Strap update for C65 Bronze Ombré

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Strap update for C65 Bronze Ombré

Post by J0EMI »

I thought I would get around to posting some pictures of my new C65 Trident Bronze Ombré LE for everyone's viewing pleasure, after asking for recommendations on watch straps here recently. As CW were unable to ship the watch to me on the distressed leather strap (out of stock), they kindly offered to send the watch on an alternative strap free of charge until they can ship it to me next month, so I went with the Vintage Oak Tan leather strap. As I mentioned in my previous post though, I was keen on a more subtle strap over the distressed strap, I think this works quite nicely. This is my first CW watch, and I'm blown away by the details and quality of it.

I plan on posting an update post in the next few months for anyone interested in how the patina develops. For now though, enjoy.

Joe
20201121_215720.jpg
20201121_215625.jpg
20201121_215533.jpg
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: Strap update for C65 Bronze Ombré

Post by Viognier »

Congratulations ! I think the strap looks fantastic
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

That looks great. I think light tan straps are a great match for both blue and black watches in particular. Personally I would put a deployant clasp on it. It doesn't matter if it's not bronze - a brushed steel would look fine, -you don't really look at the back of the wrist - but the strap will last a lot longer than bending it repeatedly to get it off and on a tang.
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Your strap suits it very well :0)

I personally wouldn't bother with the distressed strap as it will very quickly lose most of the dark bits which will just fall off!!!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

redmonaco wrote:Your strap suits it very well :0)

I personally wouldn't bother with the distressed strap as it will very quickly lose most of the dark bits which will just fall off!!!
. . ... not if you treat it first with some leather conditioner, I use Gliptone, to put some moisture back into the strap, that had been stripped out by the distressing process.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England