Feeling lonely with my C65 Chrono

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Feeling lonely with my C65 Chrono

Post by Thermexman »

Did anybody else take the plunge on a C65 Chrono? I know I was an early adopter but I haven’t seen any one else post a pic or mention buying one yet. Come on guys & gals, we’re two weeks past launch & I'm beginning to worry.

I’ve seen lots of comments criticising aspects of the design or the price but I’m starting to think that I’m the only one who bought one. Surely not?

I’m worried because the subsequent dumping of unsold stock in the NN section is going to really upset the Yorkshireman in me!

I make no apologies for my love of this watch and just to whet your appetite, it’s running at +/- 0 secs having been worn every day since it arrived.

C’mon, don’t be shy. You’re among friends here. Anyone else want to admit to buying one?

542693D5-E24C-414F-A1B9-ADD831AAE20F.jpeg
Attachments
214E7C56-4B0A-41EE-9DAA-B8F650222AE7.jpeg
Steve.
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Re: Feeling lonely with my C65 Chrono

Post by Commisar »

Thermexman wrote:Did anybody else take the plunge on a C65 Chrono? I know I was an early adopter but I haven’t seen any one else post a pic or mention buying one yet. Come on guys & gals, we’re two weeks past launch & I'm beginning to worry.

I’ve seen lots of comments criticising aspects of the design or the price but I’m starting to think that I’m the only one who bought one. Surely not?

I’m worried because the subsequent dumping of unsold stock in the NN section is going to really upset the Yorkshireman in me!

I make no apologies for my love of this watch and just to whet your appetite, it’s running at +/- 0 secs having been worn every day since it arrived.

C’mon, don’t be shy. You’re among friends here. Anyone else want to admit to buying one?

542693D5-E24C-414F-A1B9-ADD831AAE20F.jpeg
Wow it LOOKS GREAT. So many seem to think that a Chronograph needs to be monochrome or silver......

Meanwhile, CW makes a fun colorful automatic Chronograph and everyone freaks out.

Hope you enjoy itImage

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Thermexman wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:50 pm
Steve, I think they're just allowing you your moment of glory. A bit like when Ben Youngs got his 100th cap, he was allowed to walk out alone and savour the adulation of the cro...

...Oh! :D
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thermexman »

^^^Hahaha. Then I’ll just give a gentle wave & a nod and head back to the changing room so as no to break socially distancing guidelines. :wave:
Steve.
0uatiOW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by 0uatiOW »

I’ll own up.... to liking it, especially the colour details on the sub-registers & the date wheel, and the logo position... shh..... :silent:

Sadly, I won’t be buying one though, because I have other more pressing uses for the cash.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
0uatiOW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by 0uatiOW »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:00 pm
Thermexman wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:50 pm
Steve, I think they're just allowing you your moment of glory. A bit like when Ben Youngs got his 100th cap, he was allowed to walk out alone and savour the adulation of the cro...

...Oh! :D
... all Ben Youngs had to savour was his new Bremont... [Edit: and the victory of course]
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Sorry but at £1800 on the bracelet it's too expensive to overcome the details that don't suit me...too many colours, too many minute markers, screw-in pushers too prominent. Good logo position though :D
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I can't admit to buying one Steve, but will say that it is under consideration to be bought towards the end of the month, for a significant birthday.

The other CW under consideration is the C60 Abyss SH21, and there are a couple of non-CWs in the mix too.

I've got some thinking to do.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Bronze| C60 Apex-Elite GMT| C65 GMT| C1000
Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thermexman »

If I may be so bold Guy, nice as this watch is, I’d suggest that if you’re still considering sampling one, that you do it from sales corner or NN? My thinking is that, being as it wears smaller than you’d think and knowing that you favour a larger watch, I’d imagine that this wouldn’t stay long at Bahnstormer_vrs Towers?

I may be wrong of course!
Steve.