CW January ‘21 Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tralls
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 10

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Post by tralls »

Yeah, I'll shoot them an email (might be sold by the time they see it though). I wish it had been 1000m. That would have made the He valve seem a bit more useful. Still, a lovely watch.
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

I see ebay has another £1 per sale offer on, out come another load of sale watches.

I think these two might be a bit hopeful. Anyone bold enough to buy it now and then cancel after the £1 offer ends

2D773331-AC6B-47A0-A6FD-96CC0D1CAAFD.png
E4F7830D-38B3-47BB-BA92-37F84E40A9D9.png
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photos 'Placed in Line' - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55242
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

Mike2795647 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:56 pm I see ebay has another £1 per sale offer on, out come another load of sale watches.

I think these two might be a bit hopeful. Anyone bold enough to buy it now and then cancel after the £1 offer ends
After you! :)
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
EndTimes
CW-watches: 1

Post by EndTimes »

Mike2795647 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:50 pm
EndTimes wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:29 pm
Bident wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:13 pm Managed to get the 40mm C60 blue dial/blue bezel. Have had my eye on it for a while.
I just bought the 38 mm red/black C60, my first "Swiss" watch! Cheers
Congrats, enjoy it when it arrives. If it was the one I saw at about £350 ish on a bracelet then that’s a superb deal for a great watch
Thanks! Actually it's a brand new one, not used or refurb, was $579. I love it, it's awesome. I took a couple links out and it fits great.
Trident C60 Pro 600 38mm black/red
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

Mike2795647 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:56 pm Anyone SAD enough to buy it now and then cancel after the £1 offer ends
Fixed that for you ;)
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

Now watching to see how they get on
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

You may remember from a few pages back that a kind soul on the forum helped me get a C8 Power Reserve after I missed out in the sale. Well, it has now arrived! And here it is:

And the kind soul was Guy (Bahnstormer_vRS) was was willing to sell me his. It's in absolutely pristine condition and I love it! Thank you Guy! :) :thumbup:

I've admired this model since it was launched several years ago, but dithered because I thought it might be too large and because it doesn't have a steel bracelet option. I get an allergic reaction to leather, so tend to favour bracelets, but the rubber-backed Hirsch performance straps are a "get out of jail card" for me and I've now put one of those (the "James") on it. I also got a C65 SH21 just over a year ago, thinking that would tick the "SH21 Power Reserve" box and with a smaller case and steel bracelet. And it did. But no-one told my brain that you can't have more than one SH21 Power Reserve watch, so here we are! :) My brain justifies the difference as one being an automatic and the other being handwound!

Many thanks again to Guy. You're a star.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

welshlad wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:57 am You may remember from a few pages back that a kind soul on the forum helped me get a C8 Power Reserve after I missed out in the sale. Well, it has now arrived! And here it is:

And the kind soul was Guy (Bahnstormer_vRS) was was willing to sell me his. It's in absolutely pristine condition and I love it! Thank you Guy! :) :thumbup:

I've admired this model since it was launched several years ago, but dithered because I thought it might be too large and because it doesn't have a steel bracelet option. I get an allergic reaction to leather, so tend to favour bracelets, but the rubber-backed Hirsch performance straps are a "get out of jail card" for me and I've now put one of those (the "James") on it. I also got a C65 SH21 just over a year ago, thinking that would tick the "SH21 Power Reserve" box and with a smaller case and steel bracelet. And it did. But no-one told my brain that you can't have more than one SH21 Power Reserve watch, so here we are! :) My brain justifies the difference as one being an automatic and the other being handwound!

Awesome, looks stunning... welcome to the C8 PR club :clap:

Been wearing mine most days since getting it (other sale watches permitting) and it's holding a solid -2 secs p/d consistently, even when I let the power reserve go down to 2 days :thumbup:

For SH21, I think the more the merrier... I'm also now thinking along the SH21 automatic route to complement the hand wound... but that's later, too many watches bought this last few weeks, so want to enjoy them first.

Thanks to Guy for his kind gesture, there's a lot of that around both here and on CWE, as I'm finding :D
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

A power reserve is a very useful complication isn't it. The watch looks super in both the steel and the black case. Just a matter of taste.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

And in another act of generosity... Kev, a lovely chap from over on the CWE(FB) has very kindly sold me a watch he acquired recently from another member, which very much complements two watches I also recently bought... the C65 Black Gold and C65 316L LE (yellow) :thumbup:

It's this one... a C65 Blue Bronze prototype (Serial 0000)... very much looking forward to having this trio of C65 hand wind Tridents together in the collection, as I was missing a blue face and indeed a bronze watch :D

Photos from Kev (thanks)... mine to follow when it arrives...

141486355_10223167626116883_2356696082097352590_o.jpg
141441419_10223167621876777_1333977574223306740_o.jpg
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

welshlad wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:57 am You may remember from a few pages back that a kind soul on the forum helped me get a C8 Power Reserve after I missed out in the sale. Well, it has now arrived! And here it is:

Nice that you could join us Steve and so very generous of Guy to hand his on within the forum. :group3g:

I too thought about acquiring an C65 SH21 - a blue beauty - but finally decided against as dial layouts are very similar, while the C8 ticks all the boxes for me being bigger and more legible all round. Plus, the C8 multi layer dial really is glorious.

nik
IMG_1061.jpeg
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

It’s odd that the order “tracking” page doesn’t actually track orders at all. That’s great that it was shipped, but where is the tracking number? lol
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Robotaz wrote:It’s odd that the order “tracking” page doesn’t actually track orders at all. That’s great that it was shipped, but where is the tracking number? lol
Usually the Tracking number, for DPD / DHL, is on the dispatched email sent to you by CW (assuming you've received one).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Robotaz wrote:It’s odd that the order “tracking” page doesn’t actually track orders at all. That’s great that it was shipped, but where is the tracking number? lol
Usually the Tracking number, for DPD / DHL, is on the dispatched email sent to you by CW (assuming you've received one).

Guy

Neither of the watches I bought had a tracking email sent. Both got order confirmation emails and one got a “how to track your order” email. No tracking numbers.

If I was very busy and needed to know when to be home it would be a big hassle, but fortunately right now I’m always home for the most part.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Guy

The links haven't always worked for orders from the recent sales. Only the two straps and the recent C65 316L order worked for me. In addition, the links won't go live until DPD/DHL have actually picked it up and scanned it at their depot. The dood news is that they are all turning up ok :thumbup:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King