That super compressor

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
sjbroadhead
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Re: That super compressor

Post by sjbroadhead »

Novice question. Is the bracelet on the SC the same one used for my C65 SH21 Trident LE?

I’m not wearing the bracelet much for the SH21 so would save me buying it again.

I’m preparing myself for the inevitable purchase of this in Deep Blue this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

sjbroadhead wrote:Novice question. Is the bracelet on the SC the same one used for my C65 SH21 Trident LE?

I’m not wearing the bracelet much for the SH21 so would save me buying it again.

I’m preparing myself for the inevitable purchase of this in Deep Blue this year.

Same bracelet BUT different fitted ends. It won't fit.

Your C65 SH21 has a curved profile to the case between the lugs, whereas the C65 Super Compressor is straight.

Good idea, but fallen at the first hurdle.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
sjbroadhead
Expert
Expert

Post by sjbroadhead »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
sjbroadhead wrote:Novice question. Is the bracelet on the SC the same one used for my C65 SH21 Trident LE?

Same bracelet BUT different fitted ends. It won't fit.

Your C65 SH21 has a curved profile to the case between the lugs, whereas the C65 Super Compressor is straight.

Good idea, but fallen at the first hurdle.

Guy

Doh! Thanks for the quick response. Looks like it’s getting bought on the steel then!

Davy Crockett
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Davy Crockett »

I will admit that when the SC was released I wasn't that impressed or indeed interested... just didn't do it for me.
However, having read the this thread and seeing photos on CWL of the day of it in (virtual) real life, it really is growing on me... and I MUST stop listening to the voices :shock: [-(
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Ian Mc »

Davy Crockett wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:39 am I will admit that when the SC was released I wasn't that impressed or indeed interested... just didn't do it for me.
However, having read the this thread and seeing photos on CWL of the day of it in (virtual) real life, it really is growing on me... and I MUST stop listening to the voices :shock: [-(
You may as well give in now and buy one, you know its inevitable.
Some pics of mine to help you😁
IMG_20210117_105630.jpg
IMG_20210117_105610.jpg
IMG_20210117_105559.jpg
Time keeps on slipping into the future
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

. . . . .but wait until the next £100 off voucher is out, probably around the end of the month, timed with the next issue of Loupe. #CovidPermitting

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

One thing that photos don't seem to show effectively is just how much the raised indices catch the light and sparkle as the watch moves around... really stunning :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I too have joined the 'misaligned text' SC club.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Post by widge34 »

Does every SC watch have the misaligned text? Not sure I could live with that.
Have sent many dive watches back because the rotating bezel doesn't quite line up
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

widge34 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:49 pm Does every SC watch have the misaligned text? Not sure I could live with that.
Have sent many dive watches back because the rotating bezel doesn't quite line up
I think all (or certainly most) of these black sand variants in the sale do have the misaligned text. The two blue variants seem to have been fixed (new stock).

Given the size, colour and location, I can barely see the text let alone notice the misalignment in normal use. This is not as annoying as a misaligned bezel would be (at least to me).

You always have the option to return within 60 days if it does bother you :thumbup:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I have one of the black sand with the misaligned text. In real life, on the wrist, you can't tell that the text is misaligned at all. If you have better than 20/20 or human macro vision you might tell but for normal mortals it just looks like dial text.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I’m really hoping mine had misaligned text. It’s twisted I know but it’s my slightly warped perspective on this.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Seems that finally, the black sand Super Compressor has sold out on the CW sale... unless more stock drops this week 🤔
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
jesierras
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by jesierras »

JasperCat wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:51 am Seems that finally, the black sand Super Compressor has sold out on the CW sale... unless more stock drops this week 🤔
We are fickle sometimes. I think that because there was an abundance of these during the sale, they were taken for granted. I have a feeling these are going to become more desirable in a few years. Not really as an investment but more of a “I wish I would have bought one during the sale”. I am blown away by the quality and design of this watch.
cw Bunches
OMEGA Speedmaster Professional MOTFM
Too Many now to count
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

I strongly considered getting one of the closeout SCs, but there were a few issues I couldn't get past. First was the appearance of the white inner bezel which to me makes the watch look cheap, so the dark blue was the only option I thought really had a top class look. Second was that it seems kind of pointless to me to go to all the trouble of manufacturing a true SC to then have it only 150m rated and with no screw down crowns. Even more so when your standard C60 diver is rated at 600m. Glad that so many of the buyers are very pleased with it and find it such an enjoyable watch to own!