New Watch, Incoming!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ITCSUK
CW-watches: 3

New Watch, Incoming!

Post by ITCSUK »

Only just joined this forum today to get broarder options as I look for an addition to the CW family. I only went and dived straight in today with an eBay purchase. Fingers crossed for this arriving, C9 Harrison Chrono.

I have a question on polishing out any scratches, sorry if this has been asked 100 times, I did search the forum but could not find anything specific. Q. if I were to send in the watch to CW for a Service do they also offer a re polishing service?

Thanks
C9 Harrison 5 day automatic
C9 Harrison Chrono limited addition
C60 trident pro 600 🔱
C11 Makaira pro 500
Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro
Gucci 8300 Moon Phase
gaf1958
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 24

Re: New Watch, Incoming!

Post by gaf1958 »

They don’t offer a polishing service, but they will, for a modest fee, re-case the watch - providing of course, that they have that particular casein stock. You can contact customer service directly to check on that.

P.S. a good choice of watch - a classic design, even if not one that’s original to CW.
CWL C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+C15+3xC60T+C65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 10xSpeedy+6xSeamaster+Connie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+4xFarer+2xOris+3xMagrette+12xSeiko+3xVtg
B&R+2xHalios+Doxa+3xVisitor+TagH+Tissot+3xDiRenzo+5xZelos+more
Family 12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

ITCSUK wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:57 pm
Only just joined this forum today to get broarder options as I look for an addition to the CW family. I only went and dived straight in today with an eBay purchase. Fingers crossed for this arriving, C9 Harrison Chrono.

I have a question on polishing out any scratches, sorry if this has been asked 100 times, I did search the forum but could not find anything specific. Q. if I were to send in the watch to CW for a Service do they also offer a re polishing service?

Thanks
C9 Harrison Chrono, you say? Top notch purchase, my first CW too, back in 2012.

Silver or black dial?

As to your question about CW offering refurbishment / polishing services, the answer is currently; no.

I emphasise currently as this is, as mentioned by Mike France at one of the GTG / CW Events last year, an area they are looking at and, in the long term, would like to offer.

Guy
C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Bronze| C60 Apex-Elite GMT| C65 GMT| C1000
Fat-Sam
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

I don’t know this watch itself but a good and trusted watch servicer/repairer would normally be able to refinish and polish a case. I know there is often a dislike of polishing watches but I think people often mistake bad over-polishing with a sympathetic and well done polish and refinish. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to recommend people but I have someone I have used for over 20 years in Hatton garden that I use for my watches as I know I get an honest appraisal. When I have sent watches off to their manufacturers before I have been over-quoted or told watches need more work than I believed they do (Panerai and Omega I’m looking at you!)
I never had the makings of a varsity athlete...
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961 (Gold)
Omega Speedmaster 2018 (Mitsukoshi dial)
DIY Watch Club Diver (black)
Raymond Weil Toccata
G shock GW-M5610 (black out)
SevenFriday P1/01
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

^^^ You can post that information here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ITCSUK

Post by ITCSUK »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:08 am
ITCSUK wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:57 pm

Thanks
C9 Harrison Chrono, you say? Top notch purchase, my first CW too, back in 2012.

Silver or black dial?

As to your question about CW offering refurbishment / polishing services, the answer is currently; no.

I emphasise currently as this is, as mentioned by Mike France at one of the GTG / CW Events last year, an area they are looking at and, in the long term, would like to offer.

Guy
Black, I've already got a Rubber strap on order from CW to add to it, hoping they will look good on the wrist.

Untitled.png
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line' - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55242
C60 trident pro 600 🔱
C11 Makaira pro 500
Gucci 8300 Moon Phase
ITCSUK

Post by ITCSUK »

Fat-Sam wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:05 pm
I don’t know this watch itself but a good and trusted watch servicer/repairer would normally be able to refinish and polish a case. I know there is often a dislike of polishing watches but I think people often mistake bad over-polishing with a sympathetic and well done polish and refinish. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to recommend people but I have someone I have used for over 20 years in Hatton garden that I use for my watches as I know I get an honest appraisal. When I have sent watches off to their manufacturers before I have been over-quoted or told watches need more work than I believed they do (Panerai and Omega I’m looking at you!)
Thanks, good info, I'm hopping nothing needed as seller says "unmarked" but I haven't set my bar to high, fingers crossed. will post dome photos when it arrrives.
C60 trident pro 600 🔱
C11 Makaira pro 500
Gucci 8300 Moon Phase
ITCSUK

Post by ITCSUK »

Finally arrived, No need for a polish the watch is looking great after a general clean, loving it the hue to the black is quit something, love the watch. Limited addition for under £500 I’m a happy bunny. :clap:

BEE9FADF-D8F2-46DC-A452-1E6B76EDBFA1.jpeg
D5DC27C0-F86C-4837-92A6-6E6B312B1D77.jpeg
C28E1E5A-BA3F-472C-BE97-79E0382B17D8.jpeg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line' - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55242
C60 trident pro 600 🔱
C11 Makaira pro 500
Gucci 8300 Moon Phase
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by TigerChris »

Looks in decent nick, that. Good pick up, certainly beats most of the newer designs in my opinion.
gannet
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by gannet »

I agree, that looks great!
-- gannet.
Davy Crockett
Senior
Senior

Post by Davy Crockett »

Quite like that....
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Lovely. Has a definite Portuguese flavour about it.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
Laird
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 22

Post by Laird »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:59 pm
Lovely. Has a definite Portuguese flavour about it.
Any Port in a Storm you mean ... :P
|C70s many|C7 BlueBird, IRR, BRG|C7 RC & Hornet|C7 Valjoux|C3 Blue GT |C4 Phoenix|C5 BoB|C8 Pilots*3|C60 316L Y & B|C8 UTC & AD|C60 GMT & DD Valjoux|C65 Classics|C50 COSC|C1 WT|C9 Pulsom, JH2 & AMGT|C11 HRDC & Makaira 500 Orange|
MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 21

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations :clap:
Great to see some classic CW watches getting some new owners.
Nice to see these again as they have been a bit forgotten perhaps with the vast amount of new models they have recently produced.
Ferg

21 CW watches and a 1934 Rolex 912 'Tank'.

Check out my Instagram @minimpi610
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thegreyman »

That is a fine looking classic CW, quite rare to see now too, even on the forum.
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Ombre COSC LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way