KornSaksakorn
Junior
Junior

Re: C60 Blue Limited Edition

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Thank you very much, audio.bill.
audio.bill wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:59 pm
The promo code jayhector15 currently works for 15% off all regularly priced items, but it's not clear when it expires.
Korn Saksakorn S.
audio.bill
Senior
Senior

Post by audio.bill »

KornSaksakorn wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:37 pm
Thank you very much, audio.bill.
audio.bill wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:59 pm
The promo code jayhector15 currently works for 15% off all regularly priced items, but it's not clear when it expires.
That coupon code is no longer active as of this morning. Hope those that previously used it had their orders successfully processed. 8)
OTL

Post by OTL »

Commisar wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:42 am
OTL wrote:This watch is compelling...

I've reached out to Christopher Ward to ask if the wave pattern is etched into the sapphire dial, or if it comes from the polycarbonate sheet underneath the dial (that's how they got the blue hue on the C60 Sapphire).

How they did the waves will make or break the watch for me.
It's 99% in the blue polycarbonate

The normal Sapphire has a clear sapphire

Colored sapphire are pretty tricky

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I was hopeful the waves would be etched, like on the new Seamaster. The depth those add to the dial, and the way they catch the light is amazing.

Longevity of the polycarbonate under the dial is also a concern of mine with this Chris Ward. It'd be a real shame if it faded/warped due to age.

Have yet to the hear anything back from the brand themselves regarding my initial inquiry.
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thegreyman »

OTL wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:49 am

Longevity of the polycarbonate under the dial is also a concern of mine with this Chris Ward. It'd be a real shame if it faded/warped due to age.

Have yet to the hear anything back from the brand themselves regarding my initial inquiry.
That would only be a potential issue if you were one of those crazy people who wear the same watch every day :wink:
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Ombre COSC LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

OTL wrote:
I was hopeful the waves would be etched, like on the new Seamaster. The depth those add to the dial, and the way they catch the light is amazing.
It is perhaps worth noting that the Seamaster is at a different price point in the market. Also the Seamaster's dial is solid (I don't know whether plastic, composite or metal) not clear crystal.

Agreed CW are exceptionally good value, but I'm sure there is a limit as to what they can do.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Bronze| C60 Apex-Elite GMT| C65 GMT| C1000
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by albionphoto »

The waves on the Seamaster are laser etched onto a pigmented ceramic (ZrO2) disc.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Omega, Orion, Oris and Seiko
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:35 am
OTL wrote:
It is perhaps worth noting that the Seamaster is at a different price point in the market. Also the Seamaster's dial is solid (I don't know whether plastic, composite or metal) not clear crystal.

Agreed CW are exceptionally good value, but I'm sure there is a limit as to what they can do.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
According to the CW site "a wave pattern laser-etched into the sapphire based on the logo of BLUE." is how the waves are achieved.
Just how deep the etching can be though is probably the issue as the sapphire is only 0.6mm thick, again according to the CW website.
Watchfly
CW-watches: 3

Post by Watchfly »

Beautiful, I have one on order.