c65 range under my skin...Kip meds please!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
stefs
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

c65 range under my skin...Kip meds please!

Post by stefs »

Right then.
I have 5 what I consider to be really decent watches. I like them all but really consider 5 to be a couple too many.
As it is they are not getting anywhere near the amount of wear that they deserve as (and no abuse is required at this point) the vast majority of my midweek sees my apple series 6 on my wrist.

So with this in mind why do I feel the idea of building a small collection of cw's based around the c65 range is even remotely worth contemplating? I think that almost the entire C65 range is a design success and for me easily cw finest hour.

A nice 4 watch addition for my eyes would be
c65 sandhurst. Great size, classic looks and understated.
c65 super compressor in the new dark blue
c65 yellow limited edition
c65 am gt chrono. Yes its a quartz but a goodun and very good specs for the dosh.

I think that would be a good start but of course I dont need any of these :problem:

Then I could very easily add
c65 Ombre

Then if I could get over the mental barrier of spending over a k on a cw...
the new c65 chrono
c65 blue sh21.

They wear well and generally slimmer on the wrist than they should be. They all have properly useable WR and above all available with the excellent adjustable and QR bracelets.

The best course of action? A darkened room for a month with a double dose of Kips meds until this all goes away and some semblance of sanity returns.
apologies for my rambling thoughts
This watch enthusiast malarky is a bloody nightmare innit!
My name is paul and I am a watchaholic. It has been zero days since my last watch.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: c65 range under my skin...Kip meds please!

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

stefs wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:58 pm
As it is they are not getting anywhere near the amount of wear that they deserve as (and no abuse is required at this point) the vast majority of my midweek sees my apple series 6 on my wrist.
Oh, go on...just a LITTLE bit of abuse...PLEEEEASE? :D

I think that almost the entire C65 range is a design success and for me easily cw finest hour.
I only have the "original" Diver but I quite understand. They are excellent.

The best course of action? A darkened room for a month with a double dose of Kips meds until this all goes away and some semblance of sanity returns.
Have you met Kip? His meds are designed to make you BUY them!

This watch enthusiast malarky is a bloody nightmare innit!
Innit just?! :lol:
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thegreyman »

Totally get you Paul, I agree the C65 case design is probably the best CW have done. I have the Ombre and Darmouth and could happily add a few other C65's too.
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Ombre COSC LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Thunder1 »

I quite agree re: your opinion on the C65series..I have 6 of them and am contemplating a 7th..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
C60 GMT 600/C65 SH21 LE/C65 Trident Khaki & Black dials/C65 Black & Blue Dial Autos/C65 Bronze Ombre LE
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 27
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

You omitted to mention the C65 GMT.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Bronze-316L| C60 Apex-Elite GMT-AbyssSH21| C65 GMT| C1000
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Korkki »

Under your skin....??? ...Kip's meds... :? :o :shock: ...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!

:shock: :silent:

Please remember if someone accidentally swallows a suppository or enema, contact your doctor or NHS Direct (0845 4647 in England and Wales, 0845 24 24 24 in Scotland) straight away and take the person to hospital. Take the medicine or packaging with you so that the doctors know what has been swallowed.
NO PARKING
This space is reserved
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by nbg »

Complete madness! :shock:

You need to book a therapy session with your personal watch councillor. :)

That said I do like the look of the new dark blue Super Compressor...

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Speechless from Somerset.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
kiter65
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by kiter65 »

Looking at the ones you’ve sold :shock: you now want to build a collection of C65’s....something very seriously wrong with you :lol: you definitely need help but what help I’ve no idea :D
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by CBMVic20 »

Hear that ticking noise?

It's the sound of inevitability.

I say relax, let the tractor beam pull you in and enjoy the ride. You'll have plenty of time in 2021 to seek therapy.
CW C8 World Timer | C9 5-Day | C11 Extreme | C40 Speedhawk | C60 Pro MkII x2 | C60 Pro SH21 | C65 SH21
Marc & Sons MSD-046 Yellow
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Seiko 5 Sports Auto Orange
Tag F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
stefs
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by stefs »

An extra glass of red tonight and a good nights sleep and I'm sure the madness will have left me in the morning. I dont think I would start actually lobbing cash at these but I do think they are very nice indeed.
Hopefully there aren't two doctors on here otherwise they could get me sanctioned :?
My name is paul and I am a watchaholic. It has been zero days since my last watch.
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Viognier »

stefs wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:14 pm
An extra glass of red tonight and a good nights sleep and I'm sure the madness will have left me in the morning. I dont think I would start actually lobbing cash at these but I do think they are very nice indeed.
Hopefully there aren't two doctors on here otherwise they could get me sanctioned :?
Paul, please PM me if you still have your Zenith EP (42mm) to "help fund"your new C65 collection.

I agree with you between select C60 and Two C65 watches i could build an ideal three watch collection of affordable luxury. I keep going back to the C65 Chronograph myself.

Keep us posted!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:08 pm
You omitted to mention the C65 GMT.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
The best of the lot, if you ask me.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

CW Wishlist:
C65 Trident GMT Worldtimer
C9 5 Day SS

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
stefs
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by stefs »

Viognier wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:21 pm
stefs wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:14 pm
Paul, please PM me if you still have your Zenith EP (42mm) to "help fund"your new C65 collection.

I agree with you between select C60 and Two C65 watches i could build an ideal three watch collection of affordable luxury. I keep going back to the C65 Chronograph myself.

Keep us posted!
Lance I have never owned a 42 mm zenith EP! I did have a 38. It was a great watch and I wish I hadnt let it go.
I would like to make it clear it was never my plan to sell any of my 5 in order to fund a c65 binge.
The red wine has now entered the blood system so normal service will soon be resumed I imagine!
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Viognier »

stefs wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:28 pm

Lance I have never owned a 42 mm zenith EP! I did have a 38. It was a great watch and I wish I hadnt let it go.
I would like to make it clear it was never my plan to sell any of my 5 in order to fund a c65 binge.
The red wine has now entered the blood system so normal service will soon be resumed I imagine!
Godspeed Paul on your C65 quest :D
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy