C60 Sapphire

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Gorams72

C60 Sapphire

Post by Gorams72 »

Just joined and was really liking the Sapphire... wondered if it would have a customs fee charged if I bought it, since it’s over $800 even with 15% discount offerings now? Also, I see people talking about the NEARLY NEW , but when I go to CW site I don’t see it....what am I missing? Thanks
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Sapphire

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Hello and welcome. 8)

There are and have been other threads running on the subject of Customs Charges and relative prices of watches. I’m afraid I’m clueless but I have no doubt that other people can help you out there.

NEARLY NEW: this is a little section on the website that comes and goes. It is usually under a section called CLEARANCE. Basically that’s the Sale/Reduced area.

Nearly new tends to mean watches that have been used for promotional purposes, and to all intents and purposes are as new, but might have the odd minor mark. I have had a couple in my time and they seemed perfect. They are generally reduced by around 30%. If you cannot see them or the CLEARANCE section on the website, it isn’t there presently. They sometimes wait until they have a few things to sell off, then put the section up. People here on the forum are normally very quick to alert members about it. Just keep your eyes open.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Welcome to the forum / asylum. :wave:

I presume by mentioning $800 you are in the USA. As AVO has already mentioned a frequent topic for discussion, plenty of information is around.

Basically, yes. As your purchase is over $800 there will be Duty and Taxes to pay depending on which State you are in.

Once your watch has been shipped and is with DHL, they will contact you and advise how much is required and how to pay, before delivery.

Good luck.

PS> 15% is CW's best discount for a new, current model (as opposed to Nearly New or End of Line).

Good luck.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Bronze| C60 Apex-Elite GMT| C65 GMT| C1000
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Viognier »

Gorams72 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:35 am
Just joined and was really liking the Sapphire... wondered if it would have a customs fee charged if I bought it, since it’s over $800 even with 15% discount offerings now? Also, I see people talking about the NEARLY NEW , but when I go to CW site I don’t see it....what am I missing? Thanks
When you get to 5 approved posts you will see one available pre-owned in the sales corner
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy