CW January ‘21 Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

CW January ‘21 Sale

Post by TheBeatles »

As Lord Tennyson wrote in Locksley Hall:- “In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love”

So in late December, CW fans lightly turn to thoughts of the Jan sale.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Post by stefs »

And does anyone know when the feeding frenzy is due to start?
Cheers now, Paul
ROBBIE70

Post by ROBBIE70 »

If I buy a watch at full price and it's then cheaper in the sale a few days later, can I return the watch for a full RRP refund and then re-purchase another at the discounted price? Or could I contact the company for a refund of the difference to avoid the returns hassle (for both parties)?
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

ROBBIE70 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:59 pm If I buy a watch at full price and it's then cheaper in the sale a few days later, can I return the watch for a full RRP refund and then re-purchase another at the discounted price? Or could I contact the company for a refund of the difference to avoid the returns hassle (for both parties)?
CW treat them as separate transactions, so you’d need to return one and buy another. Bit frustrating as a customer, but it must be satisfying some accounting requirements for CW
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

ROBBIE70 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:59 pm If I buy a watch at full price and it's then cheaper in the sale a few days later, can I return the watch for a full RRP refund and then re-purchase another at the discounted price? Or could I contact the company for a refund of the difference to avoid the returns hassle (for both parties)?
Buy the sale watch to make sure you have it and then you can return the watch bought at full price for a full refund within 60days of purchase (provided you have not worn this watch!)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

stefs wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:48 pm And does anyone know when the feeding frenzy is due to start?
That's something they don't even tell the Admin Team! You just need to be around when it starts or respond quickly to the "exclusive preview" email.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

My guess is it'll start soon - especially with so many people now stuck at home in Tier 4 wanting to cheer themselves up!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by CBMVic20 »

There are three things that are assured during the Jan sale:

1. The good stuff will get hoovered up quickly
2. The website will crash / glitch
3. Sale watches will begin to popup like toadstools on eBay usually with inflated prices
CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

^^^^^
I’d echo the same, except in a different order. I’d go for 2, 1, 3...

It won’t stop me from trying to source and bag a SINGLE watch that is next on my wish list!

Keep safe,

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

3. Sale watches will begin to popup like toadstools on eBay usually with inflated prices
You are so right. I've said it before and will repeat it here - I don't know why they don't follow the business model, cut out the middle man (or woman) and sell direct on eBay. There's still watches on eBay, being sold as 'new' from the summer sale.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
medtech71
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by medtech71 »

CBMVic20 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:59 pm There are three things that are assured during the Jan sale:

Still be easier than getting a PS5...
Rolex DateJust 126300 slate grey dial, Rolex 216570 Explorer II Polar, Rolex 16610 Submariner, Omega AT small seconds 2 tone, CW Worldtimer, Seiko Cocktail time, Hamilton Jazzmaster, Orient USA white
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

medtech71 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:33 am
CBMVic20 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:59 pm There are three things that are assured during the Jan sale:

Still be easier than getting a PS5...
Or the new graphics card I’ve been trying to track down for almost a month now. My son will be unwrapping a pic of it when we celebrate Christmas on Monday.
Drew
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Well, I know what I would like, so hopefully .....
ROBBIE70

Post by ROBBIE70 »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:03 pm
CW treat them as separate transactions, so you’d need to return one and buy another. Bit frustrating as a customer, but it must be satisfying some accounting requirements for CW
Cheers.
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

Also don't forget, for weeks after the sale, there will be many many "Nearly New" watches that CW will list on the site tgat people pulled the trigger on and decided it wasn't what they wanted. I missed the July sale, but I picked up 3 great NN watches right after at really good prices.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk