Christopher Ward Merchandising

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
BJH
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 16

Christopher Ward Merchandising

Post by BJH »

I am not sure if this subject has been covered before but thought I would ask the question anyway.
Has there ever been any kind of Christopher Ward merchandising available?
As a big fan of the brand it would be great to be able to purchase items such as coffee mugs,drinks
coasters (similar to the Haveston one's available) etc.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Christopher Ward Merchandising

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

There has been some stuff, certainly. At events like GTGs and Salon QP, when they attended that, they have given out goodie bags with copies of current publications and promotional material.

At a London GTG for forum members a few years back, we all got CW leather keyrings (now no longer produced) and those very useful watch pods. Last year at the Bristol GTG the bag contained, among other things, a coffee mug and a loupe (not the magazine, a real one!)

Obviously events have been in abeyance this year.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
BJH
Junior
Junior

Post by BJH »

I should have gone to the Edinburgh event when I had the chance.
Let's hope the get together's start again when things are better.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Full set of mugs from the 2019 GTG / CW Events.

Like all good watches, they are in daily use.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Bronze| C60 Apex-Elite GMT| C65 GMT| C1000
SteelerinTX

Post by SteelerinTX »

Even though I'm new to the forum and brand, I'd happily welcome CW swag!
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Viognier »

The watch pods are incredibly useful for travel and small place storage (a safety deposit box).

That said i would consider buying a CW Ball cap (not the hipster flat brimmed style though)
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
kiter65
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by kiter65 »

I have a CW wallet, key ring and watch pod :thumbup:
alanrolfe01
CW-watches: 14

Post by alanrolfe01 »

Maybe the interest here, mine included, might create so sort of reaction. I mean Elliot Brown raised a lot of money with their charity Rememberance Day t-shirts. So even if it's not entirely 'commercial' some charity could benefit. Wearing a Christopher Ward t-shirt whilst I regularly pass the new Tribus HQ could generate some comments !!!
exHowfener
Senior
Senior

Post by exHowfener »

You can buy the watch pods can't you? I got mine when I bought my C60 for £10. I wish they were an option instead of a box. It's a good suggestion on the sales for charity - Not what you were thinking of but there must have been more mugs ordered than handed out in goody bags.
BJH
Junior
Junior

Post by BJH »

alanrolfe01 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:49 pm
Maybe the interest here, mine included, might create so sort of reaction. I mean Elliot Brown raised a lot of money with their charity Rememberance Day t-shirts. So even if it's not entirely 'commercial' some charity could benefit. Wearing a Christopher Ward t-shirt whilst I regularly pass the new Tribus HQ could generate some comments !!!
I think this is an excellent idea. With the companies military connections and the lack of support for poppies etc ' due to the virus'
This would be a great opportunity to show our support for a great cause.
The original post was certainly not done with the idea of some kind of 'freebies' in mind.
Les47
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Les47 »

I have a cw mug myself and use it every day
Fat-Sam
Senior
Senior

Post by Fat-Sam »

For me it’s the sort of brand I’d happily grab a cap or t shirt for a holiday, even the mugs and key rings I’d probably get (I faded my 2019gtg mug out with the dishwasher)

I’m not sure I’d wear a Rolex or Omega (or any luxury brand for that matter) cap/t shirt but brands with a good community and that are a bit more for the enthusiast I would (CW, Sinn or Seiko)

I don’t imagine it would be a great money earner but it helps people become invested in the brand. Men tend to be more brand loyal like that and I think helping people buy into the brand further could be a smart move. Eg I don’t own a CW at present but even the forum helps me feel like I’m still “part of the CW club” so I’ll probably pick another up in the sales however when I sold my Sinn, Laco or countless other similarly priced watches I never went back to them
I never had the makings of a varsity athlete...
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961 (Gold)
Omega Speedmaster 2018 (Mitsukoshi dial)
DIY Watch Club Diver (black)
Raymond Weil Toccata
G shock GW-M5610 (black out)
SevenFriday P1/01
exHowfener
Senior
Senior

Post by exHowfener »

Should anyone here feel that they would like to support the 2020 poppy appeal, and haven't already done so, a donation can be made on the Royal British Legion website, And the best thing is that 100% goes to the charity.
KevinB
Senior
Senior

Post by KevinB »

exHowfener wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:17 pm
Should anyone here feel that they would like to support the 2020 poppy appeal, and haven't already done so, a donation can be made on the Royal British Legion website, And the best thing is that 100% goes to the charity.
Being unable to travel to the UK this year I was able to get my poppies here: https://www.britishlegionusa.com for anyone in the US that is interested. I felt I needed one for my MINI Cooper this year.