Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: C65 Super Compressor - Deep Blue

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations Ian !!!
Fantastic photos and also of the blue tropic strap that some people wanted to see in real life photos.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Tortoise wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:16 pm ..... wow !

Apologies for the finger prints and dust. Really struggling to do it justice with my amateur "happy snaps" straight out of the box...
The fit and finish is lovely, the way the sunburst dial and the facets on the indices play with the light is absolutely superb - I have not been able to capture that at all in these shots ...it is a beautiful piece IMO. Great job CW! :thumbup:
cheers
Great pics! This all blue version has me rethinking my opinion of this watch.
Drew
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

jkbarnes wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:19 pm ...and will be able to stop looking at stupid price Omega/Rolex with decent blue dials.
Have you seen the new Tudor Black Bay in blue? It’s beautiful, and a far more reasonable price compared to an Omega or Rolex.

timor54 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:55 pm I was disappointed initially with these as I felt the white internal bezel was too prominent and overwhelmed the dial.

This solves that issue for me and is the first new model and colour combination that has really got to me in the last couple of years. On the blue tropic it just looks stunning...
Agreed on all counts! This color combo on a blue tropic really commands my attention.
The Tudo BB Blue is within striking distance of an Omega Seamaster Pro 300 in blue.....

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Interesting photos. The iridescence of the blue dial appears to display quite a range of shades of blue. I know it’s all about lighting, but in these images it seems to be noticeably lighter that the CW stock images?

The blue tropic looks good, also possibly lighter as well?
Tim
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

Thank you all for the kind words. :thumbup:
A few outdoor shots before work this morning ...
IMG_9493.jpg
IMG_9499.jpg
IMG_9501.jpg
IMG_9504.jpg
Ian
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

timor54 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:52 pm Interesting photos. The iridescence of the blue dial appears to display quite a range of shades of blue. I know it’s all about lighting, but in these images it seems to be noticeably lighter that the CW stock images?

The blue tropic looks good, also possibly lighter as well?
You are right on both counts Tim.

The indoor images yesterday were taken under our LED 4000k office lighting - so as close to "natural daylight" colour temperature as I could readily get access to at the time. The dial is slightly lighter but also more vibrant than the stock images on the CW website in my view and reflects a range of hues. When combined with the reflective components such as the indices it is a very attractive effect. I would describe the sunburst dial as being reasonably subtle though - it's not one that "screams" attention. Hopefully the daylight shots give you a better idea of this.

The strap is quite soft and pliable straight out of the box - very comfortable. It seems to be good quality but it is definitely a different hue and a lighter shade than it reads in the stock images. When viewed in the shade, or in indirect light it reads as a shade lighter than the dial appears and is not so noticeable, but outside, or in strong direct light, the colour difference is much more noticeable. The strap colour (mis)match is really the only thing I would grumble about at this stage if pushed..
cheers
Ian
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

^^^ Ian described the dial quite well. It’s beautiful and takes on different shades depending on angle and light.

I wasn’t super impressed with the super compressor when it first came out, but this color spoke to me.

DHL dropped mine off a couple hours ago :D

A couple quick shots upon unboxing. I’ll have time to size the bracelet tomorrow, but WOW I like it on the orange tiber for now.

D8F96454-108A-4A16-973A-8CFD4488374D.jpeg
00FF99CF-DBCF-486B-BC50-1BBB5421E075.jpeg
88FCF555-9449-4FF5-A472-47CBB5A6F04D.jpeg
D140293F-B4A9-442F-80B9-AFF5A41E0D13.jpeg
9CD77E61-8050-41D1-B024-3807F18A51BD.jpeg
C3027E8D-6BEC-4446-ACA4-49CCCA42FF73.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Ian and Alex, brilliant photos of a stunning watch. Thanks for posting. :clap:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Great photos and congrats on the new watches!

This is by far the best colour option for the new SC, it even makes all the "lines" I don't really like of the design less jarring.

My only question for CW would be why not an orange hour hand - for me, it gets a bit lost on the dial; with the size difference between the two there would be no confusing them if the same colour.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

I would agree with the majority here - this colourway is a great option and certainly helps to tone down the dial business.

Looks great on the orange tiber too :D
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I’m impressed by the dial hues. It can look almost purple in some light conditions.

However, I’d agree that the blue tropic does look a little off, a shame as I initially liked this combination. It’s a good job I sat on my hands and waited for some real images.

I think this calls for an orange isofrane strap :thumbup:
Tim
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Very impressive!
'Tis me
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

That is a beautiful shade of blue, especially with how it appears to shift depending on the light. The matching dial and bezel really tone down what looked very busy to me in other color combinations.
Drew
SammyD
CW-watches: 9

Post by SammyD »

Great shots on the orange tiber, they way I would like to have it. Thanks for posting!!
Cheers,

Sam

C60 (300, Atoll, Graphite), C63 GMT, C65 SC, C65 manual; C7 Rapide
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I actually was one of the first to hear about the new Deep Blue colourway from Vallen Hardy at CW before their release and I put an order in for it then, just had to wait a bit for a few things to come together but it's now fully ordered and hopefully will be sent out to me soon :D :D :D

Really looking forward to this, especially as myself and Louise saw the Prototype at the showroom back in February.