Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C3Malvern|Seiko Recraft|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|Laco Aachen|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AM GT LE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC