Insuring

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Jonesie1962

Insuring

Post by Jonesie1962 »

I own C9 Harrison JJ03 Mk3 would someone be able to give me some idea how much I should insure it for.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Insuring

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Good morning (and Welcome as that was your first post!) 8)

I assume the watch is the C9 Harrison Worldtimer.

Here is the information on the watch on the CW Archive

Here is the pricing information from the CW Archive

It has been out of production for a year or two, as you will have seen, so might not be easy to replace.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
ajax87
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by ajax87 »

Different insurance policies have different types of coverage. Some insurers will require you to get an appraisal and insure it for the appraised cost. Some will let you set the limit of insurance, then will value the watch at the time of loss should a loss occur, not to exceed your pre-set limit. So if you have that policy then set the limit generously. Make sure you read the actual policy contract to determine how they’ll value the watch in the case of a loss. If it is a replacement cost policy, they will value it at the cost to replace it with something of “like kind and quality”, so safe bet would be to review CWs current lineup and insure it for the cost of the closest similar new watch available.
Some policies are called “blanket” and will cover all your jewelry and watches without having to name and insure specific pieces, for a pre set blanket limit, like $2k or $10k.
Try to over-insure if possible, never under-insure.

I’m an insurance claims adjuster by day...
Alex
C5 Malvern Aviator Mk1|C60 Sapphire|C60 Abyss|60s Omega Seamaster DeVille|Omega Speedmaster mk40 Cosmos|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot V8 auto chrono|Tissot Le Locle|Timex Marlin|a smattering of others...
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

ajax87 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:41 pm
Different insurance policies have different types of coverage. Some insurers will require you to get an appraisal and insure it for the appraised cost. Some will let you set the limit of insurance, then will value the watch at the time of loss should a loss occur, not to exceed your pre-set limit. So if you have that policy then set the limit generously. Make sure you read the actual policy contract to determine how they’ll value the watch in the case of a loss. If it is a replacement cost policy, they will value it at the cost to replace it with something of “like kind and quality”, so safe bet would be to review CWs current lineup and insure it for the cost of the closest similar new watch available.
Some policies are called “blanket” and will cover all your jewelry and watches without having to name and insure specific pieces, for a pre set blanket limit, like $2k or $10k.
Try to over-insure if possible, never under-insure.

I’m an insurance claims adjuster by day...
And by Night? :)
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
ajax87
Senior
Senior

Post by ajax87 »

jimbo wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:18 am

And by Night? :)
Haha... mostly dad, and sleeping when I get the chance!
Alex
C5 Malvern Aviator Mk1|C60 Sapphire|C60 Abyss|60s Omega Seamaster DeVille|Omega Speedmaster mk40 Cosmos|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot V8 auto chrono|Tissot Le Locle|Timex Marlin|a smattering of others...