Page 39 of 55

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:02 pm
by Bahnstormer_vRS
SlowLoris wrote:Why does a 'nearly new' item cost more than the same 'watch with 40% off I wonder?
. . . . because a Nearly New item is only 30% discount.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk


Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm
by willttqs
I received my elite prototype today, which was a pleasant surprise. Interesting on the warranty card it says 'nearly new' which is good as it shows that it would have been discounted.

I will upload images shortly, but I am really struggling to see what is different about it other than having a serial number of 0000. I am sure in the initial blurb it talked about a white logo, but i cannot see it being any different really.

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:53 pm
by willttqs
Images of my new watch.

rOBt0XlPRPG3kE1MWlx0wA.jpg
H9v+PKWeTQ2o%rcZkbwO9w.jpg
dHUNZnsnS+WfeZvD1XrOdg.jpg

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:47 pm
by audio.bill
willttqs wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm
I received my elite prototype today, which was a pleasant surprise. Interesting on the warranty card it says 'nearly new' which is good as it shows that it would have been discounted.

I will upload images shortly, but I am really struggling to see what is different about it other than having a serial number of 0000. I am sure in the initial blurb it talked about a white logo, but i cannot see it being any different really.
Your watch doesn't have the twin-flags logo on the dial in white (it's ghosted), while the main image of this model's product page does and is also mentioned in its description.

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:48 pm
by MarkingTime
exHowfener wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:25 pm
Maybe I should list mine on eBay as a prototype?
Most ebay sellers go for "Rare" ... often quite amusing to see how many 'rare' things there are in a list.
Don't knock it, it seems to work. Plenty of "rare" watches sold.

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:01 pm
by JasperCat
Well, despite being in the full flush of adoration for my gorgeous new C8 Power Reserve which arrived today, and the imminent arrival of a C65 Super Compressor, I was again tempted by the latest re-stock of the sale this afternoon... this time a C65 Black Gold LE :D

I was going to get the blue C65 Trident Diver back in the sale in July/August, but bought my C65 Cranwell instead, so the model has always appealed, but this colour combination seems particularly classy and the black tropic strap also works with the C65 SC too :thumbup:

In the space of a week, I have gone from 2 CW watches to 5... have I gone mad, or is this normal :lol:

I did get in pretty quick, but hopefully this model wasn't oversold, there was also a NN one as well :?

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 20.23.55.png

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:19 pm
by willttqs
audio.bill wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:47 pm
willttqs wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm
I received my elite prototype today, which was a pleasant surprise. Interesting on the warranty card it says 'nearly new' which is good as it shows that it would have been discounted.

I will upload images shortly, but I am really struggling to see what is different about it other than having a serial number of 0000. I am sure in the initial blurb it talked about a white logo, but i cannot see it being any different really.
Your watch doesn't have the twin-flags logo on the dial in white (it's ghosted), while the main image of this model's product page does and is also mentioned in its description.
That is a different watch to mine, but I am sure in the original information of it, it did say the flags were white at 12.

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:33 pm
by Bedrock
willttqs wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:19 pm
audio.bill wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:47 pm
willttqs wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm
I received my elite prototype today, which was a pleasant surprise. Interesting on the warranty card it says 'nearly new' which is good as it shows that it would have been discounted.

I will upload images shortly, but I am really struggling to see what is different about it other than having a serial number of 0000. I am sure in the initial blurb it talked about a white logo, but i cannot see it being any different really.
Your watch doesn't have the twin-flags logo on the dial in white (it's ghosted), while the main image of this model's product page does and is also mentioned in its description.
That is a different watch to mine, but I am sure in the original information of it, it did say the flags were white at 12.
You might be able to find it on these screenshots that what-time-is-it took of the original sale:

screencapture-christopherward-sale-2021-01-06-12-48-32.png
screencapture-christopherward-sale-2021-01-06-12-48-32-2.png

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:49 pm
by rkovars
I see two that stand out to me. Row 21 has a 600 Pro listed as NN and has a white twin flag. There is also a Trident Titanium #1 in row 52 also listed as NN with a white twin flag.

As a side note that C65 Trident Auto with the white face and black indexes and hands is awesome. Whoever snagged that is a happy camper I bet!

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:21 pm
by audio.bill
rkovars wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:49 pm
As a side note that C65 Trident Auto with the white face and black indexes and hands is awesome. Whoever snagged that is a happy camper I bet!
I recall seeing a very disappointed post from the buyer of that one, finding the dial to be silver rather than white and that it was going to be returned. So you may get an opportunity in the future to pick that one up if it still interests you.

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 pm
by Robotaz
JasperCat wrote:...my gorgeous new C8 Power Reserve which arrived today...
I hate you!

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:41 pm
by Lawrence
I hope that C60 bronze trident with the blue face and blue bezel makes it way into the regular line up, it's a really nice looking watch.

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:51 pm
by JasperCat
Robotaz wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 pm
JasperCat wrote:...my gorgeous new C8 Power Reserve which arrived today...
I hate you!
If it helps mine was steel not DLC... I really hope another DLC C8 comes up on the sale for you :thumbup:

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:58 pm
by Lawrence
I feel that this sale should be titled "Al Deere's Super Compressor Sale"

:D

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 am
by SlowLoris
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:02 pm
SlowLoris wrote:Why does a 'nearly new' item cost more than the same 'watch with 40% off I wonder?
. . . . because a Nearly New item is only 30% discount.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Right but that doesn't answer my question as to *why* a nearly new has a 30% discount and a new has a 40% discount when it is the *same watch*.