WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
User avatar
Wiggles
Senior
Senior
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by Wiggles »

Viognier wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:19 pm
Lawrence wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:50 pm

I'd not moan publicly and make my own decision.
^ THIS ! Or whinge elsewhere under the guise of a review
Nooo, when I get bad service I want the world to know about it.
JasperCat
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:43 am
CW-watches: 10
Contact:

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by JasperCat »

Wiggles wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:56 pm
Viognier wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:19 pm
Lawrence wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:50 pm

I'd not moan publicly and make my own decision.
^ THIS ! Or whinge elsewhere under the guise of a review
Nooo, when I get bad service I want the world to know about it.
Unless I missed something else, you haven't actually been given "bad service", you've been given a watch running in spec (Sellita spec not CW), that you have 60 days to return if you don't like it, which is quite generous... I fail to see the "bad" bit here :?

Out of interest, as you mentioned Steinhart for comparison in your review... I checked their site and whilst they mention "Elabore" movements in their premium line, I see no mention of daily rate specs at all. Given that the Sellita spec states +/- 20 secs per day, I presume a Steinhart could ship out the door on +20 and still be acceptable as well :problem:

That's also not a dig at Steinhart either BTW, I happen to think they do an excellent line in Rolex copies (sorry "homage") amongst their divers, and some really nice pilot watches :D
C60 Elite GMT 1000, C65 SH21 LE, C65 Cranwell, C8 Power Reserve, C65 Super Compressor,
C65 Blue Bronze Prototype, C65 Black Gold LE, C65 316L LE, C60 Trident Pro 600 MkII, C5 MMXV FLE

Incoming: C65 AM 2 VEV SE
User avatar
Wiggles
Senior
Senior
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by Wiggles »

JasperCat wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:53 pm
Wiggles wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:56 pm
Viognier wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:19 pm


^ THIS ! Or whinge elsewhere under the guise of a review
Nooo, when I get bad service I want the world to know about it.
Unless I missed something else, you haven't actually been given "bad service", you've been given a watch running in spec (Sellita spec not CW), that you have 60 days to return if you don't like it, which is quite generous... I fail to see the "bad" bit here :?

Out of interest, as you mentioned Steinhart for comparison in your review... I checked their site and whilst they mention "Elabore" movements in their premium line, I see no mention of daily rate specs at all. Given that the Sellita spec states +/- 20 secs per day, I presume a Steinhart could ship out the door on +20 and still be acceptable as well :problem:

That's also not a dig at Steinhart either BTW, I happen to think they do an excellent line in Rolex copies (sorry "homage") amongst their divers, and some really nice pilot watches :D
Fair comment, but my two Steinhart watches run within +2spd, and if I wasn't happy I know Chronomaster would sort things out.

Yes, I Know the CW runs in spec, but just. At present it is +20spd, and just one more second I would have redress. Once more, I am not complaining they haven't met their contractual obligation, but that isn't the same as offering good customer service, If you buy an item form a shop and decide you don't like it, take it back and then are denied a refund, the shop is acting within the law. If the same shop gives you a refund, they have offered good customer service. I can not return the watch, even though I don't want to, because I paid extra and bought it from a third party seller. In fact, I didn't even ask them to regulate it for me, I simply asked if there is an issue removing the back because of the spring, and they refused to tell me.
User avatar
A1soknownas
Expert
Expert
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by A1soknownas »

So after all the feedback and time taken by people to respond, what have you decided to do?
StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: South Wales

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by StrappedUp »

Wiggles wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:33 am
CW have told me they won't touch it unless I part with more cash, which I consider dreadful customer service, and they have told me that if I regulate it myself (which I can do very easily) the warranty will be voided. I know I can return the watch, but ad I love the design, I just don't want to.
Wiggles wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:17 pm
I can not return the watch, even though I don't want to, because I paid extra and bought it from a third party seller. In fact, I didn't even ask them to regulate it for me, I simply asked if there is an issue removing the back because of the spring, and they refused to tell me.
So which is it??

Time to crawl back under the bridge now :thumbdown:
exHowfener
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by exHowfener »

I'm finding it difficult to see where you have received "bad service": You have bought a product that works as the manufacturer said hat it would work. You aren't happy about that and feel that it could work better. In this aspect you are right, it could - but it does work as described. It isn't faulty, it works as described. And because it works as described (within specification), CW won't adjust it for free. To most people (so far) their position is reasonable, and as a result,you don't seem to be getting the sympathy you feel you deserve from CW or the forum.

Not getting all your own way isn't "bad service", it's life.
User avatar
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
Posts: 31342
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:45 pm
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by Kip »

I must admit I am a little confused here Wiggles.

I noticed on WatchUSeek that there is a similar topic "So What Would You do?" that is similar to what you posted here.

I also notice a C65 Review similar to the one you posted here.

I don't know if WatchUSeek allows multiple names, but it certainly looks like it, so I am making an assumption that INAMINUTE, Mrs. Wiggles and Wiggles are all one and the same. If not, it is one strange coincidence and I apologize.

That said, on Page 6 of "So What Would You do?" it is stated..
A well written and very true post. Regards a return, it isn't that simple. These watches went on sale in the January sale, and were heavily discounted. I bought one from someone making a quick buck, therefore, I would have to send it back to the guy I purchased it from, who would probably tell me to get stuffed. Anyway, I have no intention on doing so, even if the watch isn't very good at carrying out its role of keeping time
I am sorry, but the arguments end here.

While I agree that it is preferable for a movement to operate within tighter tolerances, it is clearly stated the the Sellita SW200-1 has a tolerance of +/- 20 sec p/day. By the way, CW orders the movement as a SW200-1 Special (Elabore) with incabloc. This is the ETA 2824-2 equivalent.

It is clearly stated that despite the watch not keeping time to your expectations (which are not CW's responsibility) you are clearly disappointed in their customer service, which again, does not live up to your expectations (again, not CW's responsibility). Why, because they won't adjust a watch that is within specs that you did not purchase from them, a fact seemingly omitted on this forum, unless I missed it. Regardless of what you think the watch is not new. The watch was bought from a third party. This alone disqualifies it as new and it is certainly not CW's responsibility to do anything, regardless of your own expectations.

I spent over 50 years in the retail/service sector and am very familiar with levels of customer service or lack of. While it would be nice if CW would make some adjustments for you foc, I think bad mouthing them, especially under the current restrictive worldwide working conditions and their service dept. being closed is way out of line for a watch you did not buy from them and that is fully functional.

Time to suck it up and either negotiate a return to the seller, get it fixed, or live with it. Whining on two forums is not going to help. It is a great watch. You decide.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"


Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
User avatar
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2541
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by jkbarnes »

Kip wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:32 pm
I must admit I am a little confused here Wiggles.

I noticed on WatchUSeek that there is a similar topic "So What Would You do?" that is similar to what you posted here.

I also notice a C65 Review similar to the one you posted here.

I don't know if WatchUSeek allows multiple names, but it certainly looks like it, so I am making an assumption that INAMINUTE, Mrs. Wiggles and Wiggles are all one and the same. If not, it is one strange coincidence and I apologize.

That said, on Page 6 of "So What Would You do?" it is stated..
A well written and very true post. Regards a return, it isn't that simple. These watches went on sale in the January sale, and were heavily discounted. I bought one from someone making a quick buck, therefore, I would have to send it back to the guy I purchased it from, who would probably tell me to get stuffed. Anyway, I have no intention on doing so, even if the watch isn't very good at carrying out its role of keeping time
I am sorry, but the arguments end here.

While I agree that it is preferable for a movement to operate within tighter tolerances, it is clearly stated the the Sellita SW200-1 has a tolerance of +/- 20 sec p/day. By the way, CW orders the movement as a SW200-1 Special (Elabore) with incabloc. This is the ETA 2824-2 equivalent.

It is clearly stated that despite the watch not keeping time to your expectations (which are not CW's responsibility) you are clearly disappointed in their customer service, which again, does not live up to your expectations (again, not CW's responsibility). Why, because they won't adjust a watch that is within specs that you did not purchase from them, a fact seemingly omitted on this forum, unless I missed it. Regardless of what you think the watch is not new. The watch was bought from a third party. This alone disqualifies it as new and it is certainly not CW's responsibility to do anything, regardless of your own expectations.

I spent over 50 years in the retail/service sector and am very familiar with levels of customer service or lack of. While it would be nice if CW would make some adjustments for you foc, I think bad mouthing them, especially under the current restrictive worldwide working conditions and their service dept. being closed is way out of line for a watch you did not buy from them and that is fully functional.

Time to suck it up and either negotiate a return to the seller, get it fixed, or live with it. Whining on two forums is not going to help. It is a great watch. You decide.
...and here endeth the lesson.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Wishlist:
C65 Trident GMT Worldtimer
C9 5 Day SS
C61 Trident


Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
JasperCat
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:43 am
CW-watches: 10
Contact:

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by JasperCat »

^^^ What Kip said :clap:
C60 Elite GMT 1000, C65 SH21 LE, C65 Cranwell, C8 Power Reserve, C65 Super Compressor,
C65 Blue Bronze Prototype, C65 Black Gold LE, C65 316L LE, C60 Trident Pro 600 MkII, C5 MMXV FLE

Incoming: C65 AM 2 VEV SE
User avatar
Wiggles
Senior
Senior
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by Wiggles »

jkbarnes wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:56 pm
Kip wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:32 pm
I must admit I am a little confused here Wiggles.

I noticed on WatchUSeek that there is a similar topic "So What Would You do?" that is similar to what you posted here.

I also notice a C65 Review similar to the one you posted here.

I don't know if WatchUSeek allows multiple names, but it certainly looks like it, so I am making an assumption that INAMINUTE, Mrs. Wiggles and Wiggles are all one and the same. If not, it is one strange coincidence and I apologize.

That said, on Page 6 of "So What Would You do?" it is stated..
A well written and very true post. Regards a return, it isn't that simple. These watches went on sale in the January sale, and were heavily discounted. I bought one from someone making a quick buck, therefore, I would have to send it back to the guy I purchased it from, who would probably tell me to get stuffed. Anyway, I have no intention on doing so, even if the watch isn't very good at carrying out its role of keeping time
I am sorry, but the arguments end here.

While I agree that it is preferable for a movement to operate within tighter tolerances, it is clearly stated the the Sellita SW200-1 has a tolerance of +/- 20 sec p/day. By the way, CW orders the movement as a SW200-1 Special (Elabore) with incabloc. This is the ETA 2824-2 equivalent.

It is clearly stated that despite the watch not keeping time to your expectations (which are not CW's responsibility) you are clearly disappointed in their customer service, which again, does not live up to your expectations (again, not CW's responsibility). Why, because they won't adjust a watch that is within specs that you did not purchase from them, a fact seemingly omitted on this forum, unless I missed it. Regardless of what you think the watch is not new. The watch was bought from a third party. This alone disqualifies it as new and it is certainly not CW's responsibility to do anything, regardless of your own expectations.

I spent over 50 years in the retail/service sector and am very familiar with levels of customer service or lack of. While it would be nice if CW would make some adjustments for you foc, I think bad mouthing them, especially under the current restrictive worldwide working conditions and their service dept. being closed is way out of line for a watch you did not buy from them and that is fully functional.

Time to suck it up and either negotiate a return to the seller, get it fixed, or live with it. Whining on two forums is not going to help. It is a great watch. You decide.
...and here endeth the lesson.
You obviously didn't read my last post. My email to them was simply asking the consequence of opening the back up. RE: the compressor spring. They refused to tell me in order they could get some cash out of me. In my opinion they had two options
1) Regulate it for free, or with a good discount
2) Tell me what I asked, and then inform me at it would invalidate the guarantee.

All they did was to tell me it would invalidate the guarantee. Sorry, regardless of stated accuracy, no watch costing that much should leave the factory any more inaccurate than +10/-5spd, but I appreciate that's just my opinion
User avatar
Clach77
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:40 am
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
Location: Wasting time on here.

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by Clach77 »

So why did you seek opinions here? You clearly have your own opinion and plan to stick to it. No amount of, in my view sensible, advice is going to change your mind. So there would appear to be no point in any further point in discussing the issue.

Unless of course this kind of thread is really what you enjoy?
Trying not to buy any more watches...
User avatar
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1844
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 4
Location: Alpenvorland

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by H0rati0 »

I'm done here. :datz:
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
User avatar
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2541
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by jkbarnes »

jkbarnes wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:44 pm
Sorry, but I think we’re being trolled.
I stand by my earlier comment.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Wishlist:
C65 Trident GMT Worldtimer
C9 5 Day SS
C61 Trident


Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
JasperCat
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:43 am
CW-watches: 10
Contact:

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by JasperCat »

jkbarnes wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:48 pm
jkbarnes wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:44 pm
Sorry, but I think we’re being trolled.
I stand by my earlier comment.
Agreed... there's only so much help and advice you can provide really :problem:

Over and out :lol:
C60 Elite GMT 1000, C65 SH21 LE, C65 Cranwell, C8 Power Reserve, C65 Super Compressor,
C65 Blue Bronze Prototype, C65 Black Gold LE, C65 316L LE, C60 Trident Pro 600 MkII, C5 MMXV FLE

Incoming: C65 AM 2 VEV SE
User avatar
Wiggles
Senior
Senior
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by Wiggles »

Clach77 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:28 pm
So why did you seek opinions here? You clearly have your own opinion and plan to stick to it. No amount of, in my view sensible, advice is going to change your mind. So there would appear to be no point in any further point in discussing the issue.

Unless of course this kind of thread is really what you enjoy?
You are right. People of this forum are members because they are big fans of CW. I suppose it's the same as me marching into a church and slagging off Jesus, it's not going to work, is it?

I take it all back, +20spd is fantastic, receiving curt replies from customer service is acceptable, and not giving me the information I requested is just brilliant. You won and I lost :wave:
Locked