CW January ‘21 Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Post by willttqs »

rkovars wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:49 pm I see two that stand out to me. Row 21 has a 600 Pro listed as NN and has a white twin flag. There is also a Trident Titanium #1 in row 52 also listed as NN with a white twin flag.

As a side note that C65 Trident Auto with the white face and black indexes and hands is awesome. Whoever snagged that is a happy camper I bet!

I got an email back and it does say in the blurb that it should have the twin flags in white. I really had hoped it would. I am thinking of returning it, as I have had an elite GMT before that I probably prefer, but I really wanted the space at the 12 to be filled in a bit more.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

I broke down and got the blue C3 Grand Tourer on mesh. I think it’s very attractive and I’ve been on a quartz kick lately. I love mesh on divers, so willing to give this a try. Seems like a great value at $285.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:26 am I broke down and got the blue C3 Grand Tourer on mesh. I think it’s very attractive and I’ve been on a quartz kick lately. I love mesh on divers, so willing to give this a try. Seems like a great value at $285.
Those are nice looking watches, and really good value with the mesh :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

JasperCat wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:26 am I broke down and got the blue C3 Grand Tourer on mesh. I think it’s very attractive and I’ve been on a quartz kick lately. I love mesh on divers, so willing to give this a try. Seems like a great value at $285.
I also have several million spare straps lying around to use with it if I don’t mesh with the mesh. ;)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I saw some photos of this last night on the CWE and it is a really stunning watch, fantastic shade of blue.
Pity it's too small for what I find acceptable.
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

audio.bill wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:21 pm
rkovars wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:49 pm As a side note that C65 Trident Auto with the white face and black indexes and hands is awesome. Whoever snagged that is a happy camper I bet!
I recall seeing a very disappointed post from the buyer of that one, finding the dial to be silver rather than white and that it was going to be returned. So you may get an opportunity in the future to pick that one up if it still interests you.
Any idea who this was, I’m after one of the 40mm ones and missed it in the sale
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Mike2795647 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:15 am
I saw the original post too. Search for silver. There aren't too many posts come up, and it should be easy to find. I'm on my phone rather than pc, and it's easier to do this on a pc, I think.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:17 am
JasperCat wrote:
I also have several million spare straps lying around to use with it if I don’t mesh with the mesh. ;)
Given that those mesh bracelets are £165 on CW, if you don't "mesh" with it, I would imagine you easily resell it for a reasonable price too :thumbup:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

rkovars wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:49 pm As a side note that C65 Trident Auto with the white face and black indexes and hands is awesome. Whoever snagged that is a happy camper I bet!
I recall seeing a very disappointed post from the buyer of that one, finding the dial to be silver rather than white and that it was going to be returned. So you may get an opportunity in the future to pick that one up if it still interests you.
Think it was Jon (jtc)
Ryan
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Out of interest the CW mesh bracelets look like they have a clasp closure, rather than a sort of infinitely adjustable clamp, as you see on italian mesh bracelets. If so you will probably find you need tools to size them. Can anyone confirm this, please?
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

I collected my C65 Trident Diver 316L LE from my collection point just there.
Looks fantastic ! :D 8)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

StrappedUp wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:37 am
Think it was Jon (jtc)
Yep, it's still pending a return to CW. It's 42mm I think? Just a standard C65 but with the silver/white dial and black markers/hands.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

JAFO wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:56 am Out of interest the CW mesh bracelets look like they have a clasp closure, rather than a sort of infinitely adjustable clamp, as you see on italian mesh bracelets. If so you will probably find you need tools to size them. Can anyone confirm this, please?
Yes, you will need to use one of those pin removal/insertion tools to take out or add links. I had to do the same with mine.

I ended up switching back to 20mm leather straps, as this is for a dress watch, that works better for me anyway :thumbup:

That reminds me, I should probably sell that mesh bracelet on...
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

MiniMpi wrote:I collected my C65 Trident Diver 316L LE from my collection point just there.
Looks fantastic ! :D 8)
Top notch Ferg. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I had a DPD delivery about an hour ago that ought to be suitable for #FliegerFriday. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:14 am I had a DPD delivery about an hour ago that ought to be suitable for #FliegerFriday. :wink:

Guy
Oooooh ! Excellent 8)