Its what we've all been waiting for . . . .. .

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Its what we've all been waiting for . . . .. .

Post by Clach77 »

These’s a lot to like in this watch. But the DLC (which I think is the first use as opposed to PVD for CWL) puts me off a bit. I’d rather have had a steel finish like the case.

In any case, I already have a black C60 Chronograph. The biggest disappointment for me is that I was hoping for a black and yellow hybrid strap. I have an existing watch I wanted one for.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

Thermexman wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:50 pm It is what it is!
Yes it is!

All Valjoux 7750-based chronographs are thick because of the thickness of the movement. There may be thinner automatic chronograph movements, but not by much unless you go expensive.

Or hand wound.
Or quartz.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
neiltallen
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by neiltallen »

I like it. Nice to see it only has a 30 min counter - don't think anything more is needed for everyday use??

Was reading the "features", and noted the below - i don't have my glasses on, but i am sure it is a sold case back - perhaps finishing the rotor added extra cost!

"Twin-flag engraving over 'Colimaçoné' finish on the rotor"
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Thermexman wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:50 pm It’s the Sellita Valjous 7750 clone movement that gives it the 17mm + depth. My Sinn 103 was the same. Others are too. It is what it is!
I'm pretty sure this is the same movement that's in my Oris Carl Brashear and Alpina 4 watches but without the date function - I don't have the measurements, but I'm pretty sure they are less than this - probably <15mm. Admittedly, the WR on both is less.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Clach77 wrote:These’s a lot to like in this watch. But the DLC (which I think is the first use as opposed to PVD for CWL) puts me off a bit. I’d rather have had a steel finish like the case.

In any case, I already have a black C60 Chronograph. The biggest disappointment for me is that I was hoping for a black and yellow hybrid strap. I have an existing watch I wanted one for.
Where are you getting DLC from Alex?

Its Brushed Steel.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
drand
Guru
Guru

Post by drand »

Perhaps this?

"
Both the watch’s ceramic bezel and Trident-stamped backplate are finished in diamond-like carbon (DLC), delivering a contemporary ‘stealth’ touch.
"
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:31 pm
Clach77 wrote:These’s a lot to like in this watch. But the DLC (which I think is the first use as opposed to PVD for CWL) puts me off a bit. I’d rather have had a steel finish like the case.

Where are you getting DLC from Alex?

Its Brushed Steel.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
It depends on the photos if it looks like bezel is black or not. From the photo below I was thinking it was black to match the DLC case back. I hope that I am wrong. :) I wasn’t clear in my post that I was referring to the bezel.

Trying not to buy any more watches...
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I rather like it. I'm not normally a fan of bicompax layouts but this does look very handsome. I'm not too worried about the size but I bet it's going to be heavy. Will it be heavier than my Seamaster Chrono at 229g though? I doubt it.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Case weight is 115g, 210g incl bracelet according to the website.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Thegreyman wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:56 pm Steve was that your BB GMT you sold for being too tall or the BB ETA..or both?
It was both (although I'd forgotten about the GMT until you reminded me!).
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I really don't understand all the squawking about the size / weight of this watch, as it is near enough the same as its predecessor C60 Trident Pro 600 Chronograph and that was gladly accepted for what it was, and affectionately adopted by forumites as 'The Beast'.

This C60 Chronograph ought to be adopted as 'The Beast 2.0'. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:59 pm I really don't understand all the squawking about the size / weight of this watch, as it is near enough the same as its predecessor C60 Trident Pro 600 Chronograph and that was gladly accepted for what it was, and affectionately adopted by forumites as 'The Beast'.

This C60 Chronograph ought to be adopted as 'The Beast 2.0'. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy
I wouldn’t say it’s ‘squawking’, I certainly hope my posts have not come across as that. I just know by looking at this watch and comparing it with the ‘Beast’ it will be uncomfortable for me to wear despite my large wrists. I’m disappointed because I was hoping that CW would have delivered something different and not just a ‘Beast 2.0’. Having said that, I hope it is enjoyed by the many and does not appear in the January sale having been discounted because of poor sales.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

I think it's broadly fine. Far too big for me though I appreciate my wrist size doesn't lend itself to anything of this magnitude.

Doesn't particularly stand out to me above the crowd of chronographs out there but I expect/hope it does well.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Oh dear, I was waiting for this so much, I really wanted it to be good (for me), to fill a slot so this is such a big disappointment.

The overall look at a glance is fine, pretty good really and I like the black/yellow more than I thought I might. Unfortunately with the 7750 based movement it can only be thick and I know I can't cope with that having had a 7750 TAG Carrera. Also just look at the depth of that rehaut – Chicago Pizza Pie thickness.

On top of that it’s £1800. OK that’s not bad for the quality of the movement, case and bracelet but that would be a substantial contribution to the level and brand of a watch that I was hoping I wouldn’t have to go to if the CW Chrono suited.

At least I know now and earlier than I thought.

EDIT - why no black and yellow strap?
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

In this viewtopic.php?p=825904#p825904 Mike France very clearly stated that they’d be a C65 Chrono released in November.

I can only assume that it’ll be in addition to this C60 release and hopefully being in a C65 case derivative will be of more modest dimensions?
Tim