CW January ‘21 Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
carlt69
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Post by carlt69 »

So reality hit and I’ve decided to keep the chrono and this one is going back unless someone here wants it?

Tudor BB Blue
Tudor Pelagos :D
BALL Fireman Storm Chaser Pro
CWL C60 Trident Pro
Vostok Europe Almaz Bronze
Casio G-Shock x 2
Tissot T-Touch Expert Titanium
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

JAFO wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:06 pm
Clach77 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:52 pm My 42mm Bronze C60 prototype arrived today. Sadly the wrong one.

The one I thought that I’d ordered had a bronze bezel, much like the 40mm version. Sadly the one I received has a blue, I assume ceramic, bezel. Did anyone get it wrong the other way round? :lol:

Ah well, these things happen.
Do you not like it? I saw a bronze with a blue bezel and thought who good it looked.
Not as much as I the one I ordered. :lol:
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Clach77 »

I’ve now had time to check over my other sale purchase. I’m very happy with this one. An all black case C60 prototype.

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Clach77 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:52 pm I’ve now had time to check over my other sale purchase. I’m very happy with this one. An all black case C60 prototype.

That looks really cool, Alex. :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

There's something about a unique prototype. :wink:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
scrw
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by scrw »

Well very annoyingly my new C60 300 Chrono has arrived with a none working second hand, actually need to confirm the rest of the hands are working so just set it now. The chrono second sweep hand is working :(
Steve

C4 Peregrine Chronograph
C5 Battle of Britain (70) 6B/159 Automatic
C60 Orange & Black
C60 Red
C60 White
C60 Chronograph Orange & Black
C70 VW COSC
C7 Rapide
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Clach77 »

Cheers Guy. Yes, something nice about a prototype. :D
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

TShakespeare wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:49 pm Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum but have admired CW watches for a number of years. I purchased a watch in the sale on Wednesday and have heard nothing other than the initial order confirmation. I checked out as a guest as its been a few years since I'd brought a CW watch and didn't want to miss the boat like last year. I've had a couple of bad experiences with mail order over Christmas so I'm a bit nervous. Is there anyway I can check the status with no CW account or should I just sit tight?
Cheers
Tom
Hi,

There are a few of us that have had an email "order confirmation" and are showing as "Being Prepared for Dispatch" on our account order status page. You obviously won't have that page, but I suspect (hope) that we're just looking at them being very busy. I have heard some have received "order dispatch" emails today as well, but not seen anything so far here.

Of course, there have been issues in the past as I understand it, with orders being confirmed but then stock not actually being available. It seems whatever caused this previously has (apparently) been rectified for this time. Therefore, if you were able to order and get confirmation, then it would seem all should be ok.

Again, this is just based on what I've read on here, others with more knowledge may be able to jump in and advise :thumbup:

Hopefully we'll all get "order dispatched" emails on Monday and watches a day or two later :D

Cheers
Gary
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
TShakespeare

Post by TShakespeare »

JasperCat wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:22 pm
I'm new to this forum but have admired CW watches for a number of years. I purchased a watch in the sale on Wednesday and have heard nothing other than the initial order confirmation. I checked out as a guest as its been a few years since I'd brought a CW watch and didn't want to miss the boat like last year. I've had a couple of bad experiences with mail order over Christmas so I'm a bit nervous. Is there anyway I can check the status with no CW account or should I just sit tight?
Cheers
Tom
Hi,

There are a few of us that have had an email "order confirmation" and are showing as "Being Prepared for Dispatch" on our account order status page. You obviously won't have that page, but I suspect (hope) that we're just looking at them being very busy. I have heard some have received "order dispatch" emails today as well, but not seen anything so far here.

Of course, there have been issues in the past as I understand it, with orders being confirmed but then stock not actually being available. It seems whatever caused this previously has (apparently) been rectified for this time. Therefore, if you were able to order and get confirmation, then it would seem all should be ok.

Again, this is just based on what I've read on here, others with more knowledge may be able to jump in and advise :thumbup:

Hopefully we'll all get "order dispatched" emails on Monday and watches a day or two later :D

Cheers
Gary
Hi Gary

Thank you for the reply and information. Fingers crossed all is ok as can't wait for the new watch to arrive.

Cheers

Tom
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Someone has eaten the Bounty (again)! Good for the buyer.
Just the 'Oh Deere' Fudge left.
Both are perfectly good watches, of course, but always left until last
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:12 pm Someone has eaten the Bounty (again)! Good for the buyer.
You mean that someone has bought the parts bin special Birkin thing? :shock:

Strange times. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Bahnstormer_vRS

JasperCat wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:22 pm
Cheers
Tom
Hi,

Cheers
Gary

That all seem to be a sound and accurate response from Gary (@JasperCat). Fingers crossed for you.

A suggestion though for you Tom (@TShakespeare), which I have no idea whether it will work but I'm sure it is worth a try.

How about registering an Account on the CW website, making sure (as far as you are able) that your name, address and email etc. are the same as you used for your order (when you checked out as a guest).

It is just possible that the account / order system will put 2 and 2 together, making 4, and when you then look at your account your order and its status will be there.

Guy

Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

nbg wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:34 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:12 pm Someone has eaten the Bounty (again)! Good for the buyer.
You mean that someone has bought the parts bin special Birkin thing? :shock:

Strange times. :)

Neil
It bloomin' well looks like it. They'll be (virtually) high fiving around the (virtual) offices of Maidenhead tonight, that's for sure.
borderman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by borderman »

Had my AMGT chronograph I bought in the sale delivered today was very pleased until I
tried the pusher at 4 which fell off in my hand,so back it goes :(

Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.
Bahnstormer_vRS

borderman wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:01 pm Had my AMGT chronograph I bought in the sale delivered today was very pleased until I
tried the pusher at 4 which fell off in my hand,so back it goes :(

Dave
That's disappointing. :( :(

Are you sending it back for a Warranty Repair or refund?

Guy

borderman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by borderman »

I would like it repaired if possible Guy depends on how long it will take can't see them
having a exchange watch so I will see what CW has to say,if not I will a refund it's a shame
because I really like the watch.
Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.