Post by meinberg »

StrapMeister wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:16 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:08 pm
StrapMeister wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 pm
Missed out on this and now the link doesn't work :(
Do you know if they are going to re-issue the page?
Just a load of guesswork going on. My guess is that they’ll fix the issue and rerun the sale. They will still have a bunch on NN straps to sell on.
:thumbup:
...guess it's just a case of reloading the page every few minutes until something appears 8-[
Just watched a YouTube video with Mr France spruking the British watch making industry, maybe he should start with the British IT industry.
Oris, CW, Tag and a few others.
Gar787
Junior
Junior

Re: February '21 - Strap Sale

Post by Gar787 »

Afternoon all.
Vallen has confirmed today what has been stated elsewhere...tech glitch but in the 15 minutes that it ran properly they’ll sold all sale stock!
Regards.
Phil
JAFO
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by JAFO »

That's a shame. never mind.
JasperCat
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by JasperCat »

I suspected as much. I had a feeling the "glitch" was related to stock selling out but not updating the site properly... never mind :?

At least I don't feel quite as bad now having bought 5 straps at full price on Wednesday :lol:
C60 Elite GMT 1000, C65 SH21 LE, C65 Cranwell, C8 Power Reserve, C65 Super Compressor,
C65 Blue Bronze Prototype, C65 Black Gold LE, C65 316L LE, C60 Trident Pro 600 MkII, C5 MMXV FLE

Incoming: No more for now, I have enough!
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Gar787 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:52 pm
Afternoon all.
Vallen has confirmed today what has been stated elsewhere...tech glitch but in the 15 minutes that it ran properly they’ll sold all sale stock!
Regards.
Phil
Thanks for the update, but that really doesn't seem feasible. I had an item in my basket, in my account and hitting refresh button quite regularly!
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jkbarnes »

I never made it to seeing any stock. When I clicked on the link, I got a page saying the search was “null,” or something like that. I wasn’t sure if it was a technical glitch, a UK only sale maybe, or that they sold out super quick. I guess it was a little of options 1 & 3! That’s too bad, as I’m always up for picking up a strap. And CW straps on sale are tremendous value.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Wishlist:
C65 Trident GMT Worldtimer
C9 5 Day SS
C61 Trident

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by StrapMeister »

jkbarnes wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:25 pm
I never made it to seeing any stock. When I clicked on the link, I got a page saying the search was “null,” or something like that. I wasn’t sure if it was a technical glitch, a UK only sale maybe, or that they sold out super quick. I guess it was a little of options 1 & 3! That’s too bad, as I’m always up for picking up a strap. And CW straps on sale are tremendous value.
If it's any consolation, same here!
I had to go in the office yesterday so had no chance!
2011 W5 Matisse Diamond (GF);
2011 FLE C9 (#17);
2012 FLE C60 Trident Pro 600 Red Jag (#65);
2012 C70 DBR1 COSC (#234);
2016 C60 Trident Pro 600 Vintage 43mm;
2018 C65 Trident Diver Bronze SH21 LE Manual (#86);
2019 C9 AM GT Limited Edition (#95).
JasperCat
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by JasperCat »

There were quite a lot on there... quite a few that haven't been seen for a while on the main site (e.g. the brown canvas webbing). They must have sold very quickly indeed :shock:
C60 Elite GMT 1000, C65 SH21 LE, C65 Cranwell, C8 Power Reserve, C65 Super Compressor,
C65 Blue Bronze Prototype, C65 Black Gold LE, C65 316L LE, C60 Trident Pro 600 MkII, C5 MMXV FLE

Incoming: No more for now, I have enough!
Gar787
Junior
Junior

Post by Gar787 »

Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:21 pm
Gar787 wrote:
Afternoon all.
Regards.
Phil
Thanks for the update, but that really doesn't seem feasible. I had an item in my basket, in my account and hitting refresh button quite regularly!
To quote Vallen : ‘ when they were first launched on the website, there was a technical glitch where transactions couldn't be completed, this was quickly resolved and it appears all items sold out within 15 minutes.’ I’m sure the guys who’ve dealt with Vallen will confirm, she is very straight talking and reliable. Chris himself holds/held her in very high esteem. I hope this explains the snag?
nowttolose

Post by nowttolose »

Surprised that there was so much demand for 30% off CW watch straps. Unlike the watches for which 30% off is a great deal.

I like the CW straps I have received over the last month or two of owning a CW, but they are not that special. And 30% off only takes the cheapest strap down to £42.

For example, I can buy a very nice Di Modell jumbo for £15. Ok it doesn’t have quick release, but it is a very nice leather strap all the same. And not that much inferior quality to a CW strap.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Gar787 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:49 pm
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:21 pm
Gar787 wrote:
Afternoon all.
Regards.
Phil
To quote Vallen : ‘ when they were first launched on the website, there was a technical glitch where transactions couldn't be completed, this was quickly resolved and it appears all items sold out within 15 minutes.’ I’m sure the guys who’ve dealt with Vallen will confirm, she is very straight talking and reliable. Chris himself holds/held her in very high esteem. I hope this explains the snag?
Thanks - no doubt on what you were told, but every item of sale stock disappeared in a flash and I was keeping a close eye. Never mind, anyway, no big deal
MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22

Post by MiniMpi »

Gar787 wrote: I’m sure the guys who’ve dealt with Vallen will confirm, she is very straight talking and reliable. Chris himself holds/held her in very high esteem.
Vallen is without doubt a huge asset to CW, really excellent customer service.
Ferg

22 CW watches and a 1934 Rolex 912 'Tank'.

Check out my Instagram @cwwatchenthusiast
OneBrokeCollector

Post by OneBrokeCollector »

I must have missed the boat. 😥
nowttolose

February '21 - Strap Sale

Post by nowttolose »

The nearly new strap clearance sale is back.

https://www.christopherward.com/sale