CW Return Policy

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
f_m_leon

CW Return Policy

Post by f_m_leon »

Hi all, I recently purchased a CW GMT Trident (the "Pepsi" bezel one). I'm still in the 60 day return policy, but I was wondering how strict they are? I'm in the USA, so it's kind of a P.I.T.A. to send it overseas back to CW. I don't know how strictly they look at the watch (it's only been worn a handful of times and, to me, looks brand new) or if they grade it and say "No, this isn't returnable." I assume folks have some first-hand experience.

Also I purchased an extra strap with it that I like. Would I need to send everything back that I bought on that order or just the watch and strap? Lastly, what's the turnaround time for them to credit me if they do indeed accept the return?

Thank you.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: CW Return Policy

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

How many times have you worn it, and where?

If it has been out and about that could be a problem. I have never used the 60-day return, so I suppose others might be better informed.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:26 pm How many times have you worn it, and where?

If it has been out and about that could be a problem. I have never used the 60-day return, so I suppose others might be better informed.
As Steve says, but in addition, is it on strap or bracelet?

Bracelet might be ok, but a strap will show wear after a “handful” of times.

Extra strap is a separate issue, no need to send back. Unless it tipped you over the limit to use a voucher, then I’m not sure.

Turnaround times are pretty quick when return is approved. 2/3 days for mine in the past.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
f_m_leon

Post by f_m_leon »

I purchased it with the strap, but added on the bracelet. I'm not sure how they would view it. The strap I've actually got on another watch, so it would not qualify as "new" - whereas I feel the bracelet would. This was a few weeks ago when they were having the 15% off sale and there wasn't a limit so that I could qualify for a discount.

I've worn it just out and about a few times, no scratches, scrapes, etc.

I guess my ultimate question would be, if the deem it "not returnable" for whatever reason, do they send it back or say "We'll give you xxx dollars for it?" It might just be easier if I put it on eBay and won't need to worry about it.
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

It is only returnable under 60/60 if it 'As new'.

If there are any blemishes at all, it is non-returnable.
CW do not buy in used stock, so they will not offer a reduced value.
There's always time for one more.
f_m_leon

Post by f_m_leon »

Ok, well that's too much of a hassle for me (and I'm also impatient) so looks like it's eBay.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

As I understand it, the watch as to be in new condition, i.e. as it was when you bought it so it can be sold on. Would you be happy to buy - at full price - a watch that had been worn "a handful of times" by someone else? I wouldn't, but perhaps that's just me.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

Pm'd with details as I recently returned one....pain free.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

I think the idea is so that you can examine it in the flesh. Not actually wear it out...

No shop would allow you to do that